You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-07-27] Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona

Discussions on the friendly matches.

Result?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:33 am

Bayern Munich will win after 90 mins
41%
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
12%
FC Barcelona will win on penalties
6%
FC Barcelona will win after 90 mins
41%

Total votes : 17

Re: [2011-07-27] Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona

Postby MUTU » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:15 pm

I don't know about you guys, but I felt pretty embarassed when the ref whistled the final whistle. Most of our best XI were playing at that time, and Barcelona only had Pique from their first XI.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Payam » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:25 pm

We rarely got a sniff of the ball and when we did, either Pranjic or Petersen would hastily misplace the ball to a Barcelona player.
But I'm still very, very happy.
Believe it or not, we actually defended! Against Barcelona! And we defended good! :)
How often can we say that?
I'll paint any car for 3.95.
Payam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby MUTU » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:40 pm

Payam wrote:We rarely got a sniff of the ball and when we did, either Pranjic or Petersen would hastily misplace the ball to a Barcelona player.
But I'm still very, very happy.
Believe it or not, we actually defended! Against Barcelona! And we defended good! :)
How often can we say that?

I wish I could be so optimistic... we let in 2 goals against Barcelona II, at home. How is that good defending?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:50 am

Barcelona played with Valdes, Iniesta, Pedro, Villa... while we played with Usami, Alaba, Petersen... new players that need to adapt to the team. They had 2 or 3 goal chances and they scored two. Alaba had the best goal chance of the match with 0-0.

The guy who scored the two goals (Thiago) is going to be a great player. Barcelona fans don't want to buy Cesc Fabregas because they love Thiago and they know he will be a great player. The only guy who wants Fabregas is Guardiola.

They played much better even with some youngsters because all their players have been playing with the same tactics and formations since they were kids. That's why Barça can play in the same way even with youngsters. Their "B" team finished third in Spanish Second Division and played a lot of awesome games.

Those young players individually can be not that good, but as a team playing with FC Barcelona tactics they are great.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby bayernman » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:07 am

i hope that this season would be better than a last one...........but very hard,new manager don t have ideas like LVG......Barca B beat Bayern with 2 : 0,bad times for Bayern
bayernman
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Payam » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:53 am

-------------Butt
Rafinha - Boateng - Bad - Contento
--------Pranjic Gustavo
Usami------------------ Alaba
-------------------Olic
-----------Petersen

This was our starting lineup. I don't know why you are so sad losing to Barcelona fielding these attacking player who have not been playing regurarly together against their reserves who actually have been playing together for years.
Also as Xabi said, their system is worked on from the moment they start in the academy. Our changes with the coach. Difference is that they always know how to play, when to play it.

But with the chances presented to us we should have at least scored one or two.
We had more chances than they, but they scored with theirs.
Payam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby tflags » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:10 am

MUTU wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I felt pretty embarassed when the ref whistled the final whistle. Most of our best XI were playing at that time, and Barcelona only had Pique from their first XI.

What about Iniesta? Our B team didn't even include Neuer. Other than Boateng & Rafinha, these guys were back ups. I wonder if Lahm would have let that first goal in as Contento did. You cannot expect Gomez & Co. to score against any team in 15 minutes... There were extremely important conclusions on the Barza game. Ollic is by no means game fit. Petersen is too slow and needs to improve quite a bit, Usami has great potential and Gustavo is a solid CDM. I wonder if Pranjic played. No wait, he did. Did he? Oh darn. Boateng had a solid performance and oh gosh, oh God, I can't believe this, I need to say Badstuber wasn't half Bad. Breathing now.
Anyhow this might be Barza B team, but it was our FCB C+ team. They WILL get better and unless we crash FCB bus with the A team on board, I don't see us playing any CL game with ALL of the B guys again.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby zippy » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:27 am

Bayern reserves v Barcelona reserves for much of the game, in fact Barcelona started with more regulars than we did.
In that respect I was quite happy with the game as a work out, I couldn't care less about the score. Petersen looked as though he will turn out ok and I was generally pleased with the work rate.
Barcelona's reserves would be high up in any top league so imo this was a decent effort in a pre-season game. No more no less.
zippy
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:04 pm

Personally I am happy with the game against Barca. Of course, I wish we had won, but in the starting lineup Barca fielded a much better team. It is just a friendly, so I tend to disregard the result. I saw positives in the game. Our defense was quite good (Barca were missing Xavi and Messi, but Villa, Pedro and Iniesta all started the game). The second goal we let in could hardly have been defended at all. To me, it seemed like Badstuber played much better alongside Boateng than alongside anyone else he's ever played with. Boateng himself was very good. The best was Usami though, I really enjoyed watching him play. When we were 1-0 and I was hoping for an equalizer, I was like "pass the ball to Usami!!" every time we had possession, as if he was Robben or something. :lol:

Petersen was ok. He is by no means at the level of a starter yet, but he had a few good shots in general. I think he'll be a good backup.

Pranjic must either be played on the wings or else not at all. I never want to say him at CM or in defense again.

BTW Alaba missed a one-on-one at one point. I hope we don't see any of that when the season starts.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby johndear » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:52 pm

MUTU wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I felt pretty embarassed when the ref whistled the final whistle. Most of our best XI were playing at that time, and Barcelona only had Pique from their first XI.

I felt the same way, wasn't like we lost to INTER at home but still felt like BVB beat us at home. I understand why we lost but we have 6 SOG and they have 4 SOG . i don't mind 2:1 or 2:2 but 2:0 is just depression.

Instead of fielding 4-3-2-1 i would like - 4-4-3 at staring line up and we have to have Tymo and Gustavo in CDM . so we know if they both can maintain Barca midfield.

Second goal is very careless we should have CDM blocking every shot from outside of the box. think happen in Manu and Barca friendly game they need to man mark these guys...don't let them shot.... i like the way Madrid play against Barca... if Madrid have 2 ronaldo at front they can beat Barca anytime. Barca have problem beating Madrid on 11 to 11 before becasue you know right? we have Robbery should be able to beat them.

if we meet again i want to see this line up ---

Neuer

Rafi Boateng badstud Lam

Tymo Bastian Gustavo

Robben (Kroos/Muller) Ribery
All's Fair In LOVE and WAR
johndear
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:07 pm

Why no Gomez?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:13 pm

My guess is because we can't spare a dedicated poacher up front when trying to contend with Barca's midfield. I don't agree with it, but it's one line of reasoning.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby johndear » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:03 pm

quaazi wrote:My guess is because we can't spare a dedicated poacher up front when trying to contend with Barca's midfield. I don't agree with it, but it's one line of reasoning.

Yes... Gomez is good but not for Barca game. Muller can create or score plus first touch advantage. we might only have very fews chances and need to covert those to goal.

I have been checking all Barca game in CL last years. Nobody have more than 5 SOG against them. only 2 goals max out of 5. so if we are lucky we can have more than 5 SOG.

FC Bayern last years CL max SOG 8 = max Goal convert 2 those are home game. vs Barca lowest SOG 3 = convert 2 goals.

so we've seen it again with us on this friendly Barca 4 SOG = convert 2 goals .

so problem is they are not only playing good as a team also converting SOG to G rate is very high , probably highest in CL....
All's Fair In LOVE and WAR
johndear
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Payam » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:46 pm

johndear wrote:
Instead of fielding 4-3-2-1 i would like - 4-4-3 at staring line..

I agree with this, Barca is to good. Every other team should be allowed one extra player against them :lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet some coaches would give their first born to have a "Beating FC Barcelona for Dummies" manual. :mrgreen:
Payam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:55 pm

BTW Thiago scored another great goal against ManU yesterday. It was like Özil against Ghana in the World Cup. This is my last post here, no more offtopic :)
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to Friendlies