You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-07-12] Bayern Munich vs FC Augsburg

Discussions on the friendly matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:15 pm

Bayern Munich will win inside 45 minutes
100%
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
No votes
FC Augsburg will win on penalties
No votes
FC Augsburg will win inside 45 minutes
No votes

Total votes : 5

Re: [2015-07-12] Bayern Munich vs FC Augsburg

Postby albanian7 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:22 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
envagyokazapad wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:Alonso is definitely spent. Decent guy and all, but I'd prefer to see Hojbjerg, Kimmich or Rode starting in the league.

Rode and Thiago have to play, so not sure about Kimmich and Hojbjerg yet...
That last spot could be Martinez, or Alaba, or Lahm.

When Hojbjerg played against City, he was solid to say the least. Far from fantastic, but better than any Alonso game in the ruckrunde. It's a shame his decline is so dramatic, because it is not his fault and from Pep's perspective it is difficult to just hand over a starting position to a teenager.

Friendlies are meant to test squads and tactics, and even from a very curt 45 minutes I believe Alonso can no longer pass the test.

Pep was the one who sent Toure away to make room for a certain Busquets. Just sayin'
And now that S'steiger is gone, why not? Especially for easy BuLi matches
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby nm462272 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:23 pm

Great game by Rode, Thiago, Rafinha, Costa =D>

You can see how fast Costa is already and his crosses are solid and hit hard. Also impressed how he switched sides and looked threatening on both wings. Can't wait to see more from him.

Also, Rode... he NEEDS to play more, especially with Thiago...
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby envagyokazapad » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:25 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
envagyokazapad wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:Alonso is definitely spent. Decent guy and all, but I'd prefer to see Hojbjerg, Kimmich or Rode starting in the league.

When Hojbjerg played against City, he was solid to say the least. Far from fantastic, but better than any Alonso game in the ruckrunde. It's a shame his decline is so dramatic, because it is not his fault and from Pep's perspective it is difficult to just hand over a starting position to a teenager.

Friendlies are meant to test squads and tactics, and even from a very curt 45 minutes I believe Alonso can no longer pass the test.

Keep in mind we have more experienced midfielders in squad, not just Alonso. Alaba played really well in midfield, and that last spot could go for Martinez too (I'd prefer this tbh, just to see Alaba and Lahm playing sidebacks again).
That is assuming we play 4-3-3 for instance, but in that case where would Müller fit in? So maybe we'll end up with Rode and Thiago there.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:29 pm

albanian7 wrote:Pep was the one who sent Toure away to make room for a certain Busquets. Just sayin'
And now that S'steiger is gone, why not? Especially for easy BuLi matches

Not saying I doubt Pep will do it, but it must be difficult. And actually Hojbjerg was quite used in the hinrunde, just not enough for his own liking.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Machiavellico » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:34 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
envagyokazapad wrote:

And not just that. In that Cup Final against Dortmund, Hojbjerg was one of the best players on the pitch. He's better with the ball than Rode and he's shown at Augsburg last season that he is dependable.
It's a tough choice between the two. I predict, however, the board will bring someone new and none of them will play :lol:

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Romania

Postby envagyokazapad » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:52 pm

I haven't seen him in Augsburg, but as for his time with Bayern, you are still only mentioning two games. Rode also had some really good showings last season.

As for these two games, Hojbjerg looks ok, but so far he's not bringing anything special to the table, unlike Rode in the previous game (this sounds ridiculous though as we are talking about 20-45 mins of play). Nonetheless, Rode looks like someone who can be the difference in a game. He looks like a close-to-like-for-like substitute for Schweini, with worse passing but more pace and better dribbling.

Rode-Thiago is my preferred lineup at the moment, with Alaba/Lahm/Martinez taking the last spot if we play 3 CMs.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Machiavellico » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:49 pm

envagyokazapad wrote:I haven't seen him in Augsburg, but as for his time with Bayern, you are still only mentioning two games. Rode also had some really good showings last season.

As for these two games, Hojbjerg looks ok, but so far he's not bringing anything special to the table, unlike Rode in the previous game (this sounds ridiculous though as we are talking about 20-45 mins of play). Nonetheless, Rode looks like someone who can be the difference in a game. He looks like a close-to-like-for-like substitute for Schweini, with worse passing but more pace and better dribbling.

Rode-Thiago is my preferred lineup at the moment, with Alaba/Lahm/Martinez taking the last spot if we play 3 CMs.

... what big game has Rode changed on his own last season? Don't raise the kid to the stars. Devotion isn't everything. He has to up his game if he wants Schweinsteiger's place. You're making it sound like he was the axis mundi last year, whereas he wasn't a regular even when there were 8 players injured. And those 45 minutes don't mean that much.

Better dribbling than Schweinsteiger? You're joking, I hope.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Romania

Postby rthebest » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:46 am

Bomber_der_Nation wrote:Augsburg's corners are impressive

they looked impressive because we played without natural CBs
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby envagyokazapad » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:05 am

Machiavellico wrote:
envagyokazapad wrote:I haven't seen him in Augsburg, but as for his time with Bayern, you are still only mentioning two games. Rode also had some really good showings last season.

... what big game has Rode changed on his own last season? Don't raise the kid to the stars. Devotion isn't everything. He has to up his game if he wants Schweinsteiger's place. You're making it sound like he was the axis mundi last year, whereas he wasn't a regular even when there were 8 players injured. And those 45 minutes don't mean that much.

Better dribbling than Schweinsteiger? You're joking, I hope.

I didn't make it sound like he changed anything at all dude. I said TODAY he had looked like he could be the difference, and he nearly was, if that long shot had gone in instead of hitting the bar we'd have been in the final.

It's my opinion, so let's agree to disagree.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:32 am

rthebest wrote:

As if defending(and I must also add attacking) corners were never our achilles heel ! We've been since Klinsi's era... None of our coaches improved us in that part of the game...
As for Rode; one has to be cruel to
criticize the boy...he gives his heart, does not fear anyone... Tackle all over the place... Great shot, imtelligent passing...he just needs to play more frequently...
Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby albanian7 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:33 am

ramsej84 wrote:
rthebest wrote:

As if defending(and I must also add attacking) corners were never our achilles heel ! We've been since Klinsi's era... None of our coaches improved us in that part of the game...
As for Rode; one has to be cruel to
criticize the boy...he gives his heart, does not fear anyone... Tackle all over the place... Great shot, imtelligent passing...he just needs to play more frequently...
Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2

I think Alaba was the tallest man on pitch and yesterday and the 9 other outfield players were under 175cm :P
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to Friendlies