You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-07-24] Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona

Discussions on the friendly matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win the cup
100%
FC Barcelona will win the cup
No votes

Total votes : 26

Re: [2013-07-24] Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:54 pm

Borusse wrote:As the season goes I will remind you of what I said in the chat. Not every player will get enough playing time and not everyone will be happy and I mean the important players like Kroos, Thiago and Gotze, not likes of Contento, Pizarro or Rafinha. You think you may rotate all you like but Guardiola wants Bayern to play fluent passing game and that is not going to happen if he will be rotating 3-4 players every game. It won't work this way.

Discussing it is pointless right now, thats why I will remind you of that after couple of months and show you that some very good players played very little. I think it will be Kroos who plays the least out of Thiago/Gotze/Kroos trio.

I won't be right only after one condition - 1 or 2 important players will get injured at the same time, then you won't have a "problem". :mrgreen:

OK Borusse -sour grapes do you please mind to mind your own business, thank you... :lol:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:01 pm

Well, Im on Bayern forum so I think it is only fair to discuss Bayern issues here. :wink:

I think it was Sammer who said that players need to get used to the fact that there is no longer "first eleven". I think its nonsense, you know why?

When a massive game is coming, EVERY coach in the world has his best eleven in his head, the one that he thinks is the strongest. And when its time to make a call who to pick for a CL semifinal game, everyone of all of those talented players will want to be on the pitch and play but some of them will be shown a place on the bench and they definitely won't like that.

Every player's dream is to be a part of the biggest games, against other giants in football. You think Gotze or someone else will like the fact he played 90 minutes against Augsburg and 3 days later watched a game against Real from the bench? No way in hell.

Thats why I think this won't work for everyone. Bayern won't care because the team will win games but not every individual is going to be happy after the season, that is my opinion.

Will bring this topic back in couple of months.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby sch0ll7 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:20 pm

It really doesnt matter if someone doesnt play 40+ games / season...what matters the most is WINNING TROPHIES!

It happened before...players left us because they didnt get much playing time...but that didnt stop us from winning.

If a player leaves because he is not in first XI..than it means there is someone better than him playing...so that doesnt bother me much...as long as we are on top and other teams fear us.
Every top club has top players on the bench, because competition for places is huge...you had Fabregas, Henry, Villa, Yaya Toure etc...on the bench for Barca but they still won everything there is to win.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Borusse » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:27 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:It really doesnt matter if someone doesnt play 40+ games / season...what matters the most is WINNING TROPHIES!

It happened before...players left us because they didnt get much playing time...but that didnt stop us from winning.

If a player leaves because he is not in first XI..than it means there is someone better than him playing...so that doesnt bother me much...as long as we are on top and other teams fear us.
Every top club has top players on the bench, because competition for places is huge...you had Fabregas, Henry, Villa, Yaya Toure etc...on the bench for Barca but they still won everything there is to win.

You are 100% right. Im only looking at it from individual perspective. For Bayern it doesnt matter in the long run because as you said, you will be successful.

It makes me even more sad looking at Gotze now, he probably didnt expect Thiago to join Bayern also. Mario's developement is at huge risk of stopping right now. But well, its his problem now.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby runaway » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:29 pm

Borusse wrote:Well, Im on Bayern forum so I think it is only fair to discuss Bayern issues here. :wink:

I think it was Sammer who said that players need to get used to the fact that there is no longer "first eleven". I think its nonsense, you know why?

When a massive game is coming, EVERY coach in the world has his best eleven in his head, the one that he thinks is the strongest. And when its time to make a call who to pick for a CL semifinal game, everyone of all of those talented players will want to be on the pitch and play but some of them will be shown a place on the bench and they definitely won't like that.

Every player's dream is to be a part of the biggest games, against other giants in football. You think Gotze or someone else will like the fact he played 90 minutes against Augsburg and 3 days later watched a game against Real from the bench? No way in hell.

Thats why I think this won't work for everyone. Bayern won't care because the team will win games but not every individual is going to be happy after the season, that is my opinion.

Will bring this topic back in couple of months.

