You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-07-18] Bayern Munich vs Valencia

Discussions on the friendly matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
56%
It will end in a draw
11%
Valencia CF will win
33%

Total votes : 9

Re: [2015-07-18] Bayern Munich vs Valencia

Postby FCB general » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:31 pm

DerKaiser wrote:so the first real game is vs wolfsburg! looking good for that match

Well, Dortmund are down and won't face us in the Super Cup match. Now Wolfsburg are the one who caused troubles to us and let's see this season-opening clash. :)
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby kingbayern » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:32 pm

Mom is definitely muller but thiago was great also and lewy goal was divine
Last edited by kingbayern on Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kingbayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:33 pm

theundead wrote:
tflags wrote:
cimperski wrote:What's up with Götze?

That's a VERY good question.

Neuer and Javi havent played as well. should we think the same about them too?

... Completely different. They haven't disappointed anyone for 2 seasons and they are not being linked with Juventus. If we lose Götze to them, I'm gonna hate the Vidal deal...

Edit: hope Götze is indeed injured. Wouldn't like us giving up on him so soon.
Last edited by PunkCapitalist on Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kingbayern » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:34 pm

Kimmich was great .....he sit back and just distributed the ball effortlessly
kingbayern
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby kingbayern » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:35 pm

Ooh and guardino was very impressive
kingbayern
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby FCB general » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:37 pm

Ulreich is looking good in Bayern shirt. We did the right thing to buy no. 1 from Stuttgart as Neuer's replacement. Still, we have ex-Hoffenheim no. 1 Tom Starke as no. 3 and Ivan Lučić as no. 4. We can't say we aren't covered on GK position.

I've never seen better 4 goalies at Bayern, ever. Even the trio Kahn-Rensing-Dreher weren't close to this 4 guys. :thumbup:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:39 pm

Good to beat a champions league caliber opponent, my top 5: Müller, Lahm, Costa, Lewandowski and Rafinha.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:47 pm

FCB general wrote:Ulreich is looking good in Bayern shirt. We did the right thing to buy no. 1 from Stuttgart as Neuer's replacement. Still, we have ex-Hoffenheim no. 1 Tom Starke as no. 3 and Ivan Lučić as no. 4. We can't say we aren't covered on GK position.

I've never seen better 4 goalies at Bayern, ever. Even the trio Kahn-Rensing-Dreher weren't close to this 4 guys. :thumbup:

Kahn and Rensing the best duo I had seen in bayern, more better than Neuer - Reina. Rensing is by far the best backup goalkeeper that we had.

About Ulreich, we all know that he is a good goalkeeper, deserve to be second choice but he could have a better reaction in Valencia goal.

Also we have to critic youth goalkeeper coaches, having Starke as the third option said bad things of our actual goalkeeper developments.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby prasun77 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:54 pm

Did green and hojbjerg play well?
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby FCB&Paulaner » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:55 pm

Although I don't read too much into this game, a few points to take, ate least in the first 50-60 mins where we were playing most of our first team:
1. First our new signing, Costa. I liked what I saw so far. Very fast, versatile, fights to win the ball back and was always a threat on the wing. Definitely has potential, let's hope he will be consistent. Goetze will have a very tough competition this year. I doubt, he might leave to Juve.
2. Lahm playing on the right wing is always a threat, it means assists, assists, assists. Should go back in the LW. Although he successfully played the CAM occasionally today and provided an assist. =D>
3. Without Ribery and Robben, we will face the same issues as last season. If not for Costa and Lahm being always a threat on the wings, we would have created very few chances. I expect one more signing in that department. In crucial CL games, expect tougher opponents then Valencia, and that might become an issue, same as last season.
4. Muller, Lewa are cold blooded killers. Bayern should hold on to them at any cost.
5. Our defense, hmm... what to say, not bad, but not impressing either. The goal we conceded was very amateurish, if staff like that happens again from time to time we are screwed. At some point, Bernat was trying to defend a header against two guys twice his height. A bit deja vu, but don't know what he was doing there, and what were those guys doing there either, with no one else around to defend. Weird..A new investment in that department wouldn't be a bad one.
6. Not impressed by the youngsters, in the second half, Hjolberg was ok, but still smth was missing in his finishing and passing.
7. Our midfield so far is well set, and with Vidal we will have a good spine, and aggressiveness when needed. Rode needs to work more on his passing if he wants to compete for first team football.
All in all, if we avoid injuries, and invest in one winger and a CB, we are in the right path for this season to compete on all fronts. I doubt Ribery will be 100% fit this season and Robben never played all the games. While with the system we play we haven't yet found the partner of Boateng in defense. Benatia is good, but sometimes he doesn't use his head to read the position. We know how that ends in a CL semi final.
FCB&Paulaner
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB general » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:58 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:Also we have to critic youth goalkeeper coaches, having Starke as the third option said bad things of our actual goalkeeper developments.

Well, I don't know why we bought my compatriot Lučić if we cannot entrust him no. 3 position.

But okay... Neuer will be there for the next 8-10 years.

RAJBAYERN wrote:Kahn and Rensing the best duo I had seen in bayern, more better than Neuer - Reina.

I don't know. It's just Rensing wasn't proven goalkeeper at that time, but still a talent and once Kahn retired we saw that something went wrong with Rensing and neither Klinsmann nor van Gaal couldn't do anything about it.

Walter Junghans was replaced with Frans Hoek as a GK coach, but it didn't help, either.

p.s. Regarding Junghans, I think he works at Bayern as a youth GK coach. At least I saw in the last 2-3 years on Bayern website. All in all, he obviously survived at Bayern and kept his job. :)
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MUTU » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:12 pm

Vote for the players' performance please!

Player Ratings
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:13 pm

Apparently that guy who scored for Valencia, Rodrigo, is Thiago's cousin.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCB&Paulaner » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:18 pm

MUTU wrote:Apparently that guy who scored for Valencia, Rodrigo, is Thiago's cousin.

big family, heh
FCB&Paulaner
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:21 pm

kingbayern wrote:Kimmich was great .....he sit back and just distributed the ball effortlessly

Hopefully the rotation for that DM spot will be 1:Martinez/2:Kimmich/3:Alonso
inactive
bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Friendlies