You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 07, 2015 5:35 pm

Have you seen Felipe ? Robben is a wonderful player but he is 31 and in Jan he'll be a year older...
I opted to put Ivan for the sake to show him as a new player... With that squad there various options... Martinez for Thiago, Thiago for KdB etc etc...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Thu May 07, 2015 7:08 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Have you seen Felipe ?

Besides the brief rumors that were posted here what other indication do we have that Bayern is even looking at this guy? Can he provide more than other players that are currently in the BL and Bayern can get for less money?
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby The Black Cleaver » Thu May 07, 2015 9:41 pm

Felipe is good but Griezmann is a lot better!
The Black Cleaver
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Postby Pittbay » Tue May 12, 2015 10:50 pm

I think this Barca tie perfectly underlined both the problems and promise of the club at the moment. There are quite a lot of older and injury prone players that need to be replaced, as well as issues with the defensive system. I think that, despite his excellent contributions at times this season, Xabi (and maybe even Lahm) should spend most of his (or their) time on the bench next season.

Replacing him with Alaba, Rode, or Javi in the lineup would give the midfield a lot more balance and pace, though a new signing could work as well. We have Thiago and Schweiny to be the distributor and/or general as well so it's not like we wouldn't be able to keep the ball.

There are also some great young fighters and world class players in the team that can take us far in the future and that, if we had taken more of our chances, could've even taken us to Berlin this year. Despite the ugly end of this season, I'm quite excited for the future. =D>

Here's an idea for 2015/16, not accounting for admittedly inevitable departures. Seems crazy to not have Lahm in the starting XI...

Bench and reserves:
Lahm
Götze
Ribery
Rode
*New Striker
*New CM or Javi
*New LW or Bernat
Badstuber
Rafinha
Alonso
Dante
Gaudino
Højbjerg
Kurt
Kirchoff
Pizarro
Reina
Starke
Pittbay
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 13, 2015 12:45 am

So we could say that the season is over now, we just have one celebration left in a couple of games. Some of you have probably noticed that I've been less active over the past few months, I have been very busy and it reflected in my real life attitude to football as well. I admit I haven't followed the team as closely as usual this season, although I've watched most games, but for example I have almost no idea what players we've been linked to or what our players have been up to other than what happens in-game. Which makes me even more curious about what your answers to my question will be: what do you think should be the direction Bayern takes? With Pep or without him, your choice.

Firstly, I think we should extend Pep's contract. I agree with those of you who said it's either he extends and stays for a long time, rebuilding the team, or he leaves now. I am pro-Pep, so I prefer the former option.

In terms of squad and tactics, I see two options:
1) Invest in 1-2 great wingers, keep more or less the same style we are doing right now, while also allowing the possibility to play counter-attacking football very well.
2) Change our style and move away from the Robbery phase.

I am unsure which would be better tbh. It seems to me that we've started crossing the ball a lot more with Guardiola as coach and I don't think that's the best use we can get out of Robbery or similar players. On the other hand, we know Guardiola's strength is passing. With the wings getting old, if we want a change now's the time to do it.

I think we should focus more through the middle. I'm in favour of keeping a possession/passing game but one that is more direct. Very quick one touch passing, perfect positioning and precise through passes. No passing around the box and throwing in random crosses.

If we want to do this, we need a second Thiago. No idea who that might be but I think it's very wise to get a player like him even if we keep our current style, because he is crucial and we need a proper backup.

Now to complement this playing through the middle style, I think our wingers should play further in. They need to be capable of running by the touchline and throwing in crosses or whatever if the need arises, but their primary position should be closer to the rest I think. It'll benefit pressing and shooting. They need to have excellent long shots, be good dribblers, and great passers. Robben would shine in this role. Muller might be a good fit with his unpredictable factor.

Our fullbacks need to be fast, good crossers, and good in offence. Bernat is great, Rafinha is doing well. With more players in the middle, we should make use of crosses, but it shouldn't be what we always do.

We need a fast central midfielder for sure. Don't think Schweini is the man unfortunately, but we have to be tactically flexible so we need him. Same with Alonso, though I guess Alonso could back up Thiago and Thiago #2.

I'm undecided on 3 vs 4 CBs but I think 4 fits this style better, since we need 3 midfielders, 2 inner wingers and 1 striker. But I also think we should consider playing with 2 strikers at times.

