You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2010/2011 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2010/2011 Tactics & formations thread

Postby sch0ll7 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:15 pm

my ideal XI with players that we are interested in...

........................NEUER.......................

RAFINHA....BOATENG....BADSTUBER.....LAHM

................SCHWEINI....VIDAL................

ROBBEN................MULLER..............RIBERY

.........................GOMEZ.......................

even if our new defense does not work we still have schweini and vidal that are strong tacklers and great at passing. If I was our coach I would go for balanced / counter-attacking tactics.

We have quite fast fullbacks and 2 holding midfielders who know when to launch an counter attack + probably the fastest counter attacking attacking midfield on Earth. With Robben, Muller and Ribery all so fast you cant go wrong with counter attacking.

That way we would make it tight at the back as we wouldnt be positioned that much high up the pitch.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:18 am

I definitely agree with the counterattacking part. We've seen its effectiveness in the NT, why not replicate it here. And our players are very well suited for the job - Lahm, Schweini and Müller all have the experience from the NT, especially useful is Schweini because he still remembers a thing or two from his winger days (2:25 is a good example of him on the counter), so he isn't a clumsy holding midfielder like Carrick (oh it always cracks me up when Carrick is compared to Schweini... hah!). Robbery goes without saying - two unbelievably fast and technical wingers, the interplay between the two is just sex. We also have short and fast FBs now with Rafinha. Pranjic is short, but he's also shit. Contento, despite being very damn fast, doesn't seem to have the skills required for a well-coordinated counterattack just yet, he's more useful when probing the flank when in possession. Gomez is... well, he's constantly improving, so there's that. I'd rather have Olic in a counterattacking system, or even Petersen if he is as good as people say he is... but Gomez has the ability to prove people wrong, so no point in dropping him just yet. Obviously Neuer is THE BEST distributor in the world for a GK, I'm sure he has the highest number of assists for any goalkeeper alive, which is also very good for a counterattacking team (0:27, for example. England game again :D). Badstuber has some noticeable passing skills, and while he is no Lucio in attack, he can find a good enough pass to someone further up the pitch to initiate a counterattack. Our other CB is a questionmark, so we'll come to that when it's time.

Which leaves us with our Schweini partner. Obviously, if Vidal would come, he'd be a great player in a counterattacking team due to his all-around skill. But it's more likely that he won't come to us... yet. Which leaves us with Tymo or Gustavo. Gustavo is definitely NOT a counterattacking player. He's a brilliant defensive player in a faux-Makelele role, though more useful in marking threats than tackling the ball (both are important). In a counterattacking system I'd rather have Tymo, who is very comfortable further up the pitch. Sure, he's not as fast as the other players involved, but he has a great shot from long out and is a lot better at retaining possession should a counterattack fail.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:03 am

sch0ll7 wrote:my ideal XI with players that we are interested in...

........................NEUER.......................

RAFINHA....BOATENG....BADSTUBER.....LAHM

................SCHWEINI....VIDAL................

ROBBEN................MULLER..............RIBERY

.........................GOMEZ.......................

Good one! Not too sure about Badstuber though. I guess we can rotate him, Gustavo and Breno until we'd find the best partner for Boateng.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Zer0 Bayern » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:14 pm

I would like:

......................Neuer.......................

Rafinha.....Boateng.......Alex.....Lahm

..........Schweinsteiger....Gustavo...........

Robben..............Müller..............Ribery

......................Gomez.......................

And we should sign a backup winger, Marin would be a dream =P~

But I think we're gonna see this:

......................Neuer....................

Rafinha.....Gustavo......Friedrich.....Lahm

..........Schweinsteiger....Tymo...........

Which IMO is not bad either.
...................................JaBEAST Martínez...................................
Zer0 Bayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby eliasov » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:51 am

.......................................Neuer
Rafinha(jullich)......Boateng(Breno)..........Lucio(Badstuber)......Lahm(contento)
...............Bastian(pranjic)...........Gustavo(tymo).........................
Robben(marin)...............muller(usami)..............Ribbery(kroos)
..................................Gomez(pittersen)
ImageImage
eliasov
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BayernIsDBest » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:06 pm

......................Neuer....................

Rafinha.....Gustavo......Boateng.....Lahm

..........Schweinsteiger....Vidal...........

Bayern got to fix up there attack
BayernIsDBest
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Dream formation

Postby Conquistador » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:49 pm

Conquistador
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Re: Dream formation

Postby BayernIsDBest » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:29 pm

No robben??
BayernIsDBest
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Conquistador » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:40 pm

Too injury prone and ain't loyal + he isn't German :D:D:D:D:D
Conquistador
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby BayernIsDBest » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:46 pm

He might be injury prone and not German but he has got class and talent.
BayernIsDBest
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Conquistador » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:52 pm

Class no, talent yes.
Conquistador
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby BayernIsDBest » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:00 pm

wat you mean no class. He has class, hes one of the best and would be fought for by many clubs like MAN UTD and Barca and RM, if he was not injury prone. The first season he played for Bayern, he was amazing top class.
BayernIsDBest
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby bayern4l » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:04 pm

he isn't German

Neither is Ribery, neither is Lucio, neither is Gustavo. :mrgreen:

And I would rather put Lucio alongside Boateng than Badstuber. Then put Rafinha on right side, Lahm on left side. Somehow i feel that Boateng/Lucio would be real wall in defence. :D

And you definitly miss Robben in this squad. :D
Manuel Neuer
bayern4l
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby Conquistador » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:10 pm

Neither is Ribery, neither is Lucio, neither is Gustavo. :mrgreen:

Yea I know but things like hitting your teammates all add up to it you know.

And I agree with the Boateng-Lucio combo. I feel Badstuber needs time to develop besides a good and experienced CB like Pique-Puyol.
Conquistador
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby München Minded » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:00 pm

Nothing wrong with smacking around some teamates to get them motivated and spirited :mrgreen: -- it worked though when he did it, right? Our performances toward the end were better than they had. Also Robben has Class, Talent, Balls, and Brains -- him and Ribéry pair well, injured or not I believe he is vital to the team. No need to go all Dutch hating, except for if you want to beat up on LvG then I will join you -- that whole Dutch Delite thing is more like Dutch Shite for him.

As for German versus not, as long as we have a good core number of Germans, but seriously Badstuber kind of sucked last season -- not sure if I trust him fully yet now.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion