You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-08-02] Bayern Munich vs SSC Napoli

Discussions on the friendly matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
25%
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
No votes
SSC Napoli will win on penalties
No votes
SSC Napoli will win inside 90 minutes
75%

Total votes : 4

Re: [2017-08-02] Bayern Munich vs SSC Napoli

Postby Ed. » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:10 am

Ollio wrote:I'm really hoping all this humiliation will not be for nothing, and Carlo and the rest of the staff will actually take these issues seriously.

How is this Carlo's fault??
The team is woefully inadequate in offence. People have been going gaga over James coming onboard, but he solves none of the problems we've had in the last 2 yrs.

There is a woeful lack of pace (excluding Robben and perhaps Alaba) in this team. Look at the other top clubs, they've either got pace on the wings or with their fullbacks. That serves not only as an obvious offensive weapon but also as a deterrent and the opponents have to avoid certain tactics like playing high defensively.

In these friendlies, defenders don't put themselves about as much and there is more space and room for the front men to exploit, the fact that we've had most of our attacking players (except Robben) on show and have not made any impression in the opponents half in 3 games can't be dismissed as inconsequential due to the non competitive nature of the games.

The squad was a top 3 squad in europe consistently over the years. Now, I think we are no longer there and sit evenly with a bunch of other teams, which means we are no longer odds on favorites to get through ties vs Liverpool or Manu for example. Also luck & injuries will play a bigger role, whereas these wouldn't have been a big issue in previous seasons against that caliber of teams.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bmguy » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:03 am

We have Gnabry, Coleman, don't you remember? We don't lack pace, just lack of skillful men like Robben + ribery to break through the defense. Germany National team don't have a pacy winger/full backs as well but they play well as a team.
So it's legit to say it's all Carlos and the staff's faults to not be able to put the team on the right condition after so many games.

Now for the future, it's very difficult to find another Robben on the market with a magic left foot, to me, he's our best attacker, very effective with his style of playing. He's a game changer just like Ronaldo, Messi... and we have only one player in our team. :roll: All other wingers we have are fast and strong but nothing special, lack of mazy dribbles and killing finish.

Anyway, I'm not really worried about the new season, as when Carlos can shape up the new frame with the core: vidal, thiago, boateng, hummels, kimmich + robbery to work.

Real madrid are also having a pathetic preseason :mrgreen:
bmguy
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:53 am

America USA wrote:Didn't see the match. Had gone on a date today :mrgreen:

How did the guys do? The result is irrelevant anyway. Were we as bad as we were yesterday against Liverpool? Does the score line really reflect the performance?
"Had gone on a date today"? Wow seems like it really didn't work out, you tried your best to use the past tense and put it behind you
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:38 am

MaCk0y wrote:
MUTU wrote:Any predictions for number of injuries sustained to Bayern players? I say 2.

Yep. 2 also.
We were wrong. :)
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ed. » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:25 pm

bmguy wrote:We have Gnabry, Coleman, don't you remember? We don't lack pace, just lack of skillful men like Robben + ribery to break through the defense.

Please, Gnabry? It will be a pleasant surprise if he gets 10 goal + assists in total this season.
Coman has a lot of promise, I grant you that and he's only 21, but the more I watch him play, the more I feel he is a player that cannot operate is tight areas , i.e as you said, lack of skill. He is good on the ball when he is on a gallop but just does not seem to have that close tight control that would have made him an outstanding talent. He's been with us what close to 2 seasons now? There's been no real improvement in his game. I had hoped he would have improved his finishing by this time, but that's not been the case.

bmguy wrote:Germany National team don't have a pacy winger/full backs as well but they play well as a team.
So it's legit to say it's all Carlos and the staff's faults to not be able to put the team on the right condition after so many games.

Well, you really can't compare international football to club football, do we want to get into that debate? A few countries are blessed with exceptional talent in pacy skillful players in some positions whereas they have to make do with your average run of the mill players in others. That is not the case in club football where clubs are selection top players for bench positions these days. There is no international team out there that has the right personnel to consistently damage the Germany NT, but there are a few club sides that would give them a thorough working over. Btw, draxler and Sane these days provide that pace, but I get your point, the WC winning team did not really have a speed demon.

bmguy wrote:Anyway, I'm not really worried about the new season, as when Carlos can shape up the new frame with the core: vidal, thiago, boateng, hummels, kimmich + robbery to work.

Well, I agree thing won't be as bad as these friendlies seem to indicate but I think if your are expecting improvement over last season then I think that's really really optimistic.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:56 pm

MUTU wrote:

How did the guys do? The result is irrelevant anyway. Were we as bad as we were yesterday against Liverpool? Does the score line really reflect the performance?
"Had gone on a date today"? Wow seems like it really didn't work out, you tried your best to use the past tense and put it behind you

It was okay. However I'm not too optimistic. She has very different interests than myself and seems like she could be a gold digger.

