You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2013/14:Who improves? Who fades?

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2013/14:Who improves? Who fades?

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:41 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Anyone want to make some new predictions? :D

Maybe Martinez now... :(
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:06 pm

Knowing the consequences of my post but i shall make it anyways. In my opinion if Thiago proves himself to be an world class capable of being the best in Europe i can see Schweinstiger coming of the bench. I do not think it will happen this season but when it does it will not be Kroos like most people say i think it will be Schweinstiger. I think Pep sees Kroos and Thiago as the future and i dont think it will be worth hindering Kroos' development just to play Schweinstiger who has probably hit his peak. I know the thought of Schweinstiger fading is blasphemy but i dont think he can play as a lone #6, he only performs well when he plays next to a #6 not as one. So he will be competing with Thiago and Kroos for those two #8 positions in his 4-1-4-1 and i dont know how long he can hold on since father time is not on his side....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:40 pm

But Schweinsteiger IS at his peak. You don't spend years nurturing talents just to bench them when they're at their best. In 2 or 3 years, maybe, because Schweini will probably be getting worse.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:47 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:But Schweinsteiger IS at his peak. You don't spend years nurturing talents just to bench them when they're at their best. In 2 or 3 years, maybe, because Schweini will probably be getting worse.

Maybe i forgot to say that I dont expect it to happen right away :oops: :oops:

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:50 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:But Schweinsteiger IS at his peak. You don't spend years nurturing talents just to bench them when they're at their best. In 2 or 3 years, maybe, because Schweini will probably be getting worse.

I got that but the Thiago's transfer is happening now, not next summer or the one after. How long is he going to wait?
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:04 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:

I got that but the Thiago's transfer is happening now, not next summer or the one after. How long is he going to wait?

I cant really say because we are yet to see Thiago play, but i see this situation with Schweinstiger/Thiago a lot similar to the one with Busquets/Yaya Toure personally. Pep has never been afraid to tango anyone in the locker room at Barcelona so i wont be surprised if something happens.

Some people may also ask "what if Schweinstiger proves that he can play as the lone #6 so everyone can play at the same time?". That is also a possibility but that would mean Martinez would most likely play as a CB and displace Boateng in the starting line up. With Boateng's contract set to expire in 2015 i would not be surprised if he doesnt extend since he will be looking for playing time so he can start on the German NT and the likes of Kirchhoff would be further down the pecking order. So you are left with a hard decision do you sell a young promising German NT CB who may have 8-10 years of world class play or keep a world class aging midfielder for another 3 to 4 years?....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Aequitas1987 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:14 am

I do not think Schweinsteiger or Kroos will be the ones to suffer with Thiago's arrival, its going to be Robben and Ribery. I think Thiagos arrival is basically a clever move by Pep to pressure our existing mid-fielders to adapt to his new system of playing. Basically if our current crop of midfields are unable to adapt to Peps system of passing and pressing they now know they have Thiago right over their shoulder ready to step in and fit into Pep's system without a second thought.

I feel like the majority of the german midfielders will be OK with Peps system, I think Robben and Ribery being such direct wingers will suffer the most. Maybe the move from Robbery to Shaqiri/Gotze will come a year earlier than we expected.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby quaazi » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:05 pm

Please no one mention the Shaqinator in this thread. :(
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby jaybayern » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:41 pm

Aequitas1987 wrote:I do not think Schweinsteiger or Kroos will be the ones to suffer with Thiago's arrival, its going to be Robben and Ribery. I think Thiagos arrival is basically a clever move by Pep to pressure our existing mid-fielders to adapt to his new system of playing. Basically if our current crop of midfields are unable to adapt to Peps system of passing and pressing they now know they have Thiago right over their shoulder ready to step in and fit into Pep's system without a second thought.

I feel like the majority of the german midfielders will be OK with Peps system, I think Robben and Ribery being such direct wingers will suffer the most. Maybe the move from Robbery to Shaqiri/Gotze will come a year earlier than we expected.

the only problem with the shaqiri/gotze idea is that mueller is on the wing an no one mess with mueller
BAYERN TILL THE DEATH OF ME
jaybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby Aequitas1987 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:43 am

Well I am assuming Muller is going to be our false 9 and not Gotze
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby jaybayern » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:06 am

Well it seem secreatly that all or most bayern fan think mario manduzkic will bench this season because i think the only striker that will give the false nine movement a run for its money is lewandoski......
BAYERN TILL THE DEATH OF ME
jaybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon May 05, 2014 5:55 am

Firefox1234 wrote:I saw a thread like this and it seemed like a great idea and i was amused by how all the predictions ppl made of last season panned out so im gonna try it here to see how it works since Bayern has a new coach and i hope to maybe have the moderators pin this and maybe make it a yearly thing we do and make new predictions for every new season. Dont be afraid to be honest when your making a prediction on who "fades" it doesnt mean you want them to play bad :P

So to get to the important part, who do you see improving or having a successful season on Bayern Munich and who do you see lagging behind.

The player i see improving is Kroos, in my opinion he is exactly Pep's type of player. I think this is going to be a major factor of Kroos' career cause it may decide whether he stays as an AM or has to share time with Schweinsitger as CM and eventually be his successor. With the addition of Gotze the #10 spot will be a highly competitive position. Personally i think he may stay as an AM cause it looks like Pep is grooming Hojbjerg to succeed Schwein....
Notables: Muller, Hojbjerg, Gotze and Shaqiri

A player(s) i see fading are Robbery, before you stop reading from disgust hear me out. I feel like Pep will do his best to intergrate as many promising youngsters as possible and his actions at Barca have shown he isnt afraid to do so. Im not saying he is going to try and sell or force them out but i wont be suprised if you start seeing Robbery on the bench than in the starting XI......
Notables: Mandzukic and DvB

I thought it was about time to bring this back, i guess i was half right on Robbery but wrong on Shaqiri :P

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Aequitas1987 » Mon May 05, 2014 6:24 am

I was wrong about Robben, I think a lot of us were. He seems undroppable under Pep.

Sort of right about Mandzu.

I think Shaqiri was just really unlucky this season with injuries because the games he played for the most part he did well. I think though that this was his season to breakthrough, I dont know if he will get another year. I hope he does because I really want him to succeed at Bayern.

Want to talk about next season? :P
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon May 05, 2014 10:19 am

Thiago surprised us all too. :)

For next season I'm more curious about who stays/leaves. For the ones definitely staying, I do fear that Ribery will continue to fade.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Aequitas1987 » Mon May 05, 2014 12:13 pm

I am also interested in that Cuadrado rumor, cause if we sign him our midfield gets even more crowded with Lahm basically being a guaranteed starter and then its a given that we will lose at least one of Martinez or Kroos.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion