You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-07-27] Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona

Discussions on the friendly matches.

Result?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:33 am

Bayern Munich will win after 90 mins
41%
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
12%
FC Barcelona will win on penalties
6%
FC Barcelona will win after 90 mins
41%

Total votes : 17

Re: [2011-07-27] Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona

Postby uzi716 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:46 pm

No shame in losing to Barca, I liked what I saw today.

Usami showed skill, Boateng gave us a preview of things to come and Gustavo showed what he can really do. Overall I'm happy. =D>
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby walter » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:36 pm

München Minded wrote:I just don't know how we will beat them with getting Alexis Sanchez and possibly fabregas. They are just strengthening an already strong team.

That's the same question every other serious CL contender (e.g. Real, ManU, Arsenal, Chelsea) is trying to answer at the moment. The truth is Barcelona are light years ahead of everyone else. They are in a league of their own and it will be like that for the next few years. It sucks, I know, but there is not much we can do, especially if we keep letting some our top domestic players go to Real (e.g Ozil, Sahin, Khedira) instead of making a real effort to bring them to Bayern (at least some of them). I mean, we could've certainly used Ozil's magic to break well organized defenses easier. The point that some forum members have made here that "we don't need him, where would Muller play?" is not valid because Muller will be playing in place of Robbery more often than in CAM; which brings the following: it's also silly to say we don't need to buy another top class winger because we have Robbery considering how obvious it is that either one of them will hardly play 20 games per season tops (icluding all leagues). Robbery brings lots of flair and magic to Bayern, but it's time we realize that to compete at the highest level we need a team that is equally good when they can't play.
Last edited by walter on Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Fearless » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:06 am

I totally agree with what you say mate, but Khedira is trash, i'm delighted that we didn't buy him..
Fearless
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:09 am

Jerome Boateng is great.

I think that this team lacks a real CAM. Müller is a great player so he can do well playing there, but he is not a real CAM. That's why I wanted Diego even though he is a very unprofessional guy. With a midfielder like that the team is not sooooooo predictable.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:13 am

Fearless wrote:Khedira is trash, i'm delighted that we didn't buy him..

NO WAY man.

Khedira is a great CM. I wish we could have bought last year. His tactical awareness is awesome and he can also get involved in passes and combinations as he does when he is playing with the NT. When he plays with Mourinho he is a different player and he just adapts to what the coach wants. Mourinho wants him to be a DEFENDING player. Sami explained it in an interview when he was asked about "why does he play much more offensive with Germany"
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby The Spyware » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:17 am

Hey Gustavo was fantastic today in the first half apart from his over agressivness and unnecessary fouls , But it was clear that he was the only confident player with the ball in the first 45 and the only one getting past Barca players and building attacks and cutting distance bwith the ball box to box in our midfield ,, sadly the guy playing beside him was a hell of shit
in the second he was tired
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby The Spyware » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:32 am

Some points IMO I wanna mention

1/LVG was talking about a tactical impeding in having three right footed guys in the left side of the pitch which is impeding our creativity much from that wing
U can see when the ball reach Ribery-Mueller / Lahm / Tymo-Schweini they are ALL having the same sole option which is cutting inside to get the ball to their right and you see no one offering the proper width and when he offers it and receive the ball hugging the line you see him return again and cut inside ,, that was Obvious yesterday

Two or three years ago Lahm / Ribery combo was GREAT because we had then Ze Roberto who is a fantastic LEFT FOOTED player that was always offering that lacking ring now in our attacks from the left

So I think that is a reason that we should have Gustavo as our Left CDM

See yesterday we had both CDMS/CAM/LW/Striker/LB all right footed which was creating disability in every attack from the left because all the players wanted to da the SAME thing

