You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-07-19] Bayern Munich vs Hamburg SV

Discussions on the friendly matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:23 am

Bayern Munich will win after 90 mins
100%
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
No votes
Hamburg SV will win on penalties
No votes
Hamburg SV will win after 90 mins
No votes

Total votes : 7

Re: [2011-07-19] Bayern Munich vs Hamburg SV

Postby AvatarX » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:37 am

Apart from the obvious flaws in defense, I am really disappointed in
- Schweini ( he has to perform well very long time - I think after his renewal)
- Robben (we need him to be a bit more involved - a match changer - at least Ribery missed some, along with some pace but he was involved all the time)
- Gomez. I think he doesn't feel the competition after a very good year and he doesn't try enough. He lost the ball many times inside the box and he should have been subbed in the last minutes for Petersen or Olic.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby zippy » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:21 am

The defence was absolutely crap and shows why it needs replacing. Van Buyten and Badstuber are like Laurel and Hardy, the pair of them are useless.
Thankfully that defence line up will not play in the league, Badstuber will go the way of Lell imo, hugely overrated. We need another central defender alongside Boateng. Lahm was the only decent defender we have until Heynckes started buying.

Ribery was up for it, Gomez had one of his off days though. First goal was Neuer's, he looke like he was flagging down a taxi.

Result doesn't matter though.
zippy
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby CroCHEF » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:03 am

i think that only problem was poll

Bayern Munich will win after 90 mins
if we play 90 we will win :(
CroCHEF
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby dambun » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:14 pm

Payam wrote:Honestly, what is wrong with our defence?\
Every time the opponent has the ball in our half of the pitch, irregardless of who, know that something bad is about to happen.We have tried rotation (Rotation year ala LvG), and if this BaBoa duo (Boateng and Badstuber) doesn't work, I don't see any solution too this except going the way of the Perez, spending big on established stars.
A complete revamp. Loan out Badstuber, do whatever ye will with Breno and buy a completely new central defence.

That's it.... I have the same feeling about it... every time someone passes the mid-line, I get worried.... even if it's only 2-3 of Hamburg youngsters... I think the players have the same feeling too.... They lack confidence in defense.... Of course the defensive line used yesterday has some serious lackings, e.g., pace.... But I've also seen teams with worse defenders play better than this.... I think the lack of confidence in defense is obvious... Our defensive players, especially Badstuber lack enough aggression too.... They look too nice and too passive.... they give the opponents too much of space and time to think.... Maybe they are afraid to go ahead and press the attacking opponent, because they fear he can get past them, and then they can not fix it because of their low speed....

On the other hand, we could not have possibly expected our team to play with a flawless defense.... Yesterday's CB-duo were DvB-Badstuber after all.... and There was a young inexperienced RB named Koez there too.... Plus after a couple of weeks in fitness training, it's too soon for the players to be in top physical condition.... I'm still hopeful that we will have a great defense this year, no matter we sign a new defender or not....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

Postby dambun » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:45 pm

AvatarX wrote:Apart from the obvious flaws in defense, I am really disappointed in
- Schweini ( he has to perform well very long time - I think after his renewal)
- Robben (we need him to be a bit more involved - a match changer - at least Ribery missed some, along with some pace but he was involved all the time)
- Gomez. I think he doesn't feel the competition after a very good year and he doesn't try enough. He lost the ball many times inside the box and he should have been subbed in the last minutes for Petersen or Olic.

I agree completely....

* Schweini: He needs to ask himself, what he was really doing on the pitch.... I mean can one say that he was a big influence in our attacking plans? the answer is No!.... Was he too important/helpful in our team's defensive mechanism? The answer is again a clear No!... It's really a shame, because we can really see that he is a great player... the class is obviously there, but it's not being used.... I think our coaching staff/tactical planners need to redefine Schweinsteiger's role in the team... It's a shame for such great capabilities to go to waste!

* Robben It seemed he didn't care too much! Maybe because it was a friendly? he didn't want to get injured before the league... or maybe because Koez was too afraid to go forward and do some overlaps, so he didn't open up much space for Robben, unlike Lahm last year.... Anyway... Robben was below par!

* Gomez I doubt he does not try enough, because he definitely does not want to go back to that shitty first year... But yeah... I really would have given Petersen a chance yesterday...

And even Mueller was not in a good form... But our attacking players were not much coordinated in their moves and Mueller is a player who plays with his mind.... So I'll give him the benefit of a doubt.... He'll be at his best once the team's harmony increases....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

Postby The Spyware » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:57 pm

I didn't see the match and I didn't see any minute of Bayern since the last game of last season but about Schweini I think it's clear that there's an injury problem with him ,, The matter of his toe

well first Schweini is a player with extremely few injuries but all of a sudden the Toe problem appear last year and then he continued playing and he wasn't playing well to the end of the season and then the fact appeared after the season end when it was announced that he was the injured all that time but he continued playing with it and the he withdrew from the NT matches then ..

And okay this pre-season started and then we heard that he stopped training because of his TOE AGAIN ! which mean that injury hasn't been cured yet and it still hampering him .. I dunno if it need surgery and he doesn't want to stop along time for surgery and rehabilitation and he will continue to live with it ,, or where is the fact is but the clear thing that he still have a problem with it !
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby MrLinky » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:04 pm

AvatarX wrote:- Gomez. I think he doesn't feel the competition after a very good year and he doesn't try enough. He lost the ball many times inside the box and he should have been subbed in the last minutes for Petersen or Olic.

I didn't think he was as bad as people made him out to be some time ago, and I don't think he's as good as other people have been making him out to be lately. He's scored truckloads of goals for us last season, with his left, with his right and with his head. He was on fire, and I give him credit for scoring in big matches, for doing everything to win and for carrying us when no one out of our team seemed to be capable of pushing the ball over the line. But every attacker's streak ends, and there are phases when nothing seems to be going for you and the ball just doesn't want to travel in. I ask this question, of what value is he for us then? I do acknowledge that he's made a significant step forward last season in that regard, specifically in cooperating with his teammates but there's still a lot he needs to work on. Ball-control, first touch, short-range passing are all improvable technical areas for him. He seems very clumsy in his ball-handling at times, you rarely see him contributing in effective combinations, outside of the box he usually just slows down our play. We're talking about criticizing on a very high level here for a guy who has scored 28 goals in 32 BL-games and 8 goals in 8 CL-games, but there is still plenty of room for improvement for him, particularly when he’s not scoring.

One problem of ours that hasn't been picked out as a central theme here is the lack of creativity down the middle, or at least I haven't seen it. Gomez, as pointed out above, can't provide that for us. Muller is simply not an offensive-midfielder of Ozil's type for example and he can't build up play from deep, he's a shadow-attacker that plays off of the central striker up front and that's what he's great at. Or as a winger as shown with Germany, but not as a modern #10. Schweinsteiger has been chasing his form all last season and has been playing well below par since the World-Cup, especially in last season's Ruckrunde. While Gustavo still needs time to grow into that role, at Hoffenheim he was playing in a counter-attacking system with quick vertical football, that's not possible at Bayern most of the time. Our wings usually get double or even triple teamed, you’re logically gonna get more space down the middle as a result of that. The attacking trio behind Gomez consists of flexible players, who can all cover all of those 3 positions, I think rotation is the key here and we're not getting the most out of that.

These are things I've monitored during last season and were confirmed last night against Hamburg. It's still early to make final judgements and we should be patient, the team just needs more training time. If they continue playing like this in 2 weeks time, then we'll have something to worry about.
Last edited by MrLinky on Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:14 pm

HSV spokesman defined Badstuber's foul on Son as a "murderous attack" :roll:

Source: http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fc-bayern ... 29926.html
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Payam » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:23 pm

That tackle barely hit, I was actually surprised that many of the HSV players started diving and convering their faces (Barceloni style) in a FRIENDLY cup.
Bad style.
I'll paint any car for 3.95.
Payam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby MrLinky » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:33 pm

The tackle was completely uncalled-for, especially in a 60-minute friendly. But labelling it a "murderous attack"? It was a harsh foul, it was unnecessary, but that's just blowing it out of proportion. And how all the Hamburg players came charging at him, like a little pack of pubescent teenagers feeling all tough.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby quaazi » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:34 pm

Jesus, you'd think they'd be getting over it. I didn't like it either and was very pissed at him during the game, but he didn't even hit, let alone injure him, so just let it go.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Aequitas1987 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:27 pm

Gustavo - Boateng might be the most stable Central Defense pairing we can have going into next season and I would like to see Kroos or Tymo start at CDM next to Schweini, I think that is the best we can expect.

Kroos definitely brings more creativity and distribution to the center and Gustavo and Boateng are aggressive / good in headers and quick so we need both of them at the back. I want Gustavo in the starting lineup, if he cant make it as CDM (because hes not creative enough) then at the backline.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby The Spyware » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:28 pm

^^ I love your Love for Gustavo :lol: because I love him in the same way and I am have huge faith in his abilities
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Egypt

Previous

Return to Friendlies