You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2013/14:Who improves? Who fades?

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

2013/14:Who improves? Who fades?

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:51 am

I saw a thread like this and it seemed like a great idea and i was amused by how all the predictions ppl made of last season panned out so im gonna try it here to see how it works since Bayern has a new coach and i hope to maybe have the moderators pin this and maybe make it a yearly thing we do and make new predictions for every new season. Dont be afraid to be honest when your making a prediction on who "fades" it doesnt mean you want them to play bad :P

So to get to the important part, who do you see improving or having a successful season on Bayern Munich and who do you see lagging behind.

The player i see improving is Kroos, in my opinion he is exactly Pep's type of player. I think this is going to be a major factor of Kroos' career cause it may decide whether he stays as an AM or has to share time with Schweinsitger as CM and eventually be his successor. With the addition of Gotze the #10 spot will be a highly competitive position. Personally i think he may stay as an AM cause it looks like Pep is grooming Hojbjerg to succeed Schwein....
Notables: Muller, Hojbjerg, Gotze and Shaqiri

A player(s) i see fading are Robbery, before you stop reading from disgust hear me out. I feel like Pep will do his best to intergrate as many promising youngsters as possible and his actions at Barca have shown he isnt afraid to do so. Im not saying he is going to try and sell or force them out but i wont be suprised if you start seeing Robbery on the bench than in the starting XI......
Notables: Mandzukic and DvB
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2013/14:Who improves? Who fades?

Postby Aequitas1987 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:54 am

Yeah this is a very interesting thread. Our team is stacked with so much potential that its hard to predict but there is one thing I am certain of that there will be two players that will continue to improve and are a big part of Pep's plans, in fact I would say that they are guaranteed starters and no I am not talking about Lahm and Schweinsteiger.

Continue to Improve : Alaba and Muller Barring any injuries to either of them, I think Guardiola is a big big fan of Muller and Muller will be key to his plans. Alaba is a world - beater, his versatility, his explosiveness, his technique are in my opinion unparalleled. People always say Gotze, Ribery, Robben, Lahm, Schweinsteiger is the next Ballon D' Or winner from Bayern, in my opinion its Alaba. Its just more difficult for a full-back to win this award but I think there is no limit to his real potential. I think this year he will finally start showing that he is on par if not better than all the best full-backs that Bayern has had over the ages (Lahm, Breitner, Sagnol etc).

Continue to Fade : Manduzukic and Robben Its a shame to say this but with Pep's reliance on Gotze and Muller, unless Manduzukic and Robben come out of the gate firing on all cylinders (take advantage of Kroos and Gotze still rusty from injury) that both these players will be casualties of Pep's era. I hope its not such a big deal for Robben because he still did spend a majority of his time on the bench last season but its a big blow for Manduzukic who had such an expectational debut season.

Breakout Stars : Shaqiri and Kirchhoff This is just me hoping but I absolutely love Shaqiri and I really hope that the Gotze transfer does not hurt his development. I still think this upcoming season is too early for him to cement a starting 11 spot but I am hoping that he continues to get super substitute roles in the Bundesliga and in the Champions league and continue to stack up impressive statistics. I see him being our eventual Ribery replacement. Badstuber is very very unlucky with his injury because I have a feeling that Jan will take his starting CB spot alongside Dante if he is given opportunity to do so.

If Shaqiri continues to get the necessary playtime I think in Pep's 2nd season our attacking four might just be this

---------Muller--------
Shaqiri--Kroos--Gotze

You might argue that it is a very short attacking midfield which it is but with Dante, Kirchoff, Martinez, Schweinsteiger AND Muller on the receiving end of accurate long balls from Shaqiri, Kroos and Gotze we will be solid in the air. Not to mention the insane strength we would have with long shot goals from outside the box with those three as well as corner delivery / free kicks.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby quaazi » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:15 am

Regarding Kroos, I am not completely convinced he'll be an automatic success. Tactically, you'd think so, but I still fear for his Jupp-dependancy. Keep in mind that he's only had successful, consistent seasons under that man. We might see something similar that we saw with Müller's first season without van Gaal, maybe even in a worse way (we've all had those thoughts about Kroos' mentality from time to time, you know it).
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:18 am

I agree completely with Aequitas but I think that Kroos could be a casualty as well instead of any one of Robben, Mandzukic or Ribery (if Shaqiri gets his starting spot). This is especially so if the Lewandowski transfer happens.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Badger » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:12 pm

Interesting thread. ;-)

Here are my main expectations and the factors behind my thinking.

It is very hard to decouple improve/fade from the amount of playing time the player gets. Hence, in my jottings below, I’ve sometimes included “crowded out”, which means I think the player might not really have faded, but it looks like it because he gets too little playing time.

Neuer – can hardly improve, so just hoping for more of the same.
Starke – lack of competitive practice will take its toll, and he’ll fade slightly.
Lahm – as consistent as ever, and can hardly improve.
Rafinha – crowded out
Boateng – has his concentration problems sorted, and will improve slightly from another year’s experience, becoming a world class CB.
Kirchoff – will be hugely motivated and will break into the team, improving significantly in the Bayern environment beyond his Mainz years.
Dante – had a few wobbly moments at the end of last season and must demonstrate that they are exceptions, otherwise will fade slightly and will not be a definite starter.
Badstuber – won’t play
Van Buyten – crowded out
Alaba – improve, if he recognises that his defending lags slightly behind his attack, and moves to address it.
Contento – crowded out
Martinez – as consistent as last season, and can hardly improve, but can’t afford to fade since Gustavo will be mounting a huge challenge for the place.
Gustavo – will improve his all-round game slightly, and will play with huge motivation.
Schweinsteiger – will struggle to maintain his standards, because many managers will have noted that a lot of Bayern’s game flows through him and will direct more pressing towards him.
Kroos – improve, because he is motivated to retain his place in the starting line, and technically has a few more tricks in his bag, like dribbling and close play, that Pep’s tactics may require.
Goetze – fade first, improve later, because injury and settling in to a different team/system will delay things, and expectations are unreasonably high, but class will shine through in the latter half of the season.
Robben – don’t know, but think he’ll have a huge challenge for his starting place from Mueller, the long-term preference, and agree that this could well be his last year at Bayern.
Mueller – will improve slightly, for reasons discussed above.
Ribery – can’t improve, and the same as last season will suffice, but may appear to fade if he plays in another role that doesn’t really suit him.
Shaqiri – may be crowded out
Mandzukic – appear to improve, as people grasp better what he does for the team.
Gomez – unlikely to have a major role, even if he doesn’t leave.
Pizarro – will continue to amaze because, as demonstrated last season, the old skill is still there and he only needs a few games to keep it sharp, so will seem to hold his standard.
Hojbjerg - will improve significantly with careful introduction to more first team football
Can - fade - will continue to be too inconsistent and will determine his Bayern future (or lack thereof) this season
Others - don't know.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby MoFattal » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:12 pm

Well I tried doing a list, but I just couldn't :P
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:45 pm

I don't know but i see Can fading, he seems determined to get into Bayern's first team and i feel that may be his undoing....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby AdepT » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:02 am

Firefox1234 wrote:I don't know but i see Can fading, he seems determined to get into Bayern's first team and i feel that may be his undoing....

Dude hasn't even started to shine yet and how can you judge that he'll fade? :?
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:05 am

AdepT wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:I don't know but i see Can fading, he seems determined to get into Bayern's first team and i feel that may be his undoing....

I feel like Hojbjerg has kinda replaced him as Bayern next big thing and with Gustavo finding himself recently i dont see how he beats even gets any beneficial playing time...

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby jaybayern » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:48 am

Firefox1234 wrote:
AdepT wrote:

I feel like Hojbjerg has kinda replaced him as Bayern next big thing and with Gustavo finding himself recently i dont see how he beats even gets any beneficial playing time...

thats actually a great phone...neva thought of that....
BAYERN TILL THE DEATH OF ME
jaybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby JJJ » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:49 am

Firefox1234 wrote:
AdepT wrote:

Hojbjerg and Can are different players. Hojbjerg is more of Schweini, Kroos, but Can's like Gustavo, Martinez.
Kraft
Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Contento
Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can
Schöpf, Müller, Alaba

JJJ
I post all the time

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:30 am

JJJ wrote:Hojbjerg and Can are different players. Hojbjerg is more of Schweini, Kroos, but Can's like Gustavo, Martinez

Yeah from what I've seen I agree. The problem is that breaking into our midfield is already hard, it's highly unlikely that both of them manage it. Bayern is also in need of a player like Schweini more than a player like Martinez, and Hojbjerg is also younger, so I agree that he has replaced Can as Bayern's most promising talent.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AssemFCB » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:52 pm

The way things are going, the only thing I expect to fade even more is that Bayern logo.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby AdepT » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:05 am

That's kinda abstract art my friend. :P
It's beautiful.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:32 pm

Anyone want to make some new predictions? :D

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Next

Return to General Bayern Discussion