You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-07-24] Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona

Discussions on the friendly matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win the cup
100%
FC Barcelona will win the cup
No votes

Total votes : 26

Re: [2013-07-24] Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona

Postby tflags » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:23 am

README wrote:Guardiola is killing us!!!!!

...then in 2013, I believe July it was, a magical thing happened. Totally unexpected, as things are these days, he discovered something... Something magical. Something AMAZING. He discovered... The CAPS LOCK key had been on for his entire Internet life. He though, 'maybe I press it. Maybe I won't.' On a rush of courage, with a glimpse of ingenuity, he did... AND HE DID!
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby AssemFCB » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:14 am

Watching a replay, I enjoyed the fluidity of the team's movement in the first half. While playing Lahm in the center of midfield is a temporary thing, I enjoyed his frequent forays to the attack, one of which ended in a headed goal (header?!). In the beginning, our defense seemed a bit sloppy passing the ball from the back and there were large amounts of misplaced passes overall from both sides. I thought Mandzukic looked a bit out of sorts, he doesn't have that same running energy he had last season. Overall, it was a decent win, and I think that calling a 2-0 win against Barcelona "decent" shows the progress we've made in he past two years.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Tedesco » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:32 pm

Dante was an absolute rock in the first half. He missed one or two passes, but other than that, perfect display.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:05 pm

Borusse wrote:There is one thing that can cause me not being right - 1 or 2 important players will get injured at the same time, then you won't have a "problem". :mrgreen: But with no injuries it will be near impossible to keep everyone happy. :wink:

Welcome to FC Bayern

Last season Robben and Kroos had long time injurie for example

Götze is injured at the moment, Robben usually injures himself for the whole first half of the season, Ribery needs rotation cause he usually have some small injuries after playing 2 games per week for some time... and let's not forget that winning the treble means that we will play more games this season in more competitions so I'm expecting to see a lot playing time for our players

What I like is that with our current tactics almost every attacking player can play in any attacking position. So if Ribery or Robben can't play the game, any other attacking player can replace him and we don't need to use a Right or Left winger.

So if we are playing this (just an example)

Ribery------------Müller--------------Robben
--------Thiago----------------Götze------------
-------------------Schweini----------------------

We would have Kroos, Manduzkic and Shaqiri on the bench who can easily replace ANY player of those 5. So that's why I think they everybody will have a lot of playing time
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby walter » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:11 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Is it just me or has Mandzukic looked a bit sloppy recently?

He's looked lazy, which is difficult to understand since his workrate is his biggest asset.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby jaybayern » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:47 pm

probably he realise he not a starter this season and more than likely next season
BAYERN TILL THE DEATH OF ME
jaybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:46 pm

I don't know if it has been mentioned but it was the first time since 2008 that a team had more possession than Barça. 309 games :shock:
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby lau03143 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:24 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I don't know if it has been mentioned but it was the first time since 2008 that a team had more possession than Barça. 309 games :shock:

Even us in the semi finals last season?
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Tedesco » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:25 pm

lau03143 wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:I don't know if it has been mentioned but it was the first time since 2008 that a team had more possession than Barça. 309 games :shock:

Even us in the semi finals last season?

We always had < 50%. And on the second leg I believe there was only 2 shots on target, but 3 goals (thanks Pique!). lol
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby smaw2010 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:09 am

Borusse wrote:He is the future superstar. Right now.

But as I said - The guy that will be unhappy with the minutes he got doesnt have to be Gotze. But it will be someone for sure.

smaw2010 wrote:
Borusse wrote:Oh, and one more thing - if Gotze will have such a hard time finding his place in Bayern's squad, what about Lewandowski? :lol: Poor, poor Robert, doesnt realise what he's doing. :P

Every player's dream is to win the treble, staying in an inexperienced club where main players leave every year doesn't help him to get the treble.

Well if he wants to win titles at all costs, the costs being not playing enough and not being a major part of the success, then ok, I can agree. Everyone has different priorites. Titles over playing time, good idea for guys like Starke or Pizzaro, not 24 year old like Lewandowski. :wink:

A winning team needs to have depth, not all players can get all the playing time, Bayern is a team with great depth that players have to prove themselves everyday. No one knows how much playing time Lewandowski will get on bayern. And for ur argument about Starke and Pizzaro getting only little playing time, they are all part of the team, when Bayern needs the stars to rest, they will send them out and they still can contribute to the team greatly, they will feel proud because they have contributed to a winning team. If all players need to get all the playing time and cannot accept their role on the team, the team will never win a cup. Bayern's team spirit is what makes them unique.
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to Friendlies