You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2007-02-13] Salzburg tournament

Discussions on the friendly matches.

Who do you think will win the Salzburg tournament?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:22 pm

Bayern Munich
88%
Red Bull Salzburg
6%
Urawa Red Diamonds
6%

Total votes : 16

[2007-02-13] Salzburg tournament

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:22 pm

Bayern fans will be treated to an exceptionally intriguing match-up next February when the German champions travel to nearby Salzburg for a mini-tournament hosted by Austrian league leaders Red Bull and also featuring Japanese table-toppers Urawa Red Diamonds. The contest has been set for Tuesday 13 February at the Bulls Arena in Salzburg.

"We're looking forward to comparing ourselves to these two clubs. As is well known, Urawa are our Japanese partner club, and Red Bull feature a host of our old boys," commented Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.

45 minutes per match
The Austrians include former Munich stalwarts Thomas Linke, Alexander Zickler, Niko Kovac and Markus Steinhöfer on their roster, with the team coached by ex-Bayern personalities Giovanni Trapattoni and Lothar Matthäus. The director of sport, Oliver Kreuzer, and reserve coach Thorsten Fink, also spent many long years in the Bavarian capital. Furthermore, FCB President Franz Beckenbauer acts as a consultant to the Bulls.

The evening kicks off at 6 pm CET with the meeting between Salzburg and Urawa, before Bayern contest matches two and three. Each game lasts 45 minutes, with an immediate penalty shoot-out in the event of a draw.

Salzburg tournament: Match schedule
6 pm: Red Bull Salzburg v Urawa Red Diamonds
7 pm: Urawa Red Diamonds v Bayern
8 pm: Red Bull Salzburg v Bayern
Last edited by MUTU on Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tracylynn » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:07 am

I wish Bayern could come over here (US) and play some of the MLS teams. Now, that would be cool.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Marko » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:26 am

That will be real frendly tournament!
strenght to endure
Marko
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby diegis » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:15 pm

this tournament is similar with tim trophy where juventus, milan and inter plays eachother 45mins :wink:
hope it will be useful... :D
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Schweini_rules » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:06 am

This red bull club is like a second bayern but actually its bayern from the past in reality ..it will be fun .
ps : Do you think that Matheus will take up the coaching in Bayern in case Magath leaves (in couple of years)
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:17 am

Schweini_rules wrote:Do you think that Matheus will take up the coaching in Bayern in case Magath leaves (in couple of years)

I don't think so. He left a bitter taste with Bayern when he left as there was a fight over some wages. But you never know, it could very well happen!
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Schweini_rules » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:44 am

I really want to see him in Bayern again , this time coaching ..=) He will bring the change to us .
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby kevh26 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:15 pm

I'm looking forward to the day that one of the current generation of legends takes the reigns at bayern... possibly scholl??? his awareness and tactical sense is impeccable...

just a pipe dream I suppose... and as for the matches, I think Urawa will take it... purely down to the timing and the point in the season
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:00 am

Is there any-channel will show this tournament live!! please tell me if you know?? :|
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:49 pm

It's too early to say...
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:05 pm

A feature on Zickler. His goals in the season 2005/2006

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeY-6q3hw30
Last edited by MUTU on Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby diegis » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:48 pm

the video is not working :roll:
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FC Bajern » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:10 pm

supr4king wrote:the video is not working :roll:

click on the video twice and you can see it on youtube
FC Bajern

Postby MUTU » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:20 pm

supr4king wrote:the video is not working :roll:

fixed.
Just go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeY-6q3hw30.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mirage » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:07 pm

This is tomorrow now. Does anyone know if it will be on broadcast on TV or something?
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Next

Return to Friendlies