Anyway any links to highlights? Anyone? Player ratings? How did Kimmich, Vidal, Rudy, Sule, Friedl and Coman do? I don't like going to YouTube and other news outlets because of how biased and toxic they are so I come here for all my Bayern needs :wink:
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:10 pm

America USA wrote:
MUTU wrote:

It was okay. However I'm not too optimistic. She has very different interests than myself and seems like she could be a gold digger.

Anyway any links to highlights? Anyone? Player ratings? How did Kimmich, Vidal, Rudy, Sule, Friedl and Coman do? I don't like going to YouTube and other news outlets because of how biased and toxic they are so I come here for all my Bayern needs :wink:

Spoiler: show
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby bmguy » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:54 am

Ed. wrote:
bmguy wrote:We have Gnabry, Coleman, don't you remember? We don't lack pace, just lack of skillful men like Robben + ribery to break through the defense.

Please, Gnabry? It will be a pleasant surprise if he gets 10 goal + assists in total this season.
Coman has a lot of promise, I grant you that and he's only 21, but the more I watch him play, the more I feel he is a player that cannot operate is tight areas , i.e as you said, lack of skill. He is good on the ball when he is on a gallop but just does not seem to have that close tight control that would have made him an outstanding talent. He's been with us what close to 2 seasons now? There's been no real improvement in his game. I had hoped he would have improved his finishing by this time, but that's not been the case.

bmguy wrote:Germany National team don't have a pacy winger/full backs as well but they play well as a team.

bmguy wrote:Anyway, I'm not really worried about the new season, as when Carlos can shape up the new frame with the core: vidal, thiago, boateng, hummels, kimmich + robbery to work.

Well, I agree thing won't be as bad as these friendlies seem to indicate but I think if your are expecting improvement over last season then I think that's really really optimistic.

Well I have to disagree with a few of your points.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/11950 ... rge-Gnabry he scored 11 + 1 assist last season in only 23 games. But I agree he needs to prove the consistency this time.
Please don't compare German football with England where they tend to have 3-4 100meter sprinters in their teams. And for years their results are still inferior to the likes of Spain, France, Germany in both club and national team.

Bayern have been successful for years with the same slow pace squad and with the retirement of Lahm and Alonso, and adding some youngsters, we should be a lot faster.

Btw, draxler and Sane these days provide that pace, but I get your point, the WC winning team did not really have a speed demon.
that does not make sense you know Champion League is on the same size as WC and remember Germany in the last 17 years only won 1 trophy and lost to many teams, so it cannot say noone can damage Germany NT thanks to the consistency on the coaching staff.

Loew is a master on tactics, he's so clever to know what he wants and dare to change to fit the players (used 4 slow CB on WC and won, or change to 3-6-1 formation..) he has unlike Ancelotti, after 2 years, he seems not to know which formation is best suited to the team. James is his best wish and he failed to put him into action, indeed the guy so far has failed to impress on all his strong departments: 0 goal, 0 assist... no final third key pass.

I agree that Bayern lacks the world class wingers to replace Ribery and the team top execs are unwilling to pay for high profile players but instead look around for a potential talents. Coleman as you said above won't make it to be a world class player, at least not under Ancelotti hands. Remember how Pep can change Kimmich, Coleman, Costa to better players and under this new coach, they all look uncertainly. It's his fault to work with youngsters and know how to develop the potential ones.

So hope next year Bayern should try something else:

- let go Ancelotti and bring home a German coach like Tuchel/Nagelsmann who knows how to nurture young talents
- loan out Coleman or sell him, make way for Tillman
- return James back to Real and try to persuade the likes of Dembele to join. The boy can play both in AMC or replace Robben on the right wing.
- get a veteran striker to back up for Lewandowski or even a potential young striker from the reserves.
- say goodbye to Ribery (contract ends on summer 2018) and Rafinha and give a chance to Friedl :mrgreen:
Last edited by bmguy on Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
bmguy
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Lahmies » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:05 am

Coleman? You mean Coman? :lol:
Lahmies
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby bmguy » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:49 am

Lahmies wrote:Coleman? You mean Coman? :lol:

haha i don't remember his name :D . I googled and found this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... lence.html what the heck, now we have 1 more reason to sell him next season. This guy seems not to get along with team mates as well.
bmguy
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Lahmies » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:43 pm

He seems to be getting on fine with Tolisso. I don't put much weight on what english media says.
Lahmies
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Previous

Return to Friendlies