You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby sws » Wed May 13, 2015 5:57 am

RAJBAYERN wrote:For.me the back 3 means the most backward players during bayern attack, but is a line of 4, adding the fullbacks plus a defensive midfielder when the team defend.

Its a real dynamic lineup, at the same time not change too much from our other past formation.

But in this series, we were really line of 3 because fullbacks act as wingers because the absent of robbery.

That's what I think too. I think that for a back 3 to work, we need the right players. A lot of people wanted Benatia-Javi-Boateng but it doesn't look like Benatia looks comfortable as LCB. So we'd either need Badstuber or Alaba fit to make it work.

Badstuber-Javi-Boateng or Badstuber-Boateng-Benatia
sws
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sherpthederp » Wed May 13, 2015 6:15 am

sws wrote:
That's what I think too. I think that for a back 3 to work, we need the right players. A lot of people wanted Benatia-Javi-Boateng but it doesn't look like Benatia looks comfortable as LCB. So we'd either need Badstuber or Alaba fit to make it work.

Alaba-Boateng-Benatia is the way to go I think, it leaves Martinez to play CDM and he's can drop back to fill in center cb when Alaba roams. I think the best position Alaba played all year was LCB. Obviously he's a world class fullback but there's no way I could ever see Bernat being benched after this season and Alaba is versitile enough to be just as good as an LCB/CM/LM hybrid.
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby sws » Wed May 13, 2015 6:25 am

sherpthederp wrote:
sws wrote:

Alaba-Boateng-Benatia is the way to go I think, it leaves Martinez to play CDM and he's can drop back to fill in center cb when Alaba roams. I think the best position Alaba played all year was LCB. Obviously he's a world class fullback but there's no way I could ever see Bernat being benched after this season and Alaba is versitile enough to be just as good as an LCB/CM/LM hybrid.

I think our midfield is getting kind of crowded. Lahm, Kimmich, Alaba, Basti, Alonso, Hojbjerg, Gaudino, Thiago, Javi. Awkwardly, our midfield is also either aging, too young/not mature or perma-injured.
sws
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby endrity » Wed May 13, 2015 9:39 am

Well Lahm and Alaba have no business playing in midfield to begin with, they are absolutely world class at full back and we can't find any better than them there. If it wasn't for Pep's need to constantly pull something out of his a** in order to make some tactical innovation, we wouldn't have this debate. LVG said it best about Alaba and his desire to play in midfield, "he is a left back, he just doesn't know it yet". Lahm is even worse, he offers you really nothing in midfield. They can play there in case of some emergency or to make the opposition unsure during a game, but in the long run that is NOT where they should be played.

Relying on Kimmich, Gaudino, Hojbjerg is way too early. Out of all three Gaudino is the one that looks like elite and he is extremely young.

Alonso is done, like really he is a walking corpse at this point.

Javi, Thiago and Schweini all have had serious injuries and can't be fully relied on for the season.

Rode is alright, but the doubts on whether he has the talent to make it at Bayern continue to persist.

If you think about it like this, than you see we pretty much need some new blood there.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 13, 2015 11:38 am

Let us say that we don't find any replacements for Robbery and with their decline in form and health I am going to put a formation which does not include them... It only involves one new player and obviously supervised by a different coach. I want to see fast one twos passing that lead us to be in front of the opposition goal by not more than four to five passes
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Wed May 13, 2015 2:24 pm

You think Pep doesn't want them to play quick ? :lol:

Its always so easy on this forum...
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Steph » Wed May 13, 2015 3:07 pm

I do think that maybe Lahm should play right back but I definitely think that Alaba can do very well in midfield, especially since Bernat can play left back. He is so good at both left back and in midfield though that I'm not sure what would work best.

Steph
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 13, 2015 3:53 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
pyrasur wrote::-k 3-4-4...?

Ribsy-Lewy-Mueller-Robben
Alaba-Thiago-Schweini-Lahm
--Badstu-Javi-Boa---
-----------Neuer

My dream formation

I dream of having 12 players too. :P
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby endrity » Wed May 13, 2015 4:34 pm

The problem with Alaba in midfield in essence is the same as with Lahm. Alaba is a good midfielder, noticably superior to Lahm in my mind, but nonetheless is not absolutely elite in that position. He, more than Lahm, can fill in during an injury crisis or during a specific situation but again it would not be my preferred solution. If we have to rely on Alaba, or even worse yet in Lahm, to play in midfield than in essence the problem is that we simply don't have a good enough midfielder and we should go get one instead of finding some weird fix.

On the other hand, Alaba as a letft back is again arguably the best in his position. I very much appreciate what Bernat has done this year, and I am in favour of using formations that at times allow him to play more because he does deserve game time. But if we are playing the Barcas of the world and everyone is healthy I am very sorry, but I play a back 4 with Alaba as the LB and that's about it.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby Steph » Wed May 13, 2015 4:42 pm

I really think Alaba is excellent in midfield though, he can still drop back to support the defense and move to the left during an attack if he wants. Obviously he's also good at left back, but I really think he's excellent in midfield as well.
Steph
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby endrity » Wed May 13, 2015 4:52 pm

He's certainly a very good midfielder, but I wouldn't put him in the top level. I might be proven wrong in the future though so don't quote me on that yet.

But at the end of the day it's about the trade-off. Do I have a better team with Alaba in midfield and Bernat as a LB, or with Alaba as a LB and one of our other players in midfield, or future transfer? I think I'd prefer the latter option. I would certainly choose the same for Lahm.

Also, LB is a very difficult position to fill. Historically there are not many good left backs, because there are few lefty players to begin with. So when I get a world class player at that position, I'd want to make sure to keep him there. Midfielders on the other, while more expensive are not that hard to find. There are plenty of elite players in that position. We managed to buy two very good ones (Martinez and Thiago) in back to back summers.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed May 13, 2015 5:01 pm

Alaba in my opinion was the biggest lost defensively. He does a great job recovering and tracking back to help eliminate counter attacks. That was really missing when Boa and Benatia were running ragged chasing MSN.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby endrity » Wed May 13, 2015 5:10 pm

^Very true, for all the good work Alaba does on offense I have always though that he is criminally underrated for his defensive contribution. The boy is a wall, rarely does someone get past him.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby Nihilism » Wed May 13, 2015 5:17 pm

Alaba's best quality is dynamism. He has infinite fuel and he's able to help the team in defense, in game building and actually he is also top quality when attacking. He's the perfect LB for us, especially when matched to a great winger like Ribery. Using him in midfield is somewhat a limit to his explosivity, because you reduce his activity range.
Nihilism
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
Italy

Postby Steph » Wed May 13, 2015 5:38 pm

Nihilism wrote:Using him in midfield is somewhat a limit to his explosivity, because you reduce his activity range.

See this is where I disagree. While in midfield he can still drift to help on the left wing during attacks and drop back in defense.
Steph
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion