You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2013/14:Who improves? Who fades?

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2013/14:Who improves? Who fades?

Postby Achilles » Sun May 25, 2014 8:12 pm

Schweinsteiger played some magic under Heynckes as deep-lying-midfielder-pirlo-style. To be honest I don't see any reason if he is 100% not to start,he provides everything that a CM has to do and I can hardly see disavantages when he is on the field,the epitome of the all around midfielder.
Yes he could be more agile and quick,yes he could score 10-13 goals a season but overall he provides to any stats.
Personally I love the box-to-box Schweinsteger of 2010 both Germany and LvG but injuries are there and Pep doesn't use this kind of midfielders.

After this season and particularly after the winterpause because before this he was the classic bullet,Ribery seems to fade and with that kind of quality and competition if he doesn't perform as always I can see Pep making him a super sub unfortunately... Don't get me wrong but there 2 kind of flops in a game,the one is that doesn't affect too much your game for example Benzema yesterday and the other one that affects the team way too much like Ribery's performances for example or Schweinsteiger's under Heynckes,Ribery's bad form was dragging our offensive power down,an in-form Ribery is our ultimate weapon because he provides both offense(many assists,many dribbles,scores and makes something out of nothing) both defensively helping Alaba,I really hope that Ribery can make some good performances at the World Cup and come back to Bayern to his best,I'm a huge fan of him.

Gotze definetely has to improve,I know he has some injury problems,he made some fantasic games and goals but he was the Mr.Inconsistent,I repeatedly said that I see Gotze as the best German talent who came to Bayern to provide and make us better not like "just another super talent" I'm eager to see his old times at BVB past 2-3 defenders,playing some magic assists and scoring what I had in my mind when we signed was something like Hazard at Chelsea,I'm not satisfied with his debut season but I can understand him from being the star player to BVB becoming just another quality player at Bayern,it's not the same and the pressure is high but I'll be cruel for the next season,I hope no injuries to him and good health.

Lewandowski,well considering his style personally I think he is the perfect striker for Bayern and with that in my mind plus he is not participating at World Cup meaning he will be very fresh and hungry plus the Mandzukic possible departure I'm expecting that Lewa will be a plug-and-play striker for us,both feets working good,technique that we as fans we have to go back to Elber's and Makaay's times,finishing world class,good headers,perfect physique,special work rate and he help at the wings with his passes,so I'm expecting from Lewandowski a world class year from the start and 30 goals,am I asking too much? I don't think so.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to General Bayern Discussion