I won't try coming up with a formation for this. There are many alternatives. But I think we should buy players along these lines. So:
A fast, world class central midfielder.
A player who resembles Thiago.
Possibly a full back.
Attacking midfield/winger hybrids. Players like Robben.

Come to think of it, the Thiago or the winger roles could very well belong to Gotze if he shines.

Dunno if this post makes any sense. :lol:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby pyrasur » Wed May 13, 2015 1:50 am

The squad just looks so unbalanced, we were so dependent on Robben and Ribery. I just think the team needs to be more willing to take a look at the opposition and adapt an approach. I thought this was the approach Guardiola was working toward when we played Manchester City, played Alaba deep as part of a back three and then shifted him to midfield as we started to dominate possession and their attacks became less of a worry. Just more unpredictability in terms of our aggressiveness. And, like RedQueen says, maybe less stubbornness ignoring the basic things thinking we have bigger fish to fry.

I think faith in possession is the way to go, that having more of the ball means will always make us more LIKELY (not certain) to win. I hate the long ball game, but I think being unpredictable, having faith in the players to try and create something 2v2, will create more uncertainty in the opposition so that our possession game will be more effective. I know we've utilized counterattacks under Guardiola, and especially in the last game Bayern looked willing to take risks, but we need to be willing to do it more often.

As for personnel, the main challenge is how Bayern approach the older players and try to remove the dependence on them while letting them know we value their presence as experienced leaders. I see Alaba partnering Thiago as future foundation of the midfield (praying Thiago extends). I hope Rode's got it in him to be a viable option there, or Goetze, but if the board doesn't have faith in those two they need to make a decision this summer. It would be nice if Hojbjerg could establish himself here as well, and take over from Alonso and Schweinsteiger. As for the wings, I think we are already starting to see that we may not see wingers as wide as Robben and Ribery. Müller and Götze already like to play central, and looking out I don't see too many world-class wingers, I see a lot of central players that can play wide.

This summer is gonna be a challenge, but with some work, without the distraction of the world cup, I think the club can do what it takes to get the team right heading into next season. A clear coach, a clear direction and fit players. Then God willing Lahm, Schweinsteiger, and the other older players can cap their careers with one more Champions League title. We have the best team, the best philosophy and the best fans. If Guardiola doesn't get it done next season it'll be unfortunate but three years not making it to the final would be too much.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Steph » Wed May 13, 2015 2:24 am

I've always thought that we've needed people to play far on the left and right, as most good teams have players for those positions, but I've seen Müller and Lewandowski combine to do some awesome stuff. I also would like to see Götze get more playing time and become one of the main parts of our squad. So I've been thinking about how we can do all of this while also having players on the left and right and 4-1-4-1 keeps coming to mind.

We could do something like this.

-------------------Lewandowski--------------------
-----winger--------Götze---Müller----Robben/winger---------
--------------------Javi/Alaba/DM--------------------------

or something like this

-----------------------Lewandowski---------------------------
--Götze------------Thiago----Müller-----Robben/winger----------
---------------------Javi/Alaba/DM------------------------------

I've thought about a 2 striker formation, maybe a diamond midfield with a CAM, LM, RM, and CDM, but I don't know if that would really work well. Maybe one of the two things I posted above but with Müller on the right and a CM that we bring in as one of the more central midfielders.

I'm not really sure though, that might be a bit attack minded to work against the best teams.
Maybe a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 with a CAM.

This maybe?

----------------------Lewandowski---------------------
--Winger----------------Götze----------Robben/Müller-----
----------Javi/Thiago/DM------Alaba/Thiago/DM--------
Last edited by Steph on Wed May 13, 2015 2:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
Steph
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed May 13, 2015 2:35 am

Steph wrote:I've always thought that we've needed people to play far on the left and right, as most good teams have players for those positions, but I've seen Müller and Lewandowski combine to do some awesome stuff. I also would like to see Götze get more playing time and become one of the main parts of our squad. So I've been thinking about how we can do all of this while also having players on the left and right and 4-1-4-1 keeps coming to mind.

We could do something like this.