2/ It is OBVIOUS also that after Ribery injury Heynckes will rely on Kroos as CAM and Mueller as LW
Mueller as a LW has always failed to Impress .. Also Kroos is still much lazy and average in moving off the ball forward and continously opening channels and offering space , you always see him standing in the middle waiting for the ball which is a classic type of number 10 , this guy SHOULD watch OZIL or Kagawa and see how should he move forward off the ball ,, he has awesome ball skills with both feets but his Laziness an d being static still impedes him ,,, It would be better now that he plays on the left and Mueller return to center it would be more benfetial IMO

3/ all our new signing are looking Very good ,, apart from Petersen of course but Boateng seems very confident and offered things we really lacked before ,, Rafinha is also pretty solid offensively and defensively

4/ Alaba = TOP ,, he has matured alot and he is really playing like a 28 years guy not 17 , I am really delighted with his development

5/Being obliged to stand Gomez as our Star striker another season is a misery

6/some players SHOULD leave as Pranijc and Van Buyten
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby munchen99 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:50 am

Boateng was awesome? i only watched the highlights so can't tell- but goal.com gave him a 4.0 rating! lol
munchen99
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:58 am

He had a couple of dramatic tackles and clearances, and neither of the goals were really his fault, so I'd say he did good at least, especially for a debut.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby CroCHEF » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:06 am

munchen99 wrote:Boateng was awesome? i only watched the highlights so can't tell- but goal.com gave him a 4.0 rating! lol

Stupid goal.com
On all sports forum they say that Boateng was good (and more)
I bet that they didnt even watch game, they just put ratings on score at end.
CroCHEF
I post all the time

Postby cyberalex » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:25 pm

On the other hand, new signing Jerome Boateng was a rock in the centre: his pace and leaping ability alone allowed him to cover more territory than Daniel Van Buyten had against Milan, but the former Hamburg man was alert and decisive in defence. Even Holger Badstuber looked better alongside him.

- Again, I'm quoting Clark Whitney and in general, I tend to agree with him. I'm encouraged by what I saw and I believe things will improve with Boateng. To which extent? that remains to be seen.

- Usami showed good flashes but faded a bit as the game went on, partly because he had a left winger playing behind him as right wing?????

- Last but not least, the GK issue. With all due respect to Butt, but Neuer comes from a different planet (light years away from Butt's). A small detail but with huge importance to me: Ball clearance with the foot. Each time Butt clears the ball, I feel the opposing team will have it again. With Neuer, even if we don't get the cleared ball, at least, we can oblige the opposition on the back foot for a minute and force them to withdraw a bit.
cyberalex
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby supra969 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:44 pm

München Minded wrote:I just don't know how we will beat them with getting Alexis Sanchez and possibly fabregas. They are just strengthening an already strong team.

sir nothing is impossible every club has a weakness down inside
barca may have world class evrey thing except goalkeepers
i love teams that park the bus
supra969
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:07 pm

cyberalex wrote:
On the other hand, new signing Jerome Boateng was a rock in the centre: his pace and leaping ability alone allowed him to cover more territory than Daniel Van Buyten had against Milan, but the former Hamburg man was alert and decisive in defence. Even Holger Badstuber looked better alongside him.

- Again, I'm quoting Clark Whitney

YES. Even Badstuber looked much better. I thought the same during the match

Look, we played with Rafinha, Lahm, Badstuber, Van Buyten and Neuer against Milan. They attacked 2 times in the whole match. First one was goal, second one Neuer saved a clear goal chance

Yesterday against Barça with Rafinha, Boateng, Badstuber, Contento and Butt we defended much better. Boateng was fast, he tackled, he had good ball skills, he almost score an awesome goal :lol: , and overall we had a much better looking defense against a team that dominated us the whole match.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Slemba » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:18 pm

Any Highlights guys?! :)
Slemba
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby München Minded » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:38 pm

Since Badstuber even looked better along side Boateng -- its obvious a pair up with DvB is no go -- seems like any player and DvB is bad. Another reason to offload DvB and get someone else. Overall Bayern did improve dramatically, which is to be expected with more training. I hope we improve even more dramatically by the time the season starts. Aside from defending, we need to work on finishing and build up of play -- better team coordination when moving the ball up the field.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Friendlies