You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2009-07-24]: FC Köln vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the friendly matches.

Re: [2009-07-24]: FC Köln vs Bayern Munich

Postby shwas55 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:46 pm

mackoy wrote:Muller deserves to be in the first eleven.

Agree, not sure where to fit him though :) .

It was a good match. We controlled the ball and played some great passes. It slowed down in the second half but thats expected with all the changes we made.

All in all the tactics are starting to take shape, which good to see.

BTW Sosa should be banned from taking set pieces
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:47 pm

Great Game

Schweinsteiger came in 2 minutes ,Made 1 good cross and A Goal

There is no way better to convince van gaal of Schweinsteiger's Skill
=====================
Breno was good

Tymoschuk :I LOVE THIS GUY ,Great As Usual

Baumjohann:Really good

Sosa :Bad as usual

Ottl:Played good
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby AvatarX » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:56 pm

Well, if we don't get a new RB and Lahm stays there (sadly it seems that will be the case), I think Pranjic is better as a LB than LCM and he is surely better than Braafheild (actually I wasn't expecting more from this guy - if he was better he wouldn't cost only 2.5M... :) )

Tymo should be starter - a great player and I think so far one from new arrivals that showed real class (with finisher Gomez following).
BTW Badstuber is the nicest surprise so far...

And I hope this year Sweini shows the potentials that we all know he has...

So our starting XI could be like that (I would prefer a new RB and Lahm to LB, but anyway...):

----------------------Butt---------------------

Lahm---Demichelis---Badstuber---Pranjic

----------------Tymoschuk-------------------

Altintop------Schweinsteiger-----Ribery--

-----------Gomez----------Klose------------
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby shpati_L1 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:05 pm

I didn't see the game so Where can i see the highlights ?
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

National Flag:
Albania

Postby AvatarX » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:29 pm

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby shpati_L1 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:32 pm

Thanks avatarx.
shpati_L1

National Flag:
Albania

Postby sch0ll7 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:11 am

Few notes from the match

1. Altintop was our best player on the field...done everything you ask from a player that plays in 4-4-2 diamond right flank...he defended great and was our best attacking midfielder...always in action

2. Badstuber and Van Buyten played great...like they played together since they were kids:)...much better than Demichelis and Breno

3. Van Bommel should be on the bench because he didnt defend well and no great passes from him...Tymo should be in DMC

4. Klose and Gomez were quite good upfront

5. Schweini was showing his old face and connected the game well

So if I was to choose first XI for only this match I would go like this:

..................................Rensing................................

Lahm............Van Buyten........Badstuber..............Pranjic

..............................Tymo.....................................

.......Altintop.......................................Schweini........

..............................Muller....................................

.........................Klose.........Gomez........................
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby shileno » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:35 am

I liked the match. After seeing it, I think we should use something like this.

RB--Micho/DVB--DVB/Badstuber--Lahm
-------------Tymoschuck
Altintop-------------------Ribery
--------Schweni/Baumjohann
--------Klose-----------Gomez

Personally, I prefer when we play without Ribery. So I would definitely use something like this.

RB--Micho/DVB--DVB/Badstuber--Lahm
------------Tymoschuck
Altintop/Baumjohann----Schweni/Pranjic
--Muller---Gomez/Klose------Olic

Altintop and Schweni are proving that they're worthy. Hope they keep playing great [-o<
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby Aequitas1987 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:23 am

Even though i did not manage to watch the game live. The positives i am hearing about Badstuber, Muller & Baumjohann make me very very happy and reinforce my belief in LVG. Thanks for the highlights link.

Could i ask some questions regarding the match?
a) When we got possession did we attempt to hold the ball, play it back and slowly build up play? Or as soon as we entered the oppositions half it was a bunch of quick 1 - 2's etc and fast built up play?

b) Were both full backs attempting to push forward like Dani Alves for Barcelona? Or was it slightly skewed to Lahm?

c) Braafield or Pranjic for LB?

d) Some suggested using Altintop as RB, if people honestly believe that by doing so we wont miss him in midfield i think that would be a brilliant move cause it would allow us to fit others into our midfield.

Based on comments and personal opinion suggested formation.

