You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-07-26] Bayern Munich vs Borussia M'gladbach

Discussions on the friendly matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:30 pm

Bayern Munich will go through to the final
87%
Borussia Mönchengladbach will go through to the final
13%

Total votes : 15

Re: [2014-07-26] Bayern Munich vs Borussia M'gladbach

Postby JANCKER » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:58 pm

envagyokazapad wrote:You got me, I'm only saying this because I'm a Pep hater. And Javi is a world class CB. #-o
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:02 pm

geez, sarcasm dude. I never even thought about Pep during any of the posts I made. Nothing I posted here had ANYTHING to do with Pep, it's something you made up. Hence my reaction.

And the post you quoted here had nothing to do with Pep either, nor did it in any way imply I was superior to him, or anybody else for that matter (I never thought, much less said anything like that). I was merely defending two of our players over what I thought was unjust criticism...so stop twisting my words and imagining stuff I never even said.

I'll just stop posting because this is turning into something it shouldn't
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Badger » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:06 pm

I haven't seen the game yet. I assume from the posts here that Bayern lost.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby JANCKER » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:16 pm

JANCKER wrote:I think Martinez in CB position can work only with a 3 men defense(with him playing sweeper), but my opinion is so irrelevant.

envagyokazapad wrote:As for Martinez as a CB...unless we are planning to play 3 at the back with Boateng and Badstuber partnering Martinez, I can't see this one working out well for JM.

We agree in one thing...
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:48 pm

bastos you make some good points, but I honestly think that Javi Martinez is not good as CB unless we play with the 3 man defense.

Yes he had some fitness problems last season because of the lack of rest and because of injuries, but he looked like another Van Buyten with better passing skills. His best position is CM in that 4-2-3-1 but he also looked quite good as CB when we played the 3 man defense against Dortmund. I remember that he also played quite a few games with Heynckes as CB and he didn't play well. So it could be fitness, but if he plays a great game as CM and then suddenly he plays poorly as CB then there's something more than fitness IMO

And I really like him and I think we need his defensive work in this team, so I hope to see him leading our defense with that 3-x-x tactics that Pep showed in the DFB Cup final.

Boateng---Martinez---Dante combo sounds good to me.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Robb3449 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:21 am

Badger wrote:I haven't seen the game yet. I assume from the posts here that Bayern lost.

In fact, they won 2-2(5-4) on penalties. :D
Reggie Jackson (of the 1977 NY Yankees) when asked, "What's the biggest thing you've noticed (about the team) since being injured?" " The magnitude of ME!"
Robb3449
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby envagyokazapad » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:26 am

YlonenXabi wrote:And I really like him and I think we need his defensive work in this team, so I hope to see him leading our defense with that 3-x-x tactics that Pep showed in the DFB Cup final.

I think that Boateng---Martinez---Dante combo sounds good to me.

It's interesting how 3 CB lineups are getting more popular with LVG also playing 3 at the back with MU.
I wonder how Pep will want to play, I think he wanted to test a 4 defender lineup today with Bernat on the side, and he probably had no other choice for CB. I think he'll actually play JM in the midfield when we play 4-2-3-1.

I prefer 3-4-3 for now, our game looks more direct and that would also justify Javi's place in the team.
Bernat looked slightly better when he played in front of Contento, and it looks like a CMF role in that system would fit Rode very well too. Everything points to a 3 defender set up with this squad.

I don't think Pep wants to field a Contento-JM-Badstuber lineup though, so I'm still expecting 4 defenders tomorrow.

Schweini might rest for a few weeks longer than the rest of the team, so being able to cover for him properly in the middle would be nice.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:41 am

JANCKER wrote:
I'm not backing Pep more than any other Bayern coach of the past, he's only human like his pred·e·ces·sors, he can't do miracles.

Well, Klopp has been doing miracles for several seasons now over at Dortmund. Van Gaal also did miracles with a very poor Netherlands squad. He also seems to be doing miracles with a Manchester United widely regarded as insufficient. Simeone did miracles last season on a very very small budget. Just saying...
PunkCapitalist

Postby JANCKER » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:39 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
JANCKER wrote:
I'm not backing Pep more than any other Bayern coach of the past, he's only human like his pred·e·ces·sors, he can't do miracles.

Well, Klopp has been doing miracles for several seasons now over at Dortmund. Van Gaal also did miracles with a very poor Netherlands squad. He also seems to be doing miracles with a Manchester United widely regarded as insufficient. Simeone did miracles last season on a very very small budget. Just saying...

If that's what you call a miracle to me is totally fine. Do they have 100% support of their fans? Yes. Does Pep have 100% support of Bayern fans? No.
I'm not sure about how much this speculation/criticism over Pep methods is benefiting, that's all. Things can get out of control when you start losing support, it may even lead to lose respect from Bayern players from all the trash they can read about Pep. They can take advanatage of the circumstances 'not to give a single ****', cause they already know who's getting the blame anyway. This kind of criticism only produces insecurity, is that what we need right now?
What happened after the news that 'Van Gaal will no longer be Bayern's coach' came out, can anyone remember? IMO That was a big mistake from Bayern's board, practically fired him, and still kept him in charge. What end of season could've expected then. I don't want to see that kind of scenario ever.
Managers get the blame always, that's not fair, that's why I take their side in most cases, it's not because he's Pep. He is in charge of our team now and he has my support like his predecessors did, let's see how he can repay us for trusting him to lead us.
He chose to join us over other teams, that's to estimate if not anything else. He could've joined a team/enviroment with lower aspiration, less commitment, and more freedom, but no, he chose us. His job isn't being that easy.

I know we're off-topic, and that's mostly thanks to me. But I'm seeing this Pep-skepticism everywhere(or is it just me), even in the WC topics, and I'm not liking that.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby runaway » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:24 am

This was a friendly with 50% without our starters in a 60 minute game. Do people really take so much from it?

via Tapatalk
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby DerKaiser » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:34 am

Something tells me that Robert Lewandowski will bring FC Bayern München fans lots of joy this season.
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:56 am

runaway wrote:This was a friendly with 50% without our starters in a 60 minute game. Do people really take so much from it?

via Tapatalk

Apparently yes.
inactive
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby envagyokazapad » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:31 am

Meh, nobody even said anything about Pep, much less criticized him until JANCKER started bringing it up.
We merely stated that Javi is not a good defender in 4-2-3-1.

Never even said anything about the result either. It was a decent game with the team we could field, with some promising performances.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:31 am

Can anyone tell me how the following played?

Bernat
Martinez
Alaba
Rode
Hojbjerg
Ribery
Gaudino
Scholl
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:41 am

I was most impressed with Rode. Great tackles and interceptions. Didn't give up when he lost the ball and chased it. Although he did commit some fouls like pulling another player's short. Learning already from the Lahm. The first goal was from his effort. Lewa got the rebound and the rest is a beautiful start to his Bayern story.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

PreviousNext

Return to Friendlies