You do realize that sometimes a player even if he is in good form may not be what's best for the team's tactic. For me, in modern football, there is no first eleven anymore. Sure there are core players but with the technology today, opposing clubs can study a team's game to the letter and can prepare player by player so it's important for a team to be unpredictable. Just look at what Bayern did to Juve and Barca, man-marked the most important players and the job is half-done.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Borusse » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:36 pm

Oh, and one more thing - if Gotze will have such a hard time finding his place in Bayern's squad, what about Lewandowski? :lol: Poor, poor Robert, doesnt realise what he's doing. :P
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby smaw2010 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:44 pm

Borusse wrote:Oh, and one more thing - if Gotze will have such a hard time finding his place in Bayern's squad, what about Lewandowski? :lol: Poor, poor Robert, doesnt realise what he's doing. :P

Every player's dream is to win the treble, staying in an inexperienced club where main players leave every year doesn't help him to get the treble.
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby runaway » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:44 pm

Borusse wrote:It makes me even more sad looking at Gotze now, he probably didnt expect Thiago to join Bayern also. Mario's developement is at huge risk of stopping right now. But well, its his problem now.

I don't know how you can say Gotze won't be improving in Bayern. He hasn't played. We don't know how Pep will play him and will Bayern let a 37mil player go to waste? Isn't he the future superstar of Germany? Or he's not anymore coz he moved to Bayern? :|
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Borusse » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:58 pm

He is the future superstar. Right now.

But as I said - The guy that will be unhappy with the minutes he got doesnt have to be Gotze. But it will be someone for sure.

smaw2010 wrote:
Borusse wrote:Oh, and one more thing - if Gotze will have such a hard time finding his place in Bayern's squad, what about Lewandowski? :lol: Poor, poor Robert, doesnt realise what he's doing. :P

Every player's dream is to win the treble, staying in an inexperienced club where main players leave every year doesn't help him to get the treble.

Well if he wants to win titles at all costs, the costs being not playing enough and not being a major part of the success, then ok, I can agree. Everyone has different priorites. Titles over playing time, good idea for guys like Starke or Pizzaro, not 24 year old like Lewandowski. :wink:
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby sch0ll7 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:01 pm

Gotze will most certainly play if you ask me...at least 25-30 games as a starter...he is one of the biggest talents in the world so no reason to fear for him.
Lewa will also play...he is top class striker who is also a team player and knows how to press, defend, attack, etc...Pizarro and Mandzukic will probably leave after Lewa joins us. So he will get playing time...he is not limited striker...he knows how to pass, make space and so on...

We are competing on all fronts and that is why we need quality depth...some players will get injured, some will be suspended...some will be out of form and that is why I am not afraid of any of the top players warming bench for too long.

Kroos, Muller, Ribery, Schweini, Thiago and Gotze will surely play most of the time...Martinez will probably be used as CB...Robben will be out injured or play as a sub like he did last season. Gustavo will be that player to keep it stable in the back in though games...like he did last season.

Gomez and Tymo left us...Gotze and Thiago joined us. it is not like we bought 10 players. And when you think about Gotze or some other midfielded playing as a striker and Martinez [midfielder] probably playing as CB...than you come to realize that we have 2 midfielders less for 5 midfield positions comparing to last season.

2012/13

Martinez, Schweini, Tymo, Gustavo, Kroos, Muller, Ribery, Robben, Shaqiri [9 players for 5 midfield positions]

2013/14

Schweini, Thiago, Gustavo, Kroos, Muller, Ribery, Robben, Shaqiri [8 players for 5 midfield positions]

If we consider Gotze, Muller or Robben playing as false 9....we only have 8 players for those 5 positions in midfield.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona - Highlights & Goals

Postby Abramovich » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:08 pm

Goals

philipp lahm 14'
http://adf.ly/Sleqs

Marijo Mandzukic 87'
http://adf.ly/SlflE

Highlights

FIRST HALF
http://adf.ly/Slg69

SECOND HALF
http://adf.ly/SlgS2
Abramovich
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby Achilles » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:14 pm

Oh c'mon Borrusse,every time you make an argument towards Bayern and ex-BVBplayers "this or that"
You give some explanations for your thoughts but you always talking so pesimistic.