------------------------------Rensing------------------------
Altintop---------VanBuyten--------Badstuber----------Lahm
------------------------------Tymo
----Schweini/Baumjohann-------Ribery----------------
-----------------------------Muller-------------------------
---------------Klose--------------------Gomez
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby shwas55 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:41 pm

Aequitas1987 wrote:
Could i ask some questions regarding the match?
a) When we got possession did we attempt to hold the ball, play it back and slowly build up play? Or as soon as we entered the oppositions half it was a bunch of quick 1 - 2's etc and fast built up play?

We held position very nicely, our passes were great. At times Köln went withouth touching the ball for few mins. Our counter attack was as fast as I ever seen Bayen play for a very long time. LVG is building a great style of play that will win us alot of game. The only problem that is wether the players can keep us, you need super fit players for that system, and thats where our depth will be tested.

Aequitas1987 wrote:b) Were both full backs attempting to push forward like Dani Alves for Barcelona? Or was it slightly skewed to Lahm?

Lahm attacked, Braafield was very poor. IMO still i would prefer Lahm on the left, on the right he just cant cut through defenses the way he did on the left

Aequitas1987 wrote:c) Braafield or Pranjic for LB?

Pranjic. He played the second half as LB and was ok. (still i prefer Lahm as a LB)

Aequitas1987 wrote:d) Some suggested using Altintop as RB, if people honestly believe that by doing so we wont miss him in midfield i think that would be a brilliant move cause it would allow us to fit others into our midfield.

I think Altintop, Schweini on the right would be great. With Altintop runs from RB and Schweini ball controll and vision from RM, we could have a very good dangerous right side.

Aequitas1987 wrote:Based on comments and personal opinion suggested formation.

------------------------------Rensing------------------------
Altintop---------VanBuyten--------Badstuber----------Lahm
------------------------------Tymo
----Schweini/Baumjohann-------Ribery----------------
-----------------------------Muller-------------------------
---------------Klose--------------------Gomez[/quote]

Müller was great I really hope he gets some serious playing time. No doubt he will be pushing for a start every week.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby Element » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:10 pm

shwas55 wrote:
I think Altintop, Schweini on the right would be great. With Altintop runs from RB and Schweini ball controll and vision from RM, we could have a very good dangerous right side.

Yes .Altintop is Great in Tackling nad also played good next to schweinsteiger Few games last season

and in the Diamond formation ,The RM position in The Diamond will Be Great For Schweinsteiger (Because it has A Completely Different role than in Classic 4-4-2)

I said in a post ,The RM in Diamond ,Doenst need to run fast and log ,He needs To Control the ball and Master all Kinds of passes (Schweinsteiger Strength)

While in The Classic ,The RM must be a fast runner for long Distances and always cross at the end (Schweinsteiger weakest point)
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MrLinky » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:39 pm

shwas55 wrote:BTW Sosa should be banned from taking set pieces

Wasn't he the one that delivered the cross from the corner-kick for Schweinsteiger's goal ?
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby shwas55 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:56 pm

MrLinky wrote:

Wasn't he the one that delivered the cross from the corner-kick for Schweinsteiger's goal ?

After he butchered like 3-4 corners he finally got one right, but i was referring to the free kick towards the end. Whats was he thinking? #-o
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby kfc789 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:50 pm

shwas55 wrote:
MrLinky wrote:

After he butchered like 3-4 corners he finally got one right, but i was referring to the free kick towards the end. Whats was he thinking? #-o

Focusing on one mistake is meaningless.Don't you remember the freekick he took during the match schalke 04 vs bayern last season?
Though that freekick hit the bar,sosa has shown his talent for taking set pieces.
kfc789
First post

Postby macturner » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:17 pm

shwas55 wrote:
MrLinky wrote:

I actually don't think that was a shot. If you noticed Sosa and Schweini were chatting for sometime before the kick then Schweinsteiger ran past him down the left side and swung up along the line towards the goal and behind the defense. I think they were attempting to do something creative where Sosa would pass to Schweini as he came up near the net. Unfortuantely it went very wrong.
macturner
Getting the hang of it

Previous

Return to Friendlies