You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bayern Munich II and Youth Teams Matches

Discussions on the Bayern Munich Amatuer team matches

Re: Bayern Munich II and Youth Teams Matches

Postby MUTU » Fri May 11, 2012 7:05 pm

I have read on Twitter that both Jennings and van Buyten hit the post, the latter from a corner.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Fri May 11, 2012 7:18 pm

Chill. Isolated specimen make for poor indications of a trend.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby München Minded » Fri May 11, 2012 8:02 pm

Actually this does matter, as it shows DvB is way out of form since his injury where he hasn't played for many months. No way is the guy going to be ready for the CL, especially not as a starter. This game was meant, I am sure, by JH as a test to gauge where DvB is in terms of fitness and form. Also we can't just rely on a keeper to save the day from poor defense, won't cut it in the CL -- especially against Drogba nor Torres. DvB will probably make the bench for the CL with the hopes he isn't needed. I would rather give Can a shot at the CL at defense than DvB, at least Can has played more often recently and his fitness and form are better, regardless of what his "official" position usually is.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri May 11, 2012 8:06 pm

I partially agree with your points here. But to put you in the picture, Can did play 85 minutes as a central defender today.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Fri May 11, 2012 8:24 pm

München Minded wrote:This game was meant, I am sure, by JH as a test to gauge where DvB is in terms of fitness and form.

So, uh, you found a stream, did you?

Because if you didn't, I don't think you can make any judgements about van Buyten's fitness and form.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby München Minded » Fri May 11, 2012 8:26 pm

MUTU wrote:I partially agree with your points here. But to put you in the picture, Can did play 85 minutes as a central defender today.

Right, and I'm not placing blame on the FCB II loss as they haven't been great all season. I was looking solely at fitness and form, and where those are concerned DvB won't fair well. Tymo will be far superior compared to DvB, and I think Can would be a better choice too. I would rather even see Contento or Lahm in central defense than DvB right now. And I stress the right now part because I'm not talking overall about DvB as many arguments have gone in the forum -- I am sure next season DvB will be great for us. But taking any chance in a CL Final like that is asking for trouble. I really think JH was testing where DvB was at, and it didn't go so well, and only one week before the final. I seriously hope Can makes the bench regardless of the scoreline today in this game.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby München Minded » Fri May 11, 2012 8:30 pm

quaazi wrote:
München Minded wrote:This game was meant, I am sure, by JH as a test to gauge where DvB is in terms of fitness and form.

So, uh, you found a stream, did you?

Because if you didn't, I don't think you can make any judgements about van Buyten's fitness and form.

Common sense. Any coach would want to play a player they might need for an important final in at least one game before the CL Final, and the only professional game being played by Bayern is the Pokal cup final -- and we don't want to take chances there to "test" out DvB now would we. So we don't need solid leads and proof of what was going on here, because why even play a pro player from the first team in an FCB II team at all. Its a combination of test so JH knows where DvB is at in terms of fitness and form after his injury so he can get DvB the correct training to bring him up to speed -- its not like I'm talking about a pass or fail grade, and as I said I would still personally want Can on the bench -- but as I mentioned I am sure DvB will be there.
der Kaiser:
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby quaazi » Fri May 11, 2012 9:03 pm

München Minded wrote:Common sense. Any coach would want to play a player they might need for an important final in at least one game before the CL Final

I guess this is why Chelsea are so eager to get Cahill and Luiz back into the squad so that their first game from returning would be the CL final.

OH WAI-
So we don't need solid leads and proof of what was going on here
Uhuh.
because why even play a pro player from the first team in an FCB II team at all
Is this honestly the first player injury you've ever seen? :|
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri May 11, 2012 9:05 pm

Putting DVB is a risk but I don't think you can have a bigger risk than debuting an 18-year old, in a position which is not his favourite, in the Champions League final.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri May 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Apparently FC Bayern II played with a 4-2-3-1 formation and, contrary to what I said earlier, Can played in midfield.

Sattelmaier - Steimel, Van Buyten (62' Köz), Dombrowka, Vrzogic - Dreier, Can (77' Weihrauch) - Altinay (46' Horn), Deul, Jennings - Fischer

Source: http://www.fcbayern.telekom.de/de/aktue ... /34972.php
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby München Minded » Fri May 11, 2012 10:36 pm

quaazi wrote:
München Minded wrote:Common sense. Any coach would want to play a player they might need for an important final in at least one game before the CL Final

I guess this is why Chelsea are so eager to get Cahill and Luiz back into the squad so that their first game from returning would be the CL final.

OH WAI-
So we don't need solid leads and proof of what was going on here
Uhuh.
because why even play a pro player from the first team in an FCB II team at all
Is this honestly the first player injury you've ever seen? :|

Not sure where you are going with this except to argue for argument sake, but DvB was injured which we all know, and like any other injury to any player that has kept the player out for a long time would usually get put in the FCB II team for match practice -- I never argued that. Of course DvB was put in the FCB II team to give him that, versus being put in (for example) the Pokal cup final for match practice (if he gets more time in there too, then great). So in effect JH put DvB in FCB II for match practice, but also to gauge his fitness and form -- like he would any other player. It is a scramble to make sure he is fit and ready, but by no means should we rely on him in the CL Final.

And no we don't need a stream to prove how well he played in the FCB II game, scoreline doesn't matter in his case, only match practice and testing fitness and form. What was your point in saying I needed a stream on making a judgement on fitness and form to say that DvB wouldn't be a good choice versus Tymo?

Chelsea on the other hand have no choice, verus Bayern who Tymo -- yet your point on Chelsea was what really? who cares what Chelsea does, that has no bearing on Bayern and our preparation. Their policies are not ours, and if they choose to play Luis and Cahill in their reserve team or not doesn't matter. The way you wrote the Chelsea thing indicates we use them as a model for what we need to do.

Its obvious you would play DvB as a starter to handle Drogba because of his height, etc. -- without taking into account how well DvB would even do since being out since January, and only recently getting back to training and playing in an FCB II game. It doesn't matter if DvB is a CB by trade versus Tymo. As for Can he is listed as a defender on the FCB II team and not a midfielder - and I would rather have him as well over DvB based on fitness and form. I don't care if DvB hit the post from a set piece, if we need his goals versus his defending then I'm sure we can roll the dice with him as a forward (which he started his career out as in his youth).
der Kaiser:
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby ojasmhatre » Sat May 12, 2012 4:53 am

DVB shouldn't start 4 months out with injury he is slow when he is fit what would happen when he is not at 100% I really don't want a repeat of the 2010 final please!
ojasmhatre
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby quaazi » Sat May 12, 2012 7:18 am

München Minded wrote:And no we don't need a stream to prove how well he played in the FCB II game, scoreline doesn't matter in his case, only match practice and testing fitness and form. What was your point in saying I needed a stream on making a judgement on fitness and form to say that DvB wouldn't be a good choice versus Tymo?

Okay, I give up. If you'll excuse me, I have to go throw up due to your insistent usage of the phrase "fitness and form".
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Lancashire » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:06 pm

Would anyone be able to tell what the general consensus is regarding Dale Jennings, i remember there was great suprise when it was announced that Bayern had signed him from such a small team as Tranmere. I understand that he had an injury during part of the season but how did he fair for the rest of the season?
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Lancashire
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby quaazi » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:12 pm

IIRC the reserves season ended before he could return from injury.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to FC Bayern München II