You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-07-20] FSV Mainz 05 vs FC Bayern Munich

Discussions on the friendly matches.

Result?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:50 am

Bayern Munich will win in normal time
75%
Bayern Munich will win in penalties
13%
Mainz 05 will win in normal time
13%
Mainz 05 will win in penalties
No votes

Total votes : 8

Re: [2011-07-20] FSV Mainz 05 vs FC Bayern Munich

Postby VIKTOR84 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:05 pm

any highlights?
VIKTOR84
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:16 pm

MoFattal wrote:
MaCk0y wrote:
MoFattal wrote:Nerlinger should be catching a flight right now to London with a 10M suitcase to go and bring Alex to Munich :D

Maybe if it was a Boateng-Badstuber pairing and still defended poorly. But he will find the excuse that Boateng didn't play.

you're probably right but the thing is that this would be our defense in case Boateng got injured, suspended, etc. One has to take the what-if scenario when considering the squad as a whole... well what if JB got injured ? the answer in that case would be: we're screwed !!

That's what I think too. I brought this same argument in the Alex thread. Bayern needs him more so if Boateng gets injured and Bayern are playing with the same CB duo from last season.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby OhioFan » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:20 pm

“That all workers may receive respect and protection of their rights, and that the unemployed may receive the opportunity to contribute to the common good.” (Pope Francis prayer intention for October, 2017)
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby walter » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:30 pm

HSV buys a few kids from Chelsea's reserve team and already has a better defense than us... sad, isn't it?
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby München Minded » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:57 pm

Our scouting department and Heynckes combined with Nerlinger apparently don't know the right people to get. As mentioned, I am glad we got our target Boateng, but when injured our CB setup is no better than last season. Bayern aren't preparing well in the defense side of things, compared to midfield and forwards -- sounds like LvG policy.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:59 pm

München Minded wrote:Our scouting department and Heynckes combined with Nerlinger apparently don't know the right people to get. As mentioned, I am glad we got our target Boateng, but when injured our CB setup is no better than last season. Bayern aren't preparing well in the defense side of things, compared to midfield and forwards -- sounds like LvG policy.

You're right... I don't know why but the coach seems to stick with the system adopted by LvG and which screwed us last year... I know that 4-2-3-1 is our main formation, but what is the use of friendlies if we cannot try other formations or tactics???? One thing is clear, if we stick to the same formation in ALL our games, then we will not reach our goals this season (and IMO even if Alex joined us....)
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:46 pm

Hey Aequitas

His name is Nils PETERSEN

I want to see a match with our real defense (Lahm--Badstuber--Boateng--Rafinha) and not with this experiments with CDM as CB that remind me of the last games under Van Gaal. In fact I think it was against Mainz when LVG used 3 or 4 CMS as defenders

And I still don't like anything from Petersen. He looks very lost playing alone as striker. I think he will need a lot of time to improve
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby CroCHEF » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:42 am

VIKTOR84 wrote:any highlights?

CroCHEF
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby CroCHEF » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:42 am

VIKTOR84 wrote:any highlights?

CroCHEF
I post all the time

Postby quaazi » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:57 am

So... who was that one person who predicted the outcome of the match correctly?
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby appudds » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:33 pm

Horrible defense..
Gustavo, Tymo, DvB, badstuber as starting CBs= Fail...
We need Alex..
There are 3 stages..
Stage 1 is this.
Stage 2 is us **** up in the Audi Cup
Stage 3 is us **** up in the starting BL fixtures..
If we do this, we will sign another CB..
Lets see hoe we act in Audi Cup
appudds

National Flag:
India

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:45 pm

It's obviously very soon but after watching our first games I don't have a good feeling yet.

It's like we are going to struggle at the beginning of the season like every year and suddenly we are 6-7 points below Dortmund again. I hope we play much better in Audi Cup because Barça can score 10 goals against this defense
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby bayern123 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:00 pm

How about starting a booing club towards Badstuber????

Unbelievable!!! I have never seen a worse CB at FCB in some time.

He is so slow!!!
His passes are soft and inaccurate!!!
No anticipation!!!
No marking!!!
He surprised everyone his first year. But, now that everyone has seen him, he is so below average. What is worse, he is not improving since his great 1st half of his career!! He is declining!! Why does FCB put so much faith in him???

And he will NOT be starting CB in National team anymore. Mark my words. Too many better options for Germany. And the word is out that he is awful!! UNFORTUNATELY, only Nerlinger and CO. do NOTHING!!!!

COME ON!!! WAKE UP!!!!
bayern123
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Payam » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:20 pm

bayern123 wrote:How about starting a booing club towards Badstuber????

Unbelievable!!! I have never seen a worse CB at FCB in some time.

He is so slow!!!
His passes are soft and inaccurate!!!
No anticipation!!!
No marking!!!
He surprised everyone his first year. But, now that everyone has seen him, he is so below average. What is worse, he is not improving since his great 1st half of his career!! He is declining!! Why does FCB put so much faith in him???

And he will NOT be starting CB in National team anymore. Mark my words. Too many better options for Germany. And the word is out that he is awful!! UNFORTUNATELY, only Nerlinger and CO. do NOTHING!!!!

COME ON!!! WAKE UP!!!!

I agree with almost everything you wrote except the part about his passing being slow and inaccurate.
His passes are excellent! And he always tries, and always succeeds, to pass hard up the pitch.
He was had a hand, sorry - a foot, in two goals last time he played for the NT. And that was with his "slow, inaccurate" passes :)
He should train on passing with his right foot as well.

In my opinion he needs to be loaned or go, he is a ticking timebomb ready to screw us over.
I'll paint any car for 3.95.
Payam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby uzi716 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:09 pm

This isn't the Badstuber from 2 seasons ago, watching him flop around on the field makes me even more pissed about losing Hummels.
uzi716
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Friendlies