You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-08-01] Bayern Munich vs Liverpool

Discussions on the friendly matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
57%
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
14%
Liverpool F.C. will win on penalties
No votes
Liverpool F.C. will win inside 90 minutes
29%

Total votes : 7

Re: [2017-08-01] Bayern Munich vs Liverpool

Postby Lou-Diamonds » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:14 am

I think it's the manner in which we've lost/played in these games that's most concerning. I don't care about the results as they literally count for nothing, but only as long as we've used the pre-season to experiment and evolve....which we haven't done. We've played with pretty much the same formation and tactics in each game and it's more or less the same formation and tactics that we played with throughout most of last season.

I like Ancelotti, I've liked him down the years, but a year into the job I now feel it's fair to admit I've spent the past year lying to myself that he's good for the team. I feel like he hasn't particularly brought anything to the table, there's been no particular improvement to the team, no shift in style, we've just kind of coasted along.

These pre-season games have also highlighted how much the team lacks pace, in my opinion, both individually and in our play. Outside of Coman and Robben there's just not much speed and (perhaps as a result) we tend to knock the ball around in a somewhat pedestrian manner. I think it also plays a part in our vulnerability to counters - due to holding onto posession for so long and at such a mediocre pace, our entire team pushes up, and the second we lose posession, we are caught out. More than ever I think this pre-season have shown that we needed to buy a pacey winger/attacker and we need to make some tactical changes.

I mean, look at Liverpool tonight (and last season), they attack at breakneck speed, ruthlessly and efficiently. Imagine if we played a little more like that except with Hummels, Boateng (Javi, Süle) and Neuer at the back instead of Liverpool's defence.

I just really think there needs to be a change in style, possibly even a drastic change, if we want to evolve and get further in the Champions League.
Lou-Diamonds
Getting the hang of it

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:39 am

=D> =D> =D> =D> For this marketing bullshit putting the spotlight on Bayern in useless high profile pre-season matches just a couple of days before the Super Cup and the usual lazy twats making the team look like a sunday football club.

This sums it up
Spoiler: show
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:53 am

IsiahRashad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby tflags » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:16 am

Guys, the team is playing wet and under two different time zones right now. That plus a couple of under-performers were a recipe for disaster. Let's wait until Saturday to sound the alarm, will ya?

Effenberg777 wrote:Ohhh calm down sissy girls

Regrettable. Please stop the trolling.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby lespharesjaunes » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:39 am

We will all agree with the fact that our middlefield is not as good as before. Renato Sanches and Tolisso lack of experience, and Tolisso was guilty for one/maybe two goals. But in my opinion, the other problem is Xavi Martinez. He was bad in the previous game in the middlefield, and now he is bad as a central defender. Bad reading of the game, lack of anticipation and too slow. I hope Boateng will come back at his best, we also have Süle.
For the middlefield, we miss Vidal, but he is not fully trustable defensively. Maybe Rudy will do the job.
We really need someone that can organise the game, trustable and clever. It's hard for me to say that (as i hated him a lot for being so slow) but i already miss Alonso…
lespharesjaunes
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:44 am

tflags wrote:Let's wait until Saturday to sound the alarm, will ya?

We could, but in any case Rummenigge says we have two weeks, so it seems like whatever happens on Saturday won't matter. Nor in the DFB-Pokal.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:18 pm

Do you think that Alaba and James might have wanted to clear off themselves from yesterday's game?
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Roonzil » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:31 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Do you think that Alaba and James might have wanted to clear off themselves from yesterday's game?

What do you mean "clear off"?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby #12 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:44 pm

Lou-Diamonds wrote:I think it's the manner in which we've lost/played in these games that's most concerning. I don't care about the results as they literally count for nothing, but only as long as we've used the pre-season to experiment and evolve....which we haven't done. We've played with pretty much the same formation and tactics in each game and it's more or less the same formation and tactics that we played with throughout most of last season.

I like Ancelotti, I've liked him down the years, but a year into the job I now feel it's fair to admit I've spent the past year lying to myself that he's good for the team. I feel like he hasn't particularly brought anything to the table, there's been no particular improvement to the team, no shift in style, we've just kind of coasted along.

These pre-season games have also highlighted how much the team lacks pace, in my opinion, both individually and in our play. Outside of Coman and Robben there's just not much speed and (perhaps as a result) we tend to knock the ball around in a somewhat pedestrian manner. I think it also plays a part in our vulnerability to counters - due to holding onto posession for so long and at such a mediocre pace, our entire team pushes up, and the second we lose posession, we are caught out. More than ever I think this pre-season have shown that we needed to buy a pacey winger/attacker and we need to make some tactical changes.

I mean, look at Liverpool tonight (and last season), they attack at breakneck speed, ruthlessly and efficiently. Imagine if we played a little more like that except with Hummels, Boateng (Javi, Süle) and Neuer at the back instead of Liverpool's defence.

I just really think there needs to be a change in style, possibly even a drastic change, if we want to evolve and get further in the Champions League.

Interesting analysis... Unfortunately, you will be branded a "pessimist" and as one who adores flashy or shiny players instead of the ones who "really" benefit the team... And once those (Brandt) are here, the very same people will find different excuses...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:24 pm

Roonzil wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Do you think that Alaba and James might have wanted to clear off themselves from yesterday's game?

Fake a slight injury just to leave the game
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:39 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
Roonzil wrote:

Fake a slight injury just to leave the game

You're accusing them of almost doing a Carlos Tevez?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lou-Diamonds » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:01 pm

#12 wrote:
Lou-Diamonds wrote:I think it's the manner in which we've lost/played in these games that's most concerning. I don't care about the results as they literally count for nothing, but only as long as we've used the pre-season to experiment and evolve....which we haven't done. We've played with pretty much the same formation and tactics in each game and it's more or less the same formation and tactics that we played with throughout most of last season.

Interesting analysis... Unfortunately, you will be branded a "pessimist" and as one who adores flashy or shiny players instead of the ones who "really" benefit the team... And once those (Brandt) are here, the very same people will find different excuses...

I'm not necessarily talking about 'flashy or shiny' players, just someone that scares defenders when they pick up the ball. To use a topical example: Sadio Mané. I don't think he'd be considered a 'flashy or shiny' player, I think most people would consider him a team player, someone who has a fantastic work ethic BUT is absolutely deadly when attacking and terrifies defenders due to the speed at which he attacks. I think someone like Mané would bring a whole new angle for the team. In fact, I'd even say we should look into the possibility of signing Mané himself (maybe it could be a possibility next season).

There's a difference between a fast, ruthless attacker and a 'shiny or flashy' player. It's also interesting that you're the only one who has said as such.
Lou-Diamonds
Getting the hang of it

Postby #12 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:38 pm

It's sarcasm dude... Cause I've been arguing for ages that Brandt is none of that...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Lou-Diamonds » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:15 pm

No I got that, I was simply saying it's interesting that nobody suggested that as you expected. Perhaps someone like Mané is the right balance between the player that's good for the team and the 'flashy' player.
Lou-Diamonds
Getting the hang of it

Postby #12 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:20 pm

Maybe... There's others too...

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Friendlies