You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-07-22] Bayern Munich vs AC Milan

Discussions on the friendly matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:35 am

Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
No votes
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
No votes
AC Milan will win on penalties
100%
AC Milan will win inside 90 minutes
No votes

Total votes : 1

Re: [2017-07-22] Bayern Munich vs AC Milan

Postby MUTU » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:15 pm

Roonzil wrote:I wasn't able to watch the second half, but I'm reading we moved to a back-three....can anyone confirm or deny this? And how much did that change our atrocious tactical play?

Are you sure you didn't read about the first half with our back-TREE? Defenders seemed heavy and static.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:17 pm

MUTU wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:And Lewy would put in a transfer request next summer. Face it, we can't keep Lewy happy if he doesn't play at least 90% of the available minutes. He made a big fuss about his teammates "not helping" him get top scorer award, can you even imagine what would he say if he was benched for 60% of the games? #-|

And I'd be delighted. We can have 3 strikers in his place who'd be happy just donning the shirt on the bench let alone playing. Or would you rather keep having our season's hopes hanging on a thread (Lewandowski's fitness and non-suspension throughout the season) laying captive at a player who puts some silly top scorer award higher than the club's ambitions of winning the Champions League, just because on paper he's the best available striker?

We've repeatedly said on this forum that no player is bigger than the club, and yet we want to allow Lewandowski to act just that way? Sorry but I seriously think we'd be better off selling Lewandowski now (for say 80m) and buying two 40m-rated strikers as far as probability of winning the Champions League goes. Unless, of course, this is all just conjecture and Lewandowski would be OK sharing playing time... which would obviously be the ideal situation.

Look, i haven't watched today's match, but Lewandowski has hardly been the problem for Bayern in the last few years. Our main problem has been chance creation. Last season we missed Lewy in one match, but don't let that hide the fact that we weren't creating enough chances. The probability of Lewy being injured for a key match is so low, it just makes it very hard to have a good enough backup for him. You quote Mandzukic+Gomez+Pizza, but exactly how long were we able to keep them together? Other teams can have 5 strikers because all fancy themselves good enough to overturn the other guy. No one is going to be foolish enough to think he can take Lewy's minutes.

Wanna complain about something? I don't get why are we still pushing 4231 with Coman and Ribery in the wings when we have Müller, Thiago and James for a single spot? 4231 makes no sense whatsoever for us anymore!

If the board/coach were so adamant on playing 4231, then they should have bought Alexis and maybe Bernardo, and not gotten Tolisso and James. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bayernbazi » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:49 pm

Ooh how I miss the times of the quite pre-season Trentino training camps !
Nice image we're leaving with this marketing stunt, just like a guy who wants to impress a girl by weightlifting but he rips his pants. He didn't lose a major contest but he lost face.
Some of our players are so spoilt and complacent.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:56 pm

Or maybe the result was fixed...
Who knows?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:25 pm

bastos80 wrote:So what have we learned today:

- Our defense was absolute wank
=> easily fixed when the rest of the players return

- Martínez wasn't really good in midfield
=> fixed with more rhythm / midfielders returning

- Lewandowski was crap.
=> No need to discuss about this because he will play better, we know that.

- We lacked creativity in the middle
=> little better with James, Thiago will return

- We need more penetration and need to shoot more
=> Robben, Müller, Lewandowski is ENOUGH if they'd actually do what they're supposed to do

+ Tolisso was good

You are right in many ways but doesn't this show you MUTU is right? You can attribute all of our other problems to missing players (even though I think the available players should be good enough not to lose 4-0) but you can't do that with Lewandowski. Of course there will be times when he'll play better, much better. But there will also be times when he plays like this. They happen every season. There will also be times when he's not available.

The need for a good backup striker is so obvious I'm surprised anyone's debating it. I mean sure, MUTU is exaggerating a bit if he thinks having a backup striker would have solved our problems today, but that doesn't mean he's wrong in calling for one.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:02 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
bastos80 wrote:So what have we learned today:

- Our defense was absolute wank
=> easily fixed when the rest of the players return

- Martínez wasn't really good in midfield
=> fixed with more rhythm / midfielders returning

- Lewandowski was crap.
=> No need to discuss about this because he will play better, we know that.

- We lacked creativity in the middle
=> little better with James, Thiago will return

- We need more penetration and need to shoot more
=> Robben, Müller, Lewandowski is ENOUGH if they'd actually do what they're supposed to do

+ Tolisso was good

You are right in many ways but doesn't this show you MUTU is right? You can attribute all of our other problems to missing players (even though I think the available players should be good enough not to lose 4-0) but you can't do that with Lewandowski. Of course there will be times when he'll play better, much better. But there will also be times when he plays like this. They happen every season. There will also be times when he's not available.

The need for a good backup striker is so obvious I'm surprised anyone's debating it. I mean sure, MUTU is exaggerating a bit if he thinks having a backup striker would have solved our problems today, but that doesn't mean he's wrong in calling for one.
Hmm thanks for agreeing but where did you get the impression that I think Bayern would have won today if we had a backup?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:13 pm

How much a result can affect our minds. Now everything is about changing formations, tactics, players, etc. But Its normal, I understand and share yours frustations and fears.

I think Ancelotti have to use this summer games for experiments and take conclusions, but no matter how great we could be during the season, I think the ghost of this performance will be carry during the season. I will take every champions league games one by one, without thinking and dreaming too much in that throphy, because as I see today, Bayern can play very well during the season, but they just need a 90 minutes performance like today for embarrase all the season.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Pelin » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:43 pm

Marketing is an obligation for us guys. it's our future, also Bundesliga's future.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Pelin » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:20 pm

Btw, l don't know what Carlo's wife is doing in China. Other teams coachs wifes are with them as well?
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Effenberg777 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:22 pm

Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby Roonzil » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:33 pm

Pelin wrote:Marketing is an obligation for us guys. it's our future, also Bundesliga's future.

Marketing might be an obligation, but a result like today's is only counterproductive. Possible fans will have watched this game and concluded Milan is a far nicer club to support (just listen to the loud Milan chants...the Chinese owner...and today's performance and celebrations).

2 good friendlies in China > 4 mediocre ones where we embarrass ourselves. :coffee:
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:44 pm

MUTU wrote:Hmm thanks for agreeing but where did you get the impression that I think Bayern would have won today if we had a backup?

From a post by bastos :P
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:16 pm

No better marketing than winning the CL...
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:56 pm

Pelin wrote:Btw, l don't know what Carlo's wife is doing in China. Other teams coachs wifes are with them as well?
For marketing purposes,

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:24 pm

I'm not sure why are we complaining about Lewandowski who at least wasn't injured in a pointless friendly. If he doesn't want to risk himself in Hong Kong or a decided game vs Dortmund (like he should have had last season) maybe he can play in those important games instead of missing again vs Real and Barcelona. . .

Tolisso was good up to the 4-0. He failed to cover the shot miserably. Hummels had a howler and for God's sake Rafinha ISN'T up to par. Why on earth does he think he has a shot at Lahm's spot so he can allow three goals from his flank is beyond me. . .
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

PreviousNext

Return to Friendlies