-------------------Lewandowski--------------------
-----winger--------Götze---Müller----Robben/winger---------
-----------------------Javi/DM-----------------------------

or something like this

-----------------------Lewandowski---------------------------
--Götze-------Thiago------Müller-----Robben/winger----------
------------------------Javi/DM---------------------------------

I've thought about a 2 striker formation, maybe a diamond midfield with a CAM, LM, RM, and CDM, but I don't know if that would really work well. Maybe one of the two things I posted above but with Müller on the right and a CM that we bring in as cone of the more central midfielders.

I'm not really sure though, that might be a bit attack minded to work against the best teams.
Maybe a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 with a CAM.

This maybe?

-------------------Lewandowski---------------------
--Winger------------Götze-------Robben/Müller-----
-------------Javi/DM--------Thiago/DM-----------

If we could only field a 3-4-4 !!!

Maybe: Lewy+Müller(Robben)+Götze(Ribery) playing as a central but fluid front three (all of them can drift to the wings excellently if required by the circumstances), a central midfield of Thiago+DM(maybe Alaba), two wingbacks with perfect reading of the game (Alaba, Bernat and Lahm) and a back three of two CD and a DM/CD libero.

I actually wrote a few months ago that maybe the answer to the post robbery world is not to get new wingers, but to play more centrally. I stand by that, but requires a whole new tactical approach.
Last edited by PunkCapitalist on Wed May 13, 2015 2:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby pyrasur » Wed May 13, 2015 2:37 am

:-k 3-4-4...?
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed May 13, 2015 2:42 am

pyrasur wrote::-k 3-4-4...?

Ribsy-Lewy-Mueller-Robben
Alaba-Thiago-Schweini-Lahm
--Badstu-Javi-Boa---
-----------Neuer

My dream formation
PunkCapitalist

Postby pyrasur » Wed May 13, 2015 2:46 am

:lol: I get it.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Steph » Wed May 13, 2015 2:50 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Maybe: Lewy+Müller(Robben)+Götze(Ribery) playing as a central but fluid front three (all of them can drift to the wings excellently if required by the circumstances), a central midfield of Thiago+DM(maybe Alaba), two wingbacks with perfect reading of the game (Alaba, Bernat and Lahm) and a back three of two CD and a DM/CD libero.

I actually wrote a few months ago that maybe the answer to the post robbery world is not to get new wingers, but to play more centrally. I stand by that, but requires a whole new tactical approach.

I really like the idea for the front 3 with Lewandowski, Götze, and Müller but I'm not sure what I think of three at the back. Maybe if Alaba made sure to come back fast on defense and sort of help shift the team to 4 defenders it would work. I'm just not sure that three at the back can ever work against our toughest opponents though.

Maybe a 4-3-3 with Lewandowski, Götze, and Müller leading the attack, Alaba, Javi, and Thiago in midfield, and Bernat, Boateng, Benatia, and Lahm in defense. On top of that we would have lots of players who could be subbed on, maybe we could play Lahm in midfield and Rafinha and maybe a new signing could take turns playing right back, but I really think Javi, Alaba, and Thiago can all be great in midfield.
Last edited by Steph on Wed May 13, 2015 3:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Steph
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed May 13, 2015 2:59 am

Steph wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:

I really like the idea for the front 3 with Lewandowski, Götze, and Müller but I'm not sure what I think of three at the back. Maybe if Alaba made sure to come back fast on defense and sort of help shift the team to 4 defenders it would work. I'm just not sure that three at the back can ever work against our toughest opponents though.

I think 3 at the back would work, it's just that we never had our full defense fit at the same time to give it a proper try. When we did it, it was always with some kind of makeshift solution like Alaba as LCD (which was actually brilliant), Rafinha as LCD or RCD (awful IMO) or Dante... It was never Badstu-Javi-Boa or Boa-Javi-Benatia. The wingbacks supporting the defense would have to happen too or a midfielder joining in defense when necessary.
PunkCapitalist

Postby Steph » Wed May 13, 2015 3:02 am

I just edited that post about the front 3 and 3 at the back and I want to make sure you see my 4-3-3 idea.
Steph
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby RAJBAYERN » Wed May 13, 2015 4:37 am

For.me the back 3 means the most backward players during bayern attack, but is a line of 4, adding the fullbacks plus a defensive midfielder when the team defend.

Its a real dynamic lineup, at the same time not change too much from our other past formation.

But in this series, we were really line of 3 because fullbacks act as wingers because the absent of robbery.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion