You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-07-26] Bayern Munich vs Borussia M'gladbach

Discussions on the friendly matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:30 pm

Bayern Munich will go through to the final
87%
Borussia Mönchengladbach will go through to the final
13%

Total votes : 15

Re: [2014-07-26] Bayern Munich vs Borussia M'gladbach

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:41 pm

From what I've seen I like Rode a lot.
Bernat though looks average more than anything to me for now.

As for Martinez as a CB...unless we are planning to play 3 at the back with Boateng and Badstuber partnering Martinez, I can't see this one working out well for JM.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:43 pm

bastos80 wrote:Martínez : "I see myself as a defender."

Link?

If he really said that, he's a loser(in his head).
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby bastos80 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:44 pm

Grimnir wrote:Wonder if people have eyes when it comes to Martinez as centre back. Again nothing but a liability. :roll: Despite how indispensable he was in 2012-13 I think it's time to part ways with him if Guardiola doesn't play him in his position.

We should probably get rid of Dante and Badstuber too.... Liability even though its their main position.

Jesus, I wonder if people have just started watching football this year. Martínez was amazing under Bielsa as a CB, and he's back in training since 3 days :? He's been solid today apart from that error before the goal. We might aswell get rid of Alaba since he made an error before the first goal :roll:

Martínez didn't have a proper vacation since 2009, he has been injured right at the start of the season and couldn't get into the team. No wonder he looked poor.

FCB general wrote:
bastos80 wrote:Martínez : "I see myself as a defender."

Link?

If he really said that, he's a loser(in his head).

http://www.berliner-zeitung.de/sport/df ... 51702.html
Last edited by bastos80 on Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:45 pm

bastos80 wrote:
FCB general wrote:
bastos80 wrote:Martínez just needs to gel with Boateng and we have the best CB duo in the world =P~

Hahaha, I can't recall when I've seen so bad CB as Martinez. Van Buyten is a doctor for him, too.

He should consider to leave Bayern and save his world-class reputation as a midfielder. 8)

:?

Martínez : "I see myself as a defender."

That's funny if you consider one of the reasons he left Bilbao was that he couldn't play in his favored position, DM...well favored at the time it seems. If he really did say that he probably realized there's no place for a DM in Pep's system, so he's trying to get a spot as CB.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:46 pm

They're gonna find a solution, I believe in that. If they see he can't play CB, they won't play him there, simple as that.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby bastos80 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:47 pm

We're going to talk later this season. No reason to discuss with people who rate his performances as a CB on his terrible last season (he wasn't really better in midfield by the way) when he's clearly showed he can be amazing in defense.
I'd definatly rather have him next to Boateng than Badstuber or Dante.
Sorry.

Martínez started as a midfielder by the way and dropped back, just like he did in 12/13.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:50 pm

bastos80 wrote:Jesus, I wonder if people have just started watching football this year. Martínez was amazing under Bielsa as a CB, and he's back in training since 3 days :? He's been solid today apart from that error before the goal. We might aswell get rid of Alaba since he made an error before the first goal :roll:

He hasn't played any good since he started playing as a CB here...so who cares how he played there. Chances are our defensive system is completely different, Javi clearly can't deal with the high line of defense he's played in. World class CDMs shouldn't be turned into slight-better-than-mediocre CBs...just look at Mascherano's performance during the WC.

and that mistake he made...that was two mistakes, one was carelessly losing the ball second was causing a penalty. Which almost cost us the game.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby FCB general » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:53 pm

bastos80 wrote:http://www.berliner-zeitung.de/sport/df ... 51702.html

Can you quote Javi Martinez' statement? I didn't find his words "I see myself as a defender."

Either I have problems with mein Deutsch oder Ich bin blind und Ich brauche neue augen. :?
Last edited by FCB general on Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby bastos80 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:54 pm

Alright, if you want to play with Dante and Badstuber as our regulars instead of Martínez, then good night.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:54 pm

bastos80 wrote:We're going to talk later this season. No reason to discuss with people who rate his performances as a CB on his terrible last season (he wasn't really better in midfield by the way) when he's clearly showed he can be amazing in defense.
Sorry.

Martínez started as a midfielder by the way and dropped back, just like he did in 12/13.

Dude it's not even like 'he has been average and hasn't impressed yet'...it's more like he has been absolutely horrible in about 90% of the games he played in. And I disagree, he brought a lot of stability to the midfield most of the times he played there.

It's not that he can't get better...he probably can. It's that he's already very good in playing somewhere else. You can twist it all you want but turning Martinez into a CB is just retarded.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby bastos80 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:55 pm

FCB general wrote:
bastos80 wrote:http://www.berliner-zeitung.de/sport/df ... 51702.html

Can you quote Javi Martinez' statement? I didn't find his words "I see myself as a defender."

Either I have problems with mein Deutsch oder Ich bin blind und Ich brausche neue augen. :?

„Ich sehe mich als Verteidiger. Die defensive Konzentration ist meine größte Stärke, und sie kommt vor allem in der Abwehr zum Tragen.“

"I see myself as a defender. Defensive concentration is my biggest strength , and that shows especially in the defence."
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:56 pm

envagyokazapad wrote:
bastos80 wrote:We're going to talk later this season. No reason to discuss with people who rate his performances as a CB on his terrible last season (he wasn't really better in midfield by the way) when he's clearly showed he can be amazing in defense.
Sorry.

Dude it's not even like 'he has been average and hasn't impressed yet'...it's more like he has been absolutely horrible in about 90% of the games he played in. And I disagree, he brought a lot of stability to the midfield most of the times he played there.

It's not that he can't get better...he probably can. It's that he's already very good in playing somewhere else. You can twist it all you want but turning Martinez into a CB is just retarded.

No it's not, but alright.

He clearly lacked fitness last season, if you weren't able to see that, you're just blind.
If Pep put Martínez in midfield on paper and dropped back like he did today, you probably wouldn't moan, right ?

Badstuber was a liability in both matches, just like Martínez he lacked play time in that position and had trouble with his fitness. He has been back in training since month, Martínez since 3 days, yet he looked better than Badstuber. But you're obviously not complaining since its Badstubers main position.

Just give him time.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB general » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:00 pm

bastos80 wrote:„Ich sehe mich als Verteidiger. Die defensive Konzentration ist meine größte Stärke, und sie kommt vor allem in der Abwehr zum Tragen.“

"I see myself as a defender. Defensive concentration is my biggest strength , and that shows especially in the defence."

I've found that finally. I read too quick and I missed penultimate paragraph.

What a loser... I'm very disappointed. 16.05.2014. Uuuuuuuu... I missed this part, haha.

Another Mascherano on the sight. :clap:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby JANCKER » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:00 pm

The problem is that Guardiola is doing this, if it was Heynckess, I'm sure they wouldn't be that harsh on him.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby bastos80 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 pm

FCB general wrote:
bastos80 wrote:„Ich sehe mich als Verteidiger. Die defensive Konzentration ist meine größte Stärke, und sie kommt vor allem in der Abwehr zum Tragen.“

I've found that finally. I read too quick and I missed penultimate paragraph.

What a loser... I'm very disappointed. 16.05.2014. Uuuuuuuu... I missed this part, haha.

Another Mascherano on the sight. :clap:

Yeah, what a loser. =D> :roll:
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Friendlies