You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2010-08-13] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

Discussions on the friendly matches.

Result

Poll ended at Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:05 pm

Bayern Win
64%
Real Madrid Win
14%
Draw
21%

Total votes : 14

Re: [2010-08-13] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

Postby draconaut » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:02 am

Y schweinsteiger(at the beginning) and Lahm did not start the game??why lahm is not fit???
draconaut
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby dambun » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:31 am

It was a nice and entertaining evening... Our team played very good in the most parts of the match, even with many of our reserves... and that's mark of a real functioning team, which pleases me the most...

Some notes on the match...
1. I really don't know why Lahm didn't participate in the match at all!.... But one of my essential worries about this season has got fairly eliminated:
I always said I don't know who will be our backup RB, in case Lahm isn't playing.... I was surprised to see a former midfielder, whom has been brought from the a Regionalliga side this summer, namely Nicolas Juelich, played the whole 90 minutes, and mostly as RB... and what a nice surprise... He was pretty good for a guy without any experience of playing against such a classy opponent in front of a big crowd...

2. Pranjic... he had a very very good game... I was really surprised... he can be a great backup...

3. In the first 20 minutes of the match, Contento's defensive performance was rather poor... he let his opponent (I guess Pedro Leon) send some dangerous crosses which could have been a goal another day... but after that, he was very good...

4. Braafheid... he was not that good, but better than I expected

5. for a guy who is training with the squad just for 7-8 days, he was brilliant... he showed flashes of his great capabilities throughout the game and was unlucky that he didn't score... I am very hopeful about him in the new season...

6. Klose... he was unable to score, but he continued his recent good form... I'm really happy to see him playing well again, and I believe he has a better form compared to Gomez and Olic, and will probably start as our 1st striker...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby eddinanM3 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:56 am

I was also impressed with the skill of Jullich on the ball and his passing wasn't bad either, he looked pretty comfortable at RB and looked like he could handle the spot if Lahm picks up a knock or needs a break from the hectic schedule when Bayern are competing in all three competitions later on. Defensively I didn't see any problems from him either and when you consider that very few of his opponents will will have the speed and skill of Ronaldo then things look even brighter. Central defender spot still worries me though and I hope whoever LVG pairs with Badstuber it is the right choice and Schweini and MVB can help minimize the damage.

If Robben and Ribery both ever hit full speed then even Iker and his angel wings won't stop us! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
eddinanM3
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Zer0 Bayern » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:59 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Since someone brought up the subject of a GK, I want to say that I want to see Kraft play this season. Call me crazy if you want (because I'm judging after just two games), but seriously, the kid looks like he has talent, and he can't be much worse than Butt. If he fails, we can always put Butt back.

What I mean is, if we're going to give Kraft a chance, maybe we should do it sooner rather than later. If we wait until Butt retires, LVG might be gone by then. I don't know how good he is at raising GK talents though.

I agree with you. Kraft showed his potential in these friendlies.
And I think the "GK transition" Butt--->Kraft, must be made along this season. If Kraft is not convincing by the end of the season, then we can buy a new GK (¿Neuer?) for the next one, but Kraft must have his chance. That's for sure.
And his chance is only possible with Van Gaal as our coach.

Besides, i have to add, Pranjic surprised me; Contento was OK; but we need a world class CB :?
...................................JaBEAST Martínez...................................
Zer0 Bayern
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby eddinanM3 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:04 am

And i was very happy the way the midfield took control of most of the game and was able to connect the passes and work their way through Real's defense, our finishing wasn't there tonight, but Bayern did move the ball all over the place and we kept Real a little bit off their game and didn't allow them to get comfortable with the ball in midfield. We closed down on Real very quickly in change of possession and didn't allow them the oppertunities they wanted or are used too!
eddinanM3
I post all the time

Postby appudds » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:57 am

Sell Off Braafheid and Sosa....
They are a bad omen for us...!
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:30 am

Psychaz wrote:i know Kraft played well not sure about playing him against top bundesliga opposition though, and Butt did play really well last season, i would play Kraft against easier teams in the bundesliga though

I would start by playing him against mid-table to lower teams and slowly start playing him against top teams too (if he impresses of course). The quicker it happens, the better, but we shouldn't risk any trophies because of it.

And yes, Pranjic was great. I'd say he's my no.1 CM backup right now, and with MVB here, he'll get plenty of time to play. :lol:

That young RB was ok. Good backup, but nothing special.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:38 am

dambun wrote:6. Klose... he was unable to score, but he continued his recent good form... I'm really happy to see him playing well again, and I believe he has a better form compared to Gomez and Olic, and will probably start as our 1st striker...

Klose was good, but I think we could have used Olic's pace better yesterday.

Zer0 Bayern wrote:Besides, i have to add, Pranjic surprised me; Contento was OK; but we need a world class CB

Yes, about CB, we definitely need a new one. We saw what our defense is like with Badstuber+Micho and Badstuber+Van Buyten now, and any hopes of one of them somehow becoming good has gone. We need someone fast. He doesn't need to be one of the best CBs around, just good enough and fast. Of course, if they bring someone world-class, all the better.

Apart from that, you have to say, they've done a great job. They got us a new LB, a new AM, a new RB backup, and possibly a new GK for the future. Also, a new CB, but we don't know how good he will be yet. All this without a single transfer. :mrgreen:
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby armbrust » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:01 am

Seing the mandrilds winning against us in allianz its te worst nigthmare for me, no matther if its a U13 game.

At least we dominate them, and the good news is that we found another good prospect from no where: jullich. Our young quarry is one of the best in the world and thats make me a proud FCB fan.

Scheini was amazing but that is expected from him coming in rested.

Muller simply WC, believe it or not but for me this was the best display ever from muller and from now i rate him over kroos, i need to re think my line up now.

With all the anger that this produce to me, today i have to admit that casillas is the best keeper in the world,and what most amaze me is that he only is 1,85 tall.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby draconaut » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:04 am

Yeah,total respect for Casillas #-o and cant we hire Usain Bolt to train our CB to run better??? :lol:
draconaut
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:07 am

slyk wrote: hopefully another player that can transition well from the youth academy in the future.....

Jullich is actually A Midfielder (Winger and CAM)

Also he is not from our academy

Bayenr II Has signed him in June 2010 From Mannheim
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Alen » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:13 pm

In my opinion the player played well, despite we missed Robben, Schweinsteiger, Lahm and Olič. From what I have seen from Nicolas Jüllich, I am sure, that he can develop in a great player!
Alen
Getting the hang of it

Birthday

Postby slyk » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:42 pm

Element wrote:
slyk wrote: hopefully another player that can transition well from the youth academy in the future.....

Jullich is actually A Midfielder (Winger and CAM)

Also he is not from our academy

Bayenr II Has signed him in June 2010 From Mannheim

Yes i know he got signed from mannheim, but he will be playing in Bayern II, and hopefully progress to Bayern in the near future.....i guess reserve team would have been more accurate...
Last edited by slyk on Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slyk
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby dambun » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:17 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Klose was good, but I think we could have used Olic's pace better yesterday.

I don't think so.... Klose is better on combinational moves...
a speedy striker is most useful when the opponent's defense line actually comes forward... not against Mourinho's team...

Element wrote:Jullich is actually A Midfielder (Winger and CAM)

Yet he easily stood in for Lahm... and had a convincing display :D
It reminds me of Sagnol, who before coming to Bayern had some experiences of playing as AM....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:22 pm

dambun wrote:I don't think so.... Klose is better on combinational moves...
a speedy striker is most useful when the opponent's defense line actually comes forward... not against Mourinho's team...

There were times were we found it hard to get inside the penalty area though. Olic's speed might have helped us get past the defense. I may be wrong though.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Friendlies