You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

LIGA total! Cup 2011

Discussions on the friendly matches.

Re: LIGA total! Cup 2011

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:49 pm

Wooow Löwe hit the crossbar with a rocket and then Götze almost scores !! Mainz is being totally trashed by Dortmund
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MarttiH » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:54 pm

Youngster Löwe is pretty active and Felipe Santana also caught my eye. Dortmund totally dominates. However, really looking forward to Bayern vs Hamburg match-up.
MarttiH
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:56 pm

Lewandowski is the worst player in Bundesliga,
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby AvatarX » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:00 pm

So we'll face Dortmund tomorrow. Looking forward to...
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:18 pm

well this game can give us a small picture of how our defense will shape up next season....
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MoFattal » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:08 pm

well it seems that we still are wayyy below average when it comes to defending set pieces and counter-attacks.... hope that changes very soon or else this season will be the same as the last... and also this should give us an indication that we need another defender (Alex) because if Boateng is not playing (as is the case today) we will always end up with this screw-up defense of ours :D
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby chardos » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:18 pm

Where are Rafinha and Boateng? How is our back line supposed to be able to gel and know one another's play styles if they never play together?

Badstuber looks horrendous, Gomez looks sloppy, Robben looks like all he's done all summer is drink margaritas, and Neuer looks so unsure of his backline that he wants to play all defensive positions himself.

I really hope we pick it up second half. We need to. The last thing we need is to start our CL/BL seasons lacking any confidence.
chardos

"That is football, we have seen it in the past. It is not always the better team that have the cup in the end .. It is hard to find words for that, but football is not everything."
-Thomas Müller
chardos
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby chardos » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:13 pm

The good:

Ribery and Lahm seem to be linking up the way they used to. And it seemed like Lahm was EVERYWHERE.

Köz (the 18 year old who played right back) really didn't look that bad for an 18-year-old youth product. He definitely has potential. Still would have liked to have seen Rafinha in there.

Kroos looked great for the ~10 minutes he was in.

The bad:

I know it was technically a friendly, but I don't really know what Heynckes was doing in this game. Was this Heynckes telling Badstuber/DVB that CB is their position to lose? Why not play Rafinha at right back? Köz played well for a young Bayern II player, but I don't think he'll be challenging Rafinha for a starting position anytime soon. Maybe he was trying to emulate last season's squad as much as possible and contrast it with a different lineup next match but if there's one thing we know leads to a bag full of fail, its switching around our back 4 (I guess 6, if you count DMs) every game.

Neuer made a vomit-worthy mistake on that first goal. I don't know if he didn't call Basti off or he didn't hear him or whatever, but it looked as though Neuer thought he wasn't going for the ball, which as a defender you can never do unless called off of it.

The ugly:

Badstuber needs a life coach or something. Seriously. The boy has so much potential, but he always looks so sloppy and undisciplined in every sense of the word.

So much of our squad looked .. average. Robbery, Muller, Gustavo, Basti, Gomez, DVB, they all just looked ... 'OK.' Yes, its preseason. Yes, the game means nothing in the long run. Yes, its basically the first quasi-competitive game after the break. But as a team, when do you start playing with tenacity? Midway through the BL season? CL knockout stages? DFB-Pokal Semifinals? We looked lazy. And we can't look lazy, ever, or we end up with a repeat of last season.
chardos

"That is football, we have seen it in the past. It is not always the better team that have the cup in the end .. It is hard to find words for that, but football is not everything."
-Thomas Müller
chardos
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby quaazi » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:31 pm

Rafinha is recovering from stomach flu.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby TeamSpirit » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:56 pm

I liked Holger's performance. He seemed more confident and, overall, better than last season. Sure he needs to calm down a bit ahaha, but he wasn't bad, in my opinion. Frank was really good! Lahm was Lahm.
Manu, on the other hand, wasn't himself today, just as Robben, who definitely wasn't in the mood to play =)) And great for Toni! Nice goal.

Mario, though, was a bit... uhm... Not Super Mario today.

The team didn't seem to function today.

chardos wrote:Ribery and Lahm seem to be linking up the way they used to. And it seemed like Lahm was EVERYWHERE.

'Cause he was =)) Left, right, center =))
"Wer behauptet, dass er die Kapitänsbinde nicht gerne haben will, der lügt. Jeder will doch gern Anführer einer starken Mannschaft sein." ~ Philipp Lahm

TeamSpirit
Getting the hang of it

Postby lau03143 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:06 pm

Just watching this on ESPN in the UK (they delayed broadcasting it to show the Orlando Pirates Vs Tottenham Hotspur match). Curently 15mins thru.

Shocking goal by Neuer to loose. However I do think the vocal booing is getting to him and really isn't good as he is a Bayern man now!

Other than that it has been all Bayern.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby lau03143 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:19 pm

Just saw second goal for Hamburg and it was a shocker too.

Midfield sitting far too deep when Mueller lost the ball. Then the five or six covering lost shape and lost player coming thru the middle. Bad goal to loose.

Good save about five mins previous from Neuer
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby München Minded » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:30 pm

After game comments:
HAHAHAHA -- ROFLMAO.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby munchen99 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:41 pm

^^
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"

still rings true!!
munchen99
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby chardos » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:17 pm

I had no idea Rafinha was getting over an illness, so scratch all my comments on that. Is Köz his backup? Can Contento play on the right if he needed to?
chardos

-Thomas Müller
chardos
Woah, this feels cool!

PreviousNext

Return to Friendlies