You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-07-26] Bayern Munich vs Borussia M'gladbach

Discussions on the friendly matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:30 pm

Bayern Munich will go through to the final
87%
Borussia Mönchengladbach will go through to the final
13%

Total votes : 15

Re: [2014-07-26] Bayern Munich vs Borussia M'gladbach

Postby envagyokazapad » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:48 am

I like Rode a lot as well, just hope we'll play him in the midfield and not as side back. Alaba was decent, perhaps not at his best.
I was also pleasantly surprised by Ribery's pace...he looked really fast, especially when tracking back. Hopefully the injury won't affect him and we can get some more years out of him :P
Out of all of those maybe only Bernat performed worse than I expected. Mediocre, and looked a whole lot like Contento to me. He still has time though.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Badger » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:38 am

envagyokazapad wrote:I like Rode a lot as well, just hope we'll play him in the midfield and not as side back. Alaba was decent, perhaps not at his best.
I was also pleasantly surprised by Ribery's pace...he looked really fast, especially when tracking back. Hopefully the injury won't affect him and we can get some more years out of him :P
Out of all of those maybe only Bernat performed worse than I expected. Mediocre, and looked a whole lot like Contento to me. He still has time though.

I have downloaded this game, but won't get around to watching it until later. I look forward to watching out for a few players' performances that you (and others) have highlighted. I would like to say about Bernat, though, that I watched the whole Duisburg v Bayern game and thought he didn't look bad at all. I think I saw enough to hope that he's a major upgrade on Contento.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby envagyokazapad » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:49 am

I wouldn't say he was bad, just nothing outstanding really which is how I'd have described most of Contento's performances in the past. I was expecting more movement, more overlapping runs and more connecting with Ribery and the midfield. But then again it was their first game together...I probably was expecting too much.

For now an improvement over Contento, but definitely a big step back from Alaba. Unless he improves a lot I can't really see us moving Alaba out of LB (although Alaba is the best LB in the world, so comparing Bernat to him at this point is probably a little unfair).
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby Kalev » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:51 pm

FCB general wrote:Image

Bayern without Scholl is like beach without sand 8)
Kalev
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby FCB general » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:55 pm

Kalev wrote:Bayern without Scholl is like beach without sand 8)

Time runs so fast.

Ribery for M. Scholl - 2007

L. Scholl for Ribery - 2014

7 years... Man... I still remember this game and substitution like it was yesterday...

I just hope the young Scholl will be at least like his father or even better.
"Soy un hombre muy honrado que me gusta lo mejor, las mujeres no me faltan, ni el dinero, ni el amor,

Jineteando en mi caballo por la sierra yo me voy, las estrellas y la luna, ellas me dicen donde voy"
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby tflags » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:00 pm

Spiegel wrote:Individual errors are annoying, but also easy to turn off. Therefore coach Pep Guardiola gave significantly more conciliatory than the excited Sammer. "We came here with many young players against one of the best teams in the Bundesliga," Guardiola said after the game. "That's why I'm happy."

Spox wrote:The Bavaria acted with a very interesting defensive mixture. Time was right-back Rafinha, times Martinez was very wide, but Alaba moved inward and Bernat went to the left. A solid lineup much difficult to define both a 5-2-3 and a 4-3-3 or a 3-4-3 were observed.
Alaba came up with these conversion not yet handle apparently. The Austrians did not play well and was especially because of turnovers and position errors. Significantly his pass attempt before the first goal by Kruse.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby runaway » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:35 pm

I blame Starke on the first goal. He should have passed it long, relieved the pressure at the back instead he passed to the left.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Grimnir » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:05 pm

bastos80 wrote:Alright, if you want to play with Dante and Badstuber as our regulars instead of Martínez, then good night.

Jesus christ I've just read these posts and have to wonder what kind of drugs you are on. They must be mighty strong. Yes I would 100% take Badstuber and Dante or better yet Boateng and Badstuber playing together again any day of the week. I fail to see how Badstuber has been a liability unless you're referring to the unlucky hand ball. Things like that happens. Martinez on the other hand seems to make it his business to defend poorly and commit stupid fouls every single time he plays as CB. Even Rafinha and Hojbjerg had to save him today.
Grimnir
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby runaway » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:11 pm

Bestuber would almost have given another penalty in the first half if the ref was softie.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby bastos80 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:14 pm

I guess winning every aerial duel and nearly every tackle makes you look poor now. Alright, i guess some people are just too obsessed of seing Javi back in midfield. Just forget it, it won't happen.

The only real mistake he made was in the second half when he wasn't at the right place to intercept a lobbed through ball. But the funny thing is, that he was playing in the position where so many people want to see him, as the middle CB.

He might have the occasional bad positioning, but thats normal if you're playing in a completely new system. It's not like Alaba and Badstuber had perfect positioning aswell. He's going to improve from game to game now. Just mark my words and talk to me later this season.
Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal, Thiago - Müller, James, Alexis - Lewandowski
bastos80
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:19 pm

Guys keep watching his every move to prove that he shouldn't play in defense. If you watch closer other players, you would see that they have flaws too.
Martinez is a versatile player, he's been used in different positions during his career, I've seen him being used as a CF too. :lol:
Neuer - Boateng, Martínez, Hummels - Kimmich, Thiago, Alaba - Bernardeschi, Müller, Coman - Lewandowski
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby bastos80 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:48 pm

JANCKER wrote:Guys keep watching his every move to prove that he shouldn't play in defense. If you watch closer other players, you would see that they have flaws too.
Martinez is a versatile player, he's been used in different positions during his career, I've seen him being used as a CF too. :lol:

Its also funny how he thinks Badstuber wouldn't be a liability, even though he came back from a nearly 2 year long injury.
Even before his injury I think Holger was a little overrated, great CB but overrated.
Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal, Thiago - Müller, James, Alexis - Lewandowski
bastos80
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:01 pm

bastos80 wrote:
JANCKER wrote:Guys keep watching his every move to prove that he shouldn't play in defense. If you watch closer other players, you would see that they have flaws too.

Its also funny how he thinks Badstuber wouldn't be a liability, even though he came back from a nearly 2 year long injury.
Even before his injury I think Holger was a little overrated, great CB but overrated.

I believe in Badstuber, but he needs time. I think he's motivated more than the rest to lift some trophies, cause he practically missed in Bayern's great achievements. I wouldn't say he is overrated, if we wanted to sell him before his injury, 20M is the most we could've got for him. I don't believe we have overrated defenders in our team, the most we would get from our best CB would be around 30M.
That's why I was against spending astronomical sums to sign defenders. We can't sell defenders that won the CL for more than 30M, and other clubs set ridiculous prices for defenders that didn't prove themself in the greatest stage, that's what 'overrated' means to me.
Last edited by JANCKER on Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Neuer - Boateng, Martínez, Hummels - Kimmich, Thiago, Alaba - Bernardeschi, Müller, Coman - Lewandowski
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby bastos80 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:15 pm

I mean, Javi has all the assets to be a perfect CB. He's a force in the air, brilliant tackler and good distribution. Every player needs time to groove in. Especially in a new constelation like this.
bastos80
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Previous

Return to Friendlies