You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-08-07] MLS All-Stars vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the friendly matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:55 am

MLS All-Stars will win
9%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
91%

Total votes : 22

Re: [2014-08-07] MLS All-Stars vs Bayern Munich

Postby bastos80 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:33 pm

BayernLove wrote:
bastos80 wrote:I think it was fine. We would have the same problem with 4 defenders.

That's bollocks and you know it!
We're spreading ourselves a bit thin in this formation

So our problems with high balls would suddenly disappear when we change back to 4 at the back ?
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby jaybayern » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:08 pm

Well I am still pissed..thought they took this game way too serious ...i still wanted to beat them ....i hate when Bayern loses even if it's a unimportant preseason game
BAYERN TILL THE DEATH OF ME
jaybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:52 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Badger » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:55 pm

Here's an unusual one. If you subscribe to FCB.tv and are using the iPhone or iPad FCB app, you will see that the highlights for last night's game are available for watching. If, however, you change the language settings on your iPhone or iPad from English to German and check the app again, you will see two further clips containing the whole first half and whole second half respectively. This is not the first time I've seen varied availability of matches, etc, on the FCB apps and site.

I look forward to seeing the whole game tonight. I'm particularly looking forward to seeing Lewandowski, who I must now admit does seem to be an upgrade on Mandzukic, and Gaudino, who has been the most exciting discovery of the summer break.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby JANCKER » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:32 pm

Retirement league players beat Bayern. That's some achievement... It's like they won the CL.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby pyrasur » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:18 pm

tflags wrote:By the way, Alexis Lalas, you can kiss my rear end with your alrighteous bullshit comments.

Aaaaaand to make matters worse, as if possible, the truly, amazingly and hell deep disgusting episode of the afternoon on the west coast: the artificial pitch. For gods sake that pitch!! Playing on artificial grounds should be penalized equally as manslaughter, third term elections or mayonnaise consumption.

:D haha too funny and true. It really looked like the artificial pitch messed with our passing to me, but it could be because it was the youths. And lalas haha ;)
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Grimnir » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:26 pm

tflags wrote:It was a pretty bad setup; Bayern played with teenagers against mid-season hardened old-timers. Several players went invicible (Gaudinio, 2nd half Shaqiri) while others had a stinker (Hojberj). And yet some flashes of world class football saved the first half, namely Lewandowsky and Shaqiri.

Sorry but our first half was actually quite decent. It was the second half where we took the turn for the worst. And calling Hojbjerg's performance a stinker makes me wonder how much you watched? Hojbjerg set up some great plays (for example diving header from Rode in the first half was off a perfect Hojbjerg cross) and was working harder than most. Shaq also had a pretty good much and should have had a goal with the amount of attempts he had. Also his epic long ball to Bernat in the second half would have made for an amazing goal as well if Bernat hadn't shot it right at the keeper.

To be honest if we compare our chances to the MLS side I would say we had the better chances. Our only problem, which is a continuation from last season, is finishing and making the most of those chances.
Last edited by Grimnir on Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grimnir
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCB&Paulaner » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:26 pm

The only thing to take from this game is (apart from Levandowski goal and that he is scoring in every game so far), that perhaps, perhaps we need to shop for a decent CB, just saying..
FCB&Paulaner
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Grimnir » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:28 pm

So far Badstuber's performances have been good and a pity he didn't get time yesterday. I actually have a lot of growing faith in him for the coming season.

And another thing to take from any one of the friendlies so far is that we have some very talented youths coming up that we need to give more playing time to and take advantage of. Hojbjerg needs to be regular this season, that is for certain.
Grimnir
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby yellow14 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:25 pm

Der Bomber wrote:Pep's anger is warranted..The coach had no authority whatsoever & wouldn't say anything to his players and was letting them do their dirty tackles. It didn't even take 5 minutes for Bastian to get injured after the Germans were brought on for the MLS fans. THAT is a disgrace, not Pep's anger at the lack of coaching skills of this coach who looked like a sad puppy on the bench when Pep lashed out at him.

I'm not saying he shouldn't have been angry, but the response was out of proportion to the offense. It was amateurish by the MLS side, but there were better ways to handle it.
Bayern is attempting to gain more fans in the U.S. and this was unnecessarily polarizing.
yellow14
Getting the hang of it

Postby KSBesa » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:38 pm

I think Pep(e) didn't play Ribs and Bads because he wanted to save them for the Supercup. Can't wait for that game because it'll be interesting to see who will be in the starting line-up. Do you think it'll be the line-up we saw yesterday or a mixture of the World Cup players and... non World Cup players?
KSBesa
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
Albania

Postby moleman » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:44 pm

Grimnir wrote:So far Badstuber's performances have been good and a pity he didn't get time yesterday. I actually have a lot of growing faith in him for the coming season.

And another thing to take from any one of the friendlies so far is that we have some very talented youths coming up that we need to give more playing time to and take advantage of. Hojbjerg needs to be regular this season, that is for certain.

With the way the MLS game was going, maybe it was better Badstuber didn't play :? Might have lost a leg or something

I have liked what I have seen so far from Høj in preseason and saw him play up close at the Bayern-Chivas game. Seems physically mature and skilled with the ball. Do people mostly think he will play mostly right wingback in the 3-4-3 ish thing Pep's been running?
moleman
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby tflags » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:00 pm

Grimnir wrote:Sorry but our first half was actually quite decent.

But.. but... but... I said the first half was saved... Oh never mind.

And calling Hojbjerg's performance a stinker makes me wonder how much you watched? Hojbjerg set up some great plays (for example diving header from Rode in the first half was off a perfect Hojbjerg cross) and was working harder than most.

Why is it every time someone doesn't agree with you they challenge the entire episode instead of presenting some arguments forward? He had a low ball shot on goal and some decent dribbles around the box but otherwise he looked really tired; falling on the ground, misplacing passes or otherwise arguing with MLS's players constantly. He's not a wing back.

Now before you get touchy on that subject or something you might wanna read this first.

Shaq also had a pretty good much and should have had a goal with the amount of attempts he had. Also his epic long ball to Bernat in the second half would have made for an amazing goal as well if Bernat hadn't shot it right at the keeper.

But... but... but I said he gave a world class performance on the first half and put it on a par with Lewandowski's. Oh never mind.

To be honest if we compare our chances to the MLS side I would say we had the better chances. Our only problem, which is a continuation from last season, is finishing and making the most of those chances.

They had the better chances; we had Lewandowski. They had 11 new guys on the second half, we had Dante still smelling like he had lost 7-1 at home against the whole world watching.

You did watch the second half didn't you? Oh God now I'm doing the stupid challenge thing.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:50 am

tflags wrote:Now before you get touchy on that subject or something you might wanna read this first.

Wow, I could read most of that article without resorting to the Worterbuch! :D I´m absorving german without much work haha

I hope he gets to play as a six this season, he looks very ready to play mayor first-team minutes already. Green not so much, unfortunately...
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby Kevinx67 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:02 am

I can't believe anyone would defend Pep Guardiola behavior after the match. It was a disgrace. So a few tackles were a little ruff. Get over it. Its football.
Kevinx67
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to Friendlies