You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2011/2012 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Postby BayernLove » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:08 pm

Switzerland - Germany springs to mind.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Re: 2011/2012 Tactics & formations thread

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:38 pm

I meant direct free kicks. I don't think Kroos, Schweini, Ribery or Robben have scored a free kick goal in a very long time. We scored a few in the 09/10 season (Robben, Badstuber, Ribery...) but in the last 1-2 years I can only remember Van Buyten scoring a rocket against Leverkusen

BayernLove wrote:Switzerland - Germany springs to mind.

YES. I was thinking the same. They totally fooled our defense =D>

Or this one =P~

I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby quaazi » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:49 am

In fact there have been only two memorable free kicks going forward - one where he scored, and the other where he literally destroyed the ball.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MoFattal » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:22 am

Payam wrote:
MoFattal wrote:Yeah, when we get a set piece, it's automatically accounted as a wasted chance in my books!

It's not only that we don't score, we also do not make it an attempt on target :evil:

Aren't we the team that indirectly scored most goals from set pieces in the bundesliga?

I have no clue, but I personally wouldn't believe it even if it was sourced :D
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby BMpenang » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:20 pm

4-4-2 is the way to go with the player's in hand now,We won't be going anywhere with our old system.

Neuer
lahm-boateng/dante-badstuber/dante-alaba
Robben-schweinsteiger-shaqiri-ribery.......kroos&muller for super sub
mandzukic-gomez......pizza for super sub

And we need to work on our set piece as well,It has been poor for a long time.
BMpenang
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby medjahedm » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:53 pm

BMpenang wrote:4-4-2 is the way to go with the player's in hand now,

In my opinion the 4-4-2 is an outdated system that doesnt really suit our players at all. The only players it might benefit would be our strikers, as they become basically the sole outlet for goals. Additionally, it doesnt really suit our use of inverted wingers because Robben cant cross with his right foot to save his life, and Ribery's left footed crosses are no more than average. The 4-4-2 also gives less attacking responsibility to the fullbacks than our current 4-2-3-1, so the attacking talents of Lahm and Alaba would be wasted. And IIm pretty sure Shaqiri has never really played play CM (but i may be wrong about that).

I do agree that we need to work on our set pieces, and I also agree that we need to change our system. Ive said this before, but a fluid 4-3-3 would be much better for us than the current 4-2-3-1.
medjahedm
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BMpenang » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:17 pm

medjahedm wrote:
BMpenang wrote:4-4-2 is the way to go with the player's in hand now,

In my opinion the 4-4-2 is an outdated system that doesnt really suit our players at all. The only players it might benefit would be our strikers, as they become basically the sole outlet for goals. Additionally, it doesnt really suit our use of inverted wingers because Robben cant cross with his right foot to save his life, and Ribery's left footed crosses are no more than average. The 4-4-2 also gives less attacking responsibility to the fullbacks than our current 4-2-3-1, so the attacking talents of Lahm and Alaba would be wasted. And IIm pretty sure Shaqiri has never really played play CM (but i may be wrong about that).

I do agree that we need to work on our set pieces, and I also agree that we need to change our system. Ive said this before, but a fluid 4-3-3 would be much better for us than the current 4-2-3-1.

You are right in a way but as much outdated as 4-4-2 is that is still the basic.I can see that being more effective for our team with the new buy's now and that is why i highlighted that system.We have struggled a lot last 2 season using 4-2-3-1 to break down teams when the match goes longer without scoring and as i can see even with a 4--4-2 would still be the same for the fullbacks.They still can attack on the flanks if the defensive midfields drops back when they do go on a attack.I actually like 3-5-2 much better but can our defense be that good if playing this system and can the defensive midfielders drops back as quite often if this is used is another question.4-3-3 suits a team with full skills,flair and holds the ball well but are our team that good?Our defense crumbles when put under pressure and i hope dante starts ahead of one regular defense or maybe alaba will be moved back to midfield to accomadate him.
BMpenang
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:52 pm

Th problem with Bayern's 4-2-3-1 is that they dont have a true AMC, Kroos is to slow he doesnt pressure defenses and Muller always like drifting right so he doesnt attack the middle, until Bayern find a better AMC i think stuff like that will continue to happen
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:26 pm

The only two striker formation which really fits our current team is the 4-1-3-2. It's too offensive though. We might see it if we ever need a goal though.

EDIT: We do have the players to play the 4-4-2 but I think that it is too unrealistic to bench both Muller and Kroos.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby hgb09 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:54 pm

Why didn't we open a new thread for the new season???????
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:44 pm

I thought I locked this topic. Thanks Element. :)
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to General Bayern Discussion