You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2009/2010 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

2009/2010 Tactics & formations thread

Postby cruz » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:06 pm

well on the first training matches van gall actually put lahm on his favourite right side..

he wants them to play the 4--1-3-2 formation.

and I wrote in a croatian newspaper an interview with pranjić where he said that van gaal plans to play something like this:

lahm-----------------micho-------------------lucio----------------braafheid

---------------------------------tymo/van bommel---------------------------

--------ribery-------------schweini/tymo/van bommel---------pranjić----

---------------------klose/toni/olić------------gomez------------------------

now there are a couple undecided situations like: ribery's future, lucio's status at the club, who'll play DM, CM and who'll be the other ST next to gomez, etc..

the last two years we had the dominant left side, now ribery and lahm were moved on the right...well, I don't know how it gon work out, but I know that van gaal surely has the right reasons why he's done that... :)
cruz
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Your First Team Line-Up!!!

Postby shileno » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:52 pm

Ribery as RM? I really need to see this..
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby ballackfcb » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:34 pm

shileno wrote:Ribery as RM? I really need to see this..

He plays there for France because Malouda plays on the left. :)
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby shpati_L1 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:04 am

And he is not as effective on the right as on the left.
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby shileno » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:40 am

I only the remember the last matches of France. Ribery played as LM and he did everything, including the goals.
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby cruz » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:21 pm

yes, I also think his natural and most effective position is the AML!

but, everybody who plays football knows that during a game you cannot be strictly always on one position, it always depends how the game goes, and professionals do so much rotating and switching positions, that's why I guess that ribery will get a ''free role'', and pranjić will have to move often to the AMC, schweini on the AMR, so ribery goes to the left ... OR ribery lands in the middle, you know, switch with schweini....

we just don't know how it gon look like, that's why I'm pretty excited and looking forward for the BL to finally begin!!! :D
cruz
I'm a chatterbox!

Re: Darijo Srna!!!

Postby Aequitas1987 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:31 am

I think our team is stronger, Badstuber has the potential to be better than Lucio. Pranjic is not as good as Ze Roberto by a mile but i am willing to give him a chance. We have TYMO! How long have we been complaining about a quality CDM and now we have one of the best. With TYMO as CDM the loss of Lucio will be negligible. Secondly, we are forgetting some of our other youth promotions and new youth coming in, Baumjohann & Muller are great players. We have 4 - 5 strikers compared to the 1-2 we had last season.

Overall
a) Finally a great CDM in Tymo
b) Overall defense is better with Badstuber + Tymo as CDM
c) 4-5 Strikers, with Olic, Muller + Gomez coming in, no more striking issues when Klose is injured.
d) More creative players in the form of Baumjohann, specially since Van Gaal wants to give youth players a chance.
e) Overall a more deeper bench.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby cruz » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:24 am

Aequitas1987 wrote:I think our team is stronger, Badstuber has the potential to be better than Lucio. Pranjic is not as good as Ze Roberto by a mile but i am willing to give him a chance. We have TYMO! How long have we been complaining about a quality CDM and now we have one of the best. With TYMO as CDM the loss of Lucio will be negligible. Secondly, we are forgetting some of our other youth promotions and new youth coming in, Baumjohann & Muller are great players. We have 4 - 5 strikers compared to the 1-2 we had last season.

Overall
c) 4-5 Strikers, with Olic, Muller + Gomez coming in, no more striking issues when Klose is injured.
d) More creative players in the form of Baumjohann, specially since Van Gaal wants to give youth players a chance.

yes, I agree with almost everything, except that our overall defence is better, but I understand your thoughts, you are saying that this season there'll be more help from the midfield when defending, and exactly this is why our opponents scored so many goals against us... it's who's fault? of couuuurseee, klinsfrau's fault!!! there were rensing and lell too, but it's the coach - that played the wrong tactics!!!
cruz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby sch0ll7 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:13 am

Aequitas1987 wrote:I think our team is stronger, Badstuber has the potential to be better than Lucio. Pranjic is not as good as Ze Roberto by a mile but i am willing to give him a chance. We have TYMO! How long have we been complaining about a quality CDM and now we have one of the best. With TYMO as CDM the loss of Lucio will be negligible. Secondly, we are forgetting some of our other youth promotions and new youth coming in, Baumjohann & Muller are great players. We have 4 - 5 strikers compared to the 1-2 we had last season.

Overall

a) I agree
b) Badstuber is new guy that hasnt done anything yet meanwhile Lucio and Demichelis and even Van Buyten have somethig to show for...I would like to see Badstuber to be new Lucio but doubt it...we cant judge his abilities from watching 4 half times:)
c) I agree
d) Baumjohann is not more creative than Ze Roberto...He is just another player we bought and hasnt proved yet...if he plays 1 quality season like Ze Roberto did for many years than I will say he is good...until then he is just another Jose Sosa and Ali Karimi for me.
e) Bench will be shorter if we sell some players and get to those optimal 22+3 players Van Gaal wants

I dont know why but our board is not doing anything better for our team.

Only good thing is they appointed Van Gaal as a coach and bought Tymoschuk
But there are a lot of bad things like leting Lucio, Ze Roberto go, not buying GK and RB

If we will play better this season it will be because of board, new signings etc...
But if we play like last season than it will be Van Gaals fault...typical for our board to blame it on coaches.
Hey they even fired Hitzfeld [one of the coaching legends of the world] because they were stupid not to do their job right.
And than get Magath who did his job well but the signings were awful and it is Ullis fault we werent competitive in CL but we won double 2x so it cant be Magaths fault because he did great in Bundesliga and Cup
And what did they do then?...they appointed Hitzfeld back...I was like WTF? not because of Hitzfeld...I think he was our best coach in 20 years but because of our stupid board.

Ok I got little carried away a bit there...but our board is not doing anything good for the last 7-8 years...they ruined our team
But I hope Nerlinger will do something different and wont be Ulli's bitch:D
I cant wait to see what happens
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby shwas55 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:34 am

sch0ll7 wrote:
Bench will be shorter if we sell some players and get to those optimal 22+3 players Van Gaal wants

Good point. I dont think we worked on our depth or creativity at all, IMO the gap between our first 11 and second 11 is huge, and we wont get any where in Europe till that is fixed. We are very thin in defense and midfield creativity. I mean look at the few matches we played so far, granted its pre season and players still learning the way LVG want them to play, but Ribery is not playing, Lahm is playing out of position and suddenly the team cant get one good pass to the strikers.

We already look as one dimensional as we looked like last season if not more.

sch0ll7 wrote:I dont know why but our board is not doing anything better for our team.

Only good thing is they appointed Van Gaal as a coach and bought Tymoschuk
But there are a lot of bad things like leting Lucio, Ze Roberto go, not buying GK and RB

If we will play better this season it will be because of board, new signings etc...
But if we play like last season than it will be Van Gaals fault...typical for our board to blame it on coaches.

Our management are hoping LVG will preform a miracle with this team and players to overachieve. Very short sighted if you ask me.

The only area I fill we are stronger is the forward line, however without quality passes reaching the strikers that wont matter at all.

sch0ll7 wrote: our board is not doing anything good for the last 7-8 years...they ruined our team
But I hope Nerlinger will do something different and wont be Ulli's bitch:D
I cant wait to see what happens

IMO They all need to move on. They did a great job and achieved alot, but they are clearly starting to rum out of ideas, they are scared to take risks and change their methods. Football changed but they still believe they can achieve success with the same old methods that they used before billionaires get involved in the game.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby Aequitas1987 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:49 am

I agree with the point that with Van Gaal's 22 + 3 player role we might not have a deep bench, good point.
I do not agree that we dont have creativity since most of preseason Ribery + Schweini have not played. Tymoshuck although not classified as a creative player tends to have some good vision from what i have seen. And im going to continue to put my faith in Baumjohann to bolster the creativity. The jury is still out on Pranjic although i did buy into the hype initially i am not going to disregard him based on a few games just yet.

