You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-07-10] SpVgg Unterhaching vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the friendly matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:30 pm

SpVgg Unterhaching will win
13%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
88%

Total votes : 16

Re: [2012-07-10] SpVgg Unterhaching vs Bayern Munich

Postby machkover » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:11 pm

lau03143 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:When it comes to our defense a lot depends on whether we're sticking with Alaba as LB

Agreed, he prefers midfielder to LB, but he was immense their last season, so might not get a choice in the matter!

let's loan the girlish kroos and allow alaba in the midfield with schveiny ! :twisted: we are killing alaba's potential if we keep him in LB !! :evil:
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BayernLove » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:25 pm

:NO:
Alaba is BEASTLY at LB
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Yahya » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:51 pm

machkover wrote:
lau03143 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:When it comes to our defense a lot depends on whether we're sticking with Alaba as LB

Agreed, he prefers midfielder to LB, but he was immense their last season, so might not get a choice in the matter!

let's loan the girlish kroos and allow alaba in the midfield with schveiny ! :twisted: we are killing alaba's potential if we keep him in LB !! :evil:

Although Kroos runs around like a girl, ( :lol: ) you can't just place Alaba in midfield, he's still young and has a long way to go, plus he's already awesome at his LB spot..
Music Producer
Yahya
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MoFattal » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:51 pm

Damn! Alaba as LB was the only good thing coming out of last season.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Jorge » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:58 pm

MUTU wrote:Found highlights!

The goalkeeper "ate" the freekick.

The Walkout kids look as old as the players.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:02 pm

AssemFCB wrote:Kroos should take corners, Shaqiri should take free kicks, Gomez/Alaba should take PKS, imo.

Interesting. Kroos takes most corner kicks and free kicks from the left now but since Bayern started playing inverted wingers they seldom swing the corner kicks out, so having Kroos taking the corner kicks from the right never crossed my mind but it is an intriguing.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby BayernLove » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:23 pm

Just saw the goal by Alaba. :shock: Noice.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby AvatarX » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:50 pm

Jorge wrote:
AssemFCB wrote:Kroos should take corners, Shaqiri should take free kicks, Gomez/Alaba should take PKS, imo.

Interesting. Kroos takes most corner kicks and free kicks from the left now but since Bayern started playing inverted wingers they seldom swing the corner kicks out, so having Kroos taking the corner kicks from the right never crossed my mind but it is an intriguing.

Well, having wingers taking corners using the opposite foot didn't really worked out last year, so we should try something different.I really can't recall the last time we scored from corner kick, but I can recall the 20 non-effective corner kicks in CL final :(
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby machkover » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:56 am

i don't deny that Alaba is doing great as a LB but he can do far better in midfield with ribery or shaqiri !! he usualy proves it with the national Osterreich team !
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Jorge » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:49 pm

machkover wrote:i don't deny that Alaba is doing great as a LB but he can do far better in midfield with ribery or shaqiri !! he usualy proves it with the national Osterreich team !

For unknown reasons Alaba plays very well on the center for Austria but looked lost the few times he played on the center for Bayern. It will be interesting to see how the whole thing unfolds in the next coming years. Most likely Alaba does not want to specialize as a LB and Contento -who is an specialized LB- won't be "contento" sitting on the bench.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby lau03143 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:51 pm

Jorge wrote:
machkover wrote:i don't deny that Alaba is doing great as a LB but he can do far better in midfield with ribery or shaqiri !! he usualy proves it with the national Osterreich team !

For unknown reasons Alaba plays very well on the center for Austria but looked lost the few times he played on the center for Bayern. It will be interesting to see how the whole thing unfolds in the next coming years. Most likely Alaba does not want to specialize as a LB and Contento -who is an specialized LB- won't be "contento" sitting on the bench.

Alaba needs to remain versatile, and his free kick on Tuesday proved he can be!
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby quaazi » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:51 pm

Austria doesn't monopolize possession and Alaba can use his pace there. Bayern do and his pace isn't as useful on the middle.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby lau03143 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:55 pm

quaazi wrote:Austria doesn't monopolize possession and Alaba can use his pace there. Bayern do and his pace isn't as useful on the middle.

I think at LB he's shown to be a very instinctive player who handles pressure defending and attacking well.

Whereas at CM for us when he's got time on the ball while in possession, he's been a bit wasteful. But they only way for him to improve is more game time at CM, but I think he could find that he'll be at LB for a good bit of the Season!
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:07 pm

The only way i see Alaba not playing as a LB is if Contento impresses Jupp in a big way....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:34 pm

Contento is a great LB and very talented, but I think he has a lot of room for improvement when attacking. Maybe we should loan him out...

For now, I hope Alaba will remain our LB. He is a balanced fullback, kind of our second Lahm. Maybe he will not keep playing there for the rest of his career, that is a decision made by him and his coaches, but for now I hope he stays there.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Friendlies