You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Postby tflags » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:09 pm

Is Bayern going striker-less? Shall Guardiola adjust his tactics in favour of a true 9 strategy having at his disposal arguably the best wingers/playmakers on the industry? Will we continue and further perfect Heyncke's newfound love for Gegenpressing and reinforce it with a second playmaker with false 9 qualities?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: True or False: The future 9 question

Postby quaazi » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:26 pm

True or False: The future 9 question

As for the striker issue... well, to be honest, Gomez has worked wonders on his pressing game, that alone might be enough for him to get enough games to impress Pep. His scoring record... not as much. And can't underestimate the hombre factor either if you catch my drift... Then there's Mandzukic, who is a fair bit more versatile than Gomez; if Guardiola can somehow tweak Mandzukic's brain, wouldn't be surprised at him succeeding either.

But A front three of Ribery-Müller-Shaqiri is still the one thing I am looking forward to most under Guardiola. It better happen dammit!
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MoFattal » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:16 pm

Like I said before, I don't see Guardiola switching to a false nine striker early in his Bayern tenure. I'm confident that he'll keep adopting the 4-2-3-1 for the majority of his first season as that's the main strategy our players are used to. Having players like Gomez and Mandzukic on the roster scoring goals on a continuous basis will not be something easy to ignore. No matter how they improve their pressing and passing game, they're still no false-niners.

The 3rd striker is where I see Guardiola trying something different. Rather than renewing with Pizarro or getting someone similar, I see Pep going for a false-nine type of striker similar to Suarez whom he can use to try and integrate his own philosophies into the team.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby lau03143 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:35 pm

I don't think he'll change as I'm not sure we have the players for it. Our players have other qualities. Heck, it pretty much took Barca three years to adapt their game to that, so I really don't see it happening here. To be honest, I don't want to see it here either.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Chalant » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:16 pm

I do think that Pep is unlikely to introduce a false nine. We won't make any big signings after Martinez for at least the next season, and at present Robben is the best person to serve as a false nine (Muller is too wasteful for that). I have heard that Guardiola has a problem with personalities like that, so he may be sold too.

PS:- Messi was(and is) an excellent 'nine' at Barcelona, hes more clinical than some actual nines.
Emre CAN do it.
Chalant
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MoFattal » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:19 pm

Chalant wrote: Robben is the best person to serve as a false nine (Muller is too wasteful for that).

I think that it is quite the opposite nowadays, but yeah, Robben would make a good false nine. I don't see it happening, though.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby RAJBAYERN » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:07 pm

I still thinking that bayern players have other characteristic from barcelona, in bayern always attacks on the corners with the wingers and attacking in that way, should be necessary to have a permanent player in the penalty area.

Also the most important here is the result of your game, we all know how capable is Gomez when is fit, one of the best striker scoring and change him for a false 9 is a risk, can play nicely but doesn´t promise more goals than Gomez, so for me is a nonsense to think about other striker.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby AdepT » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:17 pm

Too early but now that we know who's gonna be our coach next season, I thought I'd start this thread seeing how we're discussing who would play where in what formation.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:36 pm

I believe that Pep will be forming his tactics and deciding his transfers by observing the team in the coming months rather than by a pre-conceived idea. At this point all we can do is speculate based on what he did with Barca but in the coming weeks we'll be getting a better idea of what he'll change, who will stay and who will leave.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby StrikingMidfield » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:49 pm

MoFattal wrote:Like I said before, I don't see Guardiola switching to a false nine striker early in his Bayern tenure. I'm confident that he'll keep adopting the 4-2-3-1 for the majority of his first season as that's the main strategy our players are used to. Having players like Gomez and Mandzukic on the roster scoring goals on a continuous basis will not be something easy to ignore. No matter how they improve their pressing and passing game, they're still no false-niners.

The 3rd striker is where I see Guardiola trying something different. Rather than renewing with Pizarro or getting someone similar, I see Pep going for a false-nine type of striker similar to Suarez whom he can use to try and integrate his own philosophies into the team.

I agree that he probably won't be making major changes this season. Starting into the final 16 of the champions league and starting the 2nd half of the Bundesliga is not when major changes are to be made.

Still, seeing Pepe switch a few things up would be nice, just don't overwhelm the players by changing things to much [-X
StrikingMidfield
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:52 pm

Could someone merge the thread "False 9 True or False" with this one i hate to have to separate conversations on the same topic.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby ander_ct » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:26 am

Well, it's unavoidable to talk about the new process the team will have with Pep in charge, a game slower, based in patience and ball possesion as all we know, but the question to do is: Will he take the 4-2-3-1 or he'll change it immediately fot the 4-3-3 ?

Players like Robben would have to learn (something tedious for his age) passing frecuently the ball, or Gomez would have to be more delayed in the camp for losing the reference of the typical 9...

I dont think Pep adjust his ideas to the team but the team have to do it... Obviously hell take some players he like for his proyect but if we think in a base he will found, for me it's the next team:

......................Neuer........

Lahm........Dante....Boateng....Alaba

.....................Javi...............

..............Kroos.......Bastian.......

Robben (not sure)....Gomez.....Ribery
IN BAYERN WE TRUST
ander_ct
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Columbia

Postby AdepT » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:52 am

How about this? All we've been speculating that the mide line would comprise of Schweini/Marti/Kroos or Gusta. How about fitting in Shaqiri? :-k

'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby quaazi » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:53 am

It's a lot more likely to have Shaqiri and Kroos switched around in that formation.

Christ, I am giddy with excitement about what Pep could do to Kroos, Müller, Schweini, Martinez, Alaba, Holger, Shaqiri... all those players seem like the perfect type for him to build his gameplan around.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tflags » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:38 pm

I am more worried about our full backs. We know he loves (rumoredly) Alaba, I am just worried about Lahm being the new Alves. There shouldn't be reasons to, right?

Also, please do not integrate the two threads. I think the False/True 9 thread is specific to that topic and purely speculative whereas this one is/should be suggestions on this season's/gameday formation; any part of it. Thks.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Next

Return to General Bayern Discussion