My only concern right now is to get a quality RB that is the only thing that i disagree with the board on.
Overall if you approach the transfer season as relative to the long run (this decade since 2001) then we are on a downtrend but if you just compare it in the short run (past 2 seasons) i feel this is a very succesful transfer season.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby shwas55 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:50 am

Aequitas1987 wrote:Overall if you approach the transfer season as relative to the long run (this decade since 2001) then we are on a downtrend but if you just compare it in the short run (past 2 seasons) i feel this is a very succesful transfer season.

If obvious holes and weaknesses from last season arent fixed, the transfer window cant be regarded as successful.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby Aequitas1987 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:40 am

The only Hole not fixed is RB, however it all comes down to our perspective... in our perspective the RB position is of utmost importance to fix but that might not be the case based on LVG's philosophy. He might feel that Lahm as RB is still worth using. There must be a reason why Lahm also feels more comfortable on that side. I also tend to view the defense as a holistic structure rather than singling out the CB's RB's LB's GK's. As a whole last season we cant completely blame the GK or the RB, a poster mentioned previously that many other factors go into play one of which isthe confidence that the CB's place on the GK etc. We might see a complete change in CB combination this season so that is bound to affect the relationship they have with butt/rensing. Secondly, according to his philsophy there is going to be intense pressing within our own half that means players like Tymo, Schweini, Altintop helping out with the defense much like what Ballack and Essien do for Chelsea that again emphasizes that it is not a GLARING weakness to buy an RB or a GK.

We need to step into their shoes and observe why is it that they are not giving so much importance to buying a RB or a GK.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby shwas55 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:41 am

Aequitas1987 wrote:. I also tend to view the defense as a holistic structure rather than singling out the CB's RB's LB's GK's. As a whole last season we cant completely blame the GK or the RB, a poster mentioned previously that many other factors go into play one of which isthe confidence that the CB's place on the GK etc. We might see a complete change in CB combination this season so that is bound to affect the relationship they have with butt/rensing.

We need a RB for attacking as much as we need him for Defending. LVG plan is all about FBs going forward, Görlitz and Lell arent the players for that. Our right side was a joke last year, the RMs (Schweini, Altintop, Sosa) had no support what so ever from Oddo nor Lell.

Aequitas1987 wrote:
We need to step into their shoes and observe why is it that they are not giving so much importance to buying a RB or a GK.

This board is sticking with a policy " a Certain player or no one else". Thats why we are not chasing anyone beside Neuer or Bosingwa.

After the end of last season, Uli was asked about what we will be after in the transfer market, and the first thing he said was a right back, same goes for Kalle. Even LVG in his first interview said he wants a RB. Hell untill last week they were saying we want a RB. Yet once Chelsea say we dont want to sell Bosingwa, we suddenly have enough quality on the right side?. You cant tell me they suddenly changed their mind about Lell, or Görlitz proved to be the player they were after all along.

Lahm stunk when played on the right, and as a result of that LVG shifted him back to the left in the last match, and he has been training on the left since.

This board wants to buy a top class experienced RB, yet they dont want to pay more the 12-15mil. Thats why we arent going after Srna, Beck and others they just dont fit the what the management is after (either too expensive, or young, or....etc).

They thought they could get Boswinga for cheap and when that didnt happen suddenly we have enough quality for that position!!! Fans arent stupid.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:56 pm

Eh, I think our team is strong if we get a world-class RB. I'm liking Badstuber and Baumjohann. Pranjic... well, maybe he has yet to adapt. But don't forget LVG is known to perform well with YOUNG AVERAGE players.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Next

Return to General Bayern Discussion