-Gotze,if you think Gotze in such a world class team,a coach that improves young talents at Klopp's level with a bunch of class players,won't improve then you are naive.Every player at Bayern right now(except Neuer,Lahm) even Schweinsteiger can't take nothing for granted as for a starting place,the competition is so high that the have to give their all at training and 200% at games,so Gotze will be fine,he has class,he is a type of player Pep like (technique,agile,passing,scoring,short,young,talented,high football IQ,can play many positions)

-Lewy,when and IF the Pole comes to us then Robben maybe leaves,Gustavo maybe leaves or both who knows,so the rotation and the competition will be less,Pizzaro has 1-year left so he is already out and T.Muller maybe goes to his previous position as a RWF and Lewy plays the striker role against Mandzukic,so everything is fine.Lewandowski has a guaranteed position because of his playing style and scoring,that's for sure.

Plus I fully agree with @sch0ll7,he said it right,better than me(I'm too tired #-o )

About the friendly against Barca,I forgot to say about Ribery's performance,he made Catalans look like a U-15 squad.U gotta love him.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby runaway » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:18 pm

Borusse wrote:He is the future superstar. Right now.

But as I said - The guy that will be unhappy with the minutes he got doesnt have to be Gotze. But it will be someone for sure.

Well if he wants to win titles at all costs, the costs being not playing enough and not being a major part of the success, then ok, I can agree. Everyone has different priorites. Titles over playing time, good idea for guys like Starke or Pizzaro, not 24 year old like Lewandowski. :wink:

Every club has an unhappy player. They can't play everybody on the pitch. Even BVB have an unhappy player. :roll:

I'm just curious if BVB fans will whine this hard if Gotze moved elsewhere than a Bundesliga team...

Bayern's bench is better than you. Deal with it. 8) It's the players' choice to play in Bayern. They know the squad and probably the management has told them of their future in the club. We don't know those conversations and Bayern is not as heartless as a lot of people think they are. They have let go of players they don't need and given them to clubs that will be best for them.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Borusse » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:18 pm

Ok, Martinez for CB, then what happens to Dante/Boateng? Another one bites the dust. :D

Basing on your post Gustavo won't be happy, Robben on the bench last season? Lol, he played all the important games, against Juve, Barca and Dortmund! That is why he managed to stay calm. There is a very limited amount of the "big games" and many players wont have the chance to play in those massives encounters. Nobody ambitious like Gotze would like to play a game in Bundesliga if he won't be able to play Real, Chelsea or someone else 3 days later!

Lets say Kroos will be the victim of this squad depth and rotation. You think he will be happy about playing 25 games as a starter if 20 of those will be Bundesliga games and 3 of them CL games in group stages and 2 of DFB Pokal games? I think not, he will be very unhappy about not playing against the giants because everybody wants to play them! Thats why Robben stayed happy last season because he was a part of the first eleven against the big ones! No way in hell he will stay calm if he will be benched for important games. :wink:

All of this doesnt mean anything bad for Bayern as a team but this depth will hurt some players developement. You will see, lets bring back the subject in few months. :wink:
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby panzer » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:20 pm

machkover wrote:
panzer wrote:If we play like Bayern, we always kick the Barca. But we play like Barca, then we loose. Because Barca is the best team playing this football.

Relax man, we still play like Bayern . but we play now a little better/quicker .that's the only difference i have noticed in the last two games .! i hope the guys will prove me right today too ! =D>

Not be blind man. Are you serious ? We are playing so bad and so slowly. Didn't you watch our matches of the last season. Our players try to adapt the Barca's system and philosophy. But it is wrong. Guardiola must try to adapt our philosophy and system. He try to place Barca's philosophy and system to our club. We try to play sometimes tiki - taka. Don't you see that. Same tactics, same passing organizations. I hope Pep goes from our club early. He kills our club. I don't like Pep. We are Bayern, not Barca. And Pep will never change it.
panzer
Getting the hang of it

PreviousNext

Return to Friendlies