You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-07-21] Borussia Mönchengladbach vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the friendly matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:30 pm

Borussia Mönchengladbach will win the Telekom Cup
No votes
Bayern Munich will win the Telekom Cup
100%

Total votes : 10

Re: [2013-07-21] Borussia Mönchengladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:37 pm

MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby AssemFCB » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:56 pm

Had that not been a goal, it would have been a weird dive.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby AssemFCB » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:31 pm

AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby SouthernStar » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:54 am

Robbery <3

Lol at Thiago's goal. Our Spanish signings so far seem to have a notch for scoring memorable first goals :D

Did ter Stegen even play? Can't see the list of substitutions made during the game.

BMG's starting XI against us was Heimeroth - Jantschke, Nordtveit, Dominguez, Wendt - Dahoud, Xhaka - Hermann, Arango - Hrgota, de Jong

While against BVB, it was ter Stegen - Korb, Stranzl, Brouwers, Daems - Kramer, Xhaka - Rupp, Younes - Raffael, Kruse :shock: Xhaka was the only one unchanged.
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:33 am

MaCk0y wrote:Image

I dub this the "flying chester", and it's really exceptionally effective. Goalkeeper sees that the player by the near post is not going for it (shot or flying header), so he shifts focus to the next player, when out of the blue... goal :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby panzer » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:15 am

Commodore wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Pep is a tactical genius and of course our great depth helps a lot.

I don't know how many titles are we going to win this season but I have the feeling that Pep's Bayern will be the best Bayern generation ever. This is just the beginning of it =P~

The beginning were Jupp Heynckes' Bayern.

Guardiola is well on his way, or so it seems at least for now, to continue what Jupp has started. And who knows? Maybe Guardiola is even sick enough to improve on it.

But!

The beginning were Jupp Heynckes' Bayern!

No, beginning were with Van Gaal.
And I don't agree YlonenXabi. When i watch the Bayern's matches, i see Barca. We play like mostly Barca. And i don't like it. We are Bayern, not Barca. I've never wanted Pep in Bayern, still i don't want.
panzer
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:17 am

Team's don't "own" a playing style. And if they did, we'd likely have to call Jancker out of retirement. *shudders*
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tflags » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:18 pm

MUTU wrote:I dub this the "flying chester", and it's really exceptionally effective. Goalkeeper sees that the player by the near post is not going for it (shot or flying header), so he shifts focus to the next player, when out of the blue... goal :)

Thiago, the 'False x'?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:44 pm

panzer wrote:
Commodore wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Pep is a tactical genius and of course our great depth helps a lot.

I don't know how many titles are we going to win this season but I have the feeling that Pep's Bayern will be the best Bayern generation ever. This is just the beginning of it =P~

The beginning were Jupp Heynckes' Bayern.

Guardiola is well on his way, or so it seems at least for now, to continue what Jupp has started. And who knows? Maybe Guardiola is even sick enough to improve on it.

But!

The beginning were Jupp Heynckes' Bayern!

No, beginning were with Van Gaal.
And I don't agree YlonenXabi. When i watch the Bayern's matches, i see Barca. We play like mostly Barca. And i don't like it. We are Bayern, not Barca. I've never wanted Pep in Bayern, still i don't want.

What games are you watching?
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby quaazi » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:33 pm

MUTU wrote:I dub this the "flying chester", and it's really exceptionally effective. Goalkeeper sees that the player by the near post is not going for it (shot or flying header), so he shifts focus to the next player, when out of the blue... goal :)

I think another explanation that I heard from someone is more likely: his Barca instincts took over and he took a dive for a penalty, but just happened to bumble the ball into goal in the process.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Commodore » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:06 pm

panzer wrote:And I don't agree YlonenXabi. When i watch the Bayern's matches, i see Barca. We play like mostly Barca. And i don't like it. We are Bayern, not Barca. I've never wanted Pep in Bayern, still i don't want.

I have a solution for you. Click THIS LINK. Or THIS ONE.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:18 pm

MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby jaybayern » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:42 pm

i think I am not the only one that saw how well kroos and thaigo understand each.....they interchange is amazing when thaigo goes in a highier postion kroos slips in to the hold and there passing is great it usually one person who control the tempo of a game but it the both of them control that

another thing i notice is how Pep takes the build of from the back literal....if you notice starke didnt one time made a long pass in the middle of the field.he would just pass it to thiago or another defender to build another attack which give us an undying tempo

next is mueller as a false nine his link up and and movement is great a better cf than manduzkic .........i am gonna be honest i like what i see so far.let see how he in coperates everyone else

oooh and contento the one chance he got to prove himself to challenge he mess it up ..he look like he did know what he was doing and and sloppy takles and link up with ribery was awful.disapointing by him robben and ribery outstanding has usually

and final point with what i see it seem like he (pep) in corporate Barca no position tactic where most of the player roam from different position.......
BAYERN TILL THE DEATH OF ME
jaybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:10 pm

Unfortunately I missed both games this season but it looks like both Kroos and Thiago are in magnificent form. I think that at this point it is almost inevitable that Martinez will be playing as a CB. I hope that works out, but I'm not really a fan of it.

I'm excited to see how a trio of Schweini, Thiago and Kroos behind Ribery, Muller and Gotze works out, although I'm a bit concerned about the lack of Martinez/Gustavo in midfield.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mia san Bayern » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:03 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:ink that at this point it is almost inevitable that Martinez will be playing as a CB.

I don't think that it is almost inevitable that Martinez is going to play as a CB because I think that Boateng has definitely upped his game since the last two years. Whenever someone used to shoot at the goal, Boateng would dive away from the ball but now whenever someone shoots at the goal Boateng jumps in front of the ball which has caused that there were almost no shots on target against Bayern in the Telekom Cup this year. His passing and tackling has also improved. Remember the Champions League final against Dortmund when Boateng gave a great pass to Ribery which led to the second goal.

I also think that Martinez fits the number 6 position better than Thiago because Martinez is a destroyer and I don't think that Thiago is a destroyer (yet) which could make our midfield a bit more vulnerable. But then again we have just played one weekend so it's to early to make assumptions but I do think that if Boateng is going to continue playing this way that it would be hard for him not to get in the starting XI and it would be a shame to bench him, so I do hope that Guardiola will rotate a lot and I think he will. But until then no one knows who Guardiola is going to put in the starting line-up and all we can do now is guess.
Here (at his club of six years Bayern Munich) it is always good, here I am happy and here it's fun. That is more important for me than the national team.
-Franck Ribery-
Mia san Bayern
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Albania

PreviousNext

Return to Friendlies