You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:57 pm

Cazorla wrote:
MUTU wrote:
Cazorla wrote:Not a big fan of Wenger, but this was sad to watch. :roll:

Oh come on, almost everyone here respects Wenger, but you have to see the light side of this. The dude had a really bad day.

I respect him and thank him for what he has done, but to me he has taken us as far as he can. He is still stuck in the past and gets outplayed too often by new managers. His tactics are always questionable, and to me he favors french players. I cant stand Giroud and every single game he starts for us, its dreadful watching him play.

I think your comment are a bit harsh... and I think now he passed on to the German train rather than the french one. :wink:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Cazorla » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:51 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
I respect him and thank him for what he has done, but to me he has taken us as far as he can. He is still stuck in the past and gets outplayed too often by new managers. His tactics are always questionable, and to me he favors french players. I cant stand Giroud and every single game he starts for us, its dreadful watching him play.

I think your comment are a bit harsh... and I think now he passed on to the German train rather than the french one. :wink:

Maybe, but he is too stubborn, and his decision not to add to the squad when Theo and Ramsey got injure will hunt us. We have been close to winning the league before but he decided to gamble and we lost.
Cazorla
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:11 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
CaptainLahm21 wrote:In the league cup away goals count but in extra time only its so stupid before bardsley scored in the 119th min man u were heading through on away goals.

What kind of system is that? :roll:

This system makes a LOT of sense in my opinion, better than the 'normal' system.

The 'normal' system, of away goals rule after 90 mins in the 2nd leg, encourages teams to defend at home because there is more negative value attached to conceding a goal at home than to score a goal at home.

With this league cup rule, it encourages teams to attack more at home and not worry too much about conceding a goal, because they may feel they can 'outscore' the visiting team. Then, when it goes to extra time, it's pretty obvious that the home team has an advantage. Right then it makes sense that if both teams score an extra time goal that the away team would go through.

It's a great system, I love it!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:28 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
CaptainLahm21 wrote:In the league cup away goals count but in extra time only its so stupid before bardsley scored in the 119th min man u were heading through on away goals.

What kind of system is that? :roll:

This system makes a LOT of sense in my opinion, better than the 'normal' system.

The 'normal' system, of away goals rule after 90 mins in the 2nd leg, encourages teams to defend at home because there is more negative value attached to conceding a goal at home than to score a goal at home.

With this league cup rule, it encourages teams to attack more at home and not worry too much about conceding a goal, because they may feel they can 'outscore' the visiting team. Then, when it goes to extra time, it's pretty obvious that the home team has an advantage. Right then it makes sense that if both teams score an extra time goal that the away team would go through.

It's a great system, I love it!

I also prefer the league cup system, having the away goals rule takes away the advantage of playing at home when as a home team you should be going at it especially since your fans will be watching...
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:34 pm

If you think about it, the away goals rule after 90 mins in the 2nd leg is utterly ridiculous. It awards the teams that least entertain their own fans (who paid to watch the match).

If there was no away goal rule, I'm sure that the majority of people going to watch their favourite club at their home stadium would rather see a 5-4 win than a 1-0 win.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:36 pm

MUTU wrote:If you think about it, the away goals rule after 90 mins in the 2nd leg is utterly ridiculous. It awards the teams that least entertain their own fans (who paid to watch the match).

If there was no away goal rule, I'm sure that the majority of people going to watch their favourite club at their home stadium would rather see a 5-4 win than a 1-0 win.

I hope one day UEFA review that rule, UCL knockout games are so annoying with that away goal rule in place. The best teams already play in the competition, they dont need to give anyone favors....

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:05 pm

I think that away goals should simply be removed completely. I don't think it makes sense to introduce them at extra-time. So say a team wins 2-1 at home and loses 1-0 away. The game goes to extra time, in which no team scores, and suddenly one of the teams deserves to go through more than the other?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:39 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think that away goals should simply be removed completely. I don't think it makes sense to introduce them at extra-time. So say a team wins 2-1 at home and loses 1-0 away. The game goes to extra time, in which no team scores, and suddenly one of the teams deserves to go through more than the other?

It's not like that in the English League Cup (which we are discussing) though.

If one team scores more goals over 2 legs than the opponent, this team goes through after 90 mins in the second leg.
If both teams score an equal total amount of goals, the match goes to extra time, irrespective of how many away goals were scored.

If the match goes to extra time there are 4 options:
- Home team scores (home team wins)
- Away team scores (away team wins)
- Both teams score an equal amount of goals (away team wins)
- Neither team score (match goes to penalties)

Therefore, in the case you brought up, the match would go to extra time and then to penalties.

For me, this makes much more sense than the UEFA system.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:05 pm

Ah, I misunderstood the system then. So only away goals scored in extra time count?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:18 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Ah, I misunderstood the system then. So only away goals scored in extra time count?

Exactly.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:21 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Ah, I misunderstood the system then. So only away goals scored in extra time count?

Exactly.

Still better than the current Champions League format :roll:

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Lol! Chelsea drew 1-1 today vs West Brom thanks to a last minute equalizer from Anichebe. Arsenal just need to beat Man U and they will be sitting at the top of the table again. Does it get any easier? :P

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:10 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Lol! Chelsea drew 1-1 today vs West Brom thanks to a last minute equalizer from Anichebe. Arsenal just need to beat Man U and they will be sitting at the top of the table again. Does it get any easier? :P

So they will be either very confident or exactly the opposite when we play them next week.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:11 pm

MUTU wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:Lol! Chelsea drew 1-1 today vs West Brom thanks to a last minute equalizer from Anichebe. Arsenal just need to beat Man U and they will be sitting at the top of the table again. Does it get any easier? :P

So they will be either very confident or exactly the opposite when we play them next week.

This is quite conflicting since i despise Man U :?

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Ruht » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:24 am

What's more interesting is that if Liverpool win, they'll be 4 points off the top (provided Arsenal don't win too). Hopefully they won't bottle it against Fulham.

As for Arsenal - United, it's a no-brainer for me. I want an Arsenal win. Can't even make myself say "I want a United win".
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe