You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby JJJ » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:18 pm

What a game! Negredo, Kompany 2-1 Coutinho.
Kraft
Hummels, Badstuber, Alaba
Schöpf, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can, Contento
Müller, Wagner

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Cazorla » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:21 pm

FCB general wrote:This could be the greatest English championship since playing under Premier league format. :D Even Everton got placed himself on the 5th position after 17 matches with only one defeat, haha. :lol:

Good Jinx. :lol:
Cazorla
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:25 pm

2-1 Man C vs Liverpool

L'pool were unlucky not to get a point from this match
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby runaway » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:34 pm

I'm really surprised Liverpool was able to hold on against City's home form. Even by looking at the stats, the game could have gone either way. And they missed some sitters too. Too bad. The 1 touch passing though is really good. Props to them. We'll see how they fare against Bourinho's park the bus tactic. :lol:
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby MUTU » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:47 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Tedesco » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:01 pm

runaway wrote:I'm really surprised Liverpool was able to hold on against City's home form. Even by looking at the stats, the game could have gone either way. And they missed some sitters too. Too bad. The 1 touch passing though is really good. Props to them. We'll see how they fare against Bourinho's park the bus tactic. :lol:

Liverpool actually played better, create a lot more clear-cut chances.The referee was abysmal thou. Liverpool had an onsite goal cancelled and a penalty on Suarez not given.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Impact » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:44 pm

Great birthday present from United with a comeback win.
Impact
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Ruht » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:55 pm

Impact wrote:Great birthday present from United with a comeback win.

You are slowly finding your feet under Moyes, however the teams above you keep winning. I can't really pick a top 4 right now, I feel United would get into the 4 but at whose expense I just can't tell.

City and Liverpool are looking very good, Arsenal are very worn-out at the moment though they keep winning against the smaller teams. As the season drags on I think they might start to lose form, and seeing their February/March schedule doesn't warm the heart (of an Arsenal fan that is).

Chelsea look by far the worst of the top 4 as of now, but Mourinho probably won't drop from the top 4. We probably will be able to tell after January, when more games have been played and some teams have gained the upper hand (most probably City). Happy Birthday by the way! :D
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:20 pm

Tedesco wrote:
runaway wrote:I'm really surprised Liverpool was able to hold on against City's home form. Even by looking at the stats, the game could have gone either way. And they missed some sitters too. Too bad. The 1 touch passing though is really good. Props to them. We'll see how they fare against Bourinho's park the bus tactic. :lol:

Liverpool actually played better, create a lot more clear-cut chances.The referee was abysmal thou. Liverpool had an onsite goal cancelled and a penalty on Suarez not given.

Yes Lpool had a penalty and other wrong calls by the ref. Are they going to start being punished for good of the Premier League favorite team? Heq they need UTD in the top 4.
WHat about Arsenal he came in and changed the whole course of the match... !
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:25 am

Liverpool were very unlucky this match :P
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388100350.397888.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Lukas » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:12 am

Well I'm a Hull fan (place of birth) and I'll be haunted by that goal winning goal tonight! But I suspect not as badly as Chester will be. In my opinion we scored too early and just tried to keep Utd out for 85 min which was never going to work, then suddenly we found ourselves level again and there was only going to be one winner after that. Bloody annoying way to concede though.

Massive game for us on Saturday now at home to Fulham. Need to put more points between us and that bottom 3 with Liverpool and Chelsea as our first two games of 2014 [-o<

Trouble is we don't score enough and have probably used up our "quota" of goals for the week today so I predict 0-0
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby Impact » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:35 am

Ruht wrote:

You are slowly finding your feet under Moyes, however the teams above you keep winning. I can't really pick a top 4 right now, I feel United would get into the 4 but at whose expense I just can't tell.

City and Liverpool are looking very good, Arsenal are very worn-out at the moment though they keep winning against the smaller teams. As the season drags on I think they might start to lose form, and seeing their February/March schedule doesn't warm the heart (of an Arsenal fan that is).

Chelsea look by far the worst of the top 4 as of now, but Mourinho probably won't drop from the top 4. We probably will be able to tell after January, when more games have been played and some teams have gained the upper hand (most probably City). Happy Birthday by the way! :D

Thanks for the happy birthday, and this year is a really tight year in terms of the league and top four. I think Liverpool is going getting into a european spot, but I don't think it will be CL, I just have a feeling they'll lose their amazing form in later games of the season.
Chelsea have been really poor, it's mostly just individual's scoring from their own brilliance than team play. City could honestly win the league this season if they can play more consistently.
Impact wrote:
Great birthday present from United with a comeback win.

Well I'm a Hull fan (place of birth) and I'll be haunted by that goal winning goal tonight! But I suspect not as badly as Chester will be. In my opinion we scored too early and just tried to keep Utd out for 85 min which was never going to work, then suddenly we found ourselves level again and there was only going to be one winner after that. Bloody annoying way to concede though.

Massive game for us on Saturday now at home to Fulham. Need to put more points between us and that bottom 3 with Liverpool and Chelsea as our first two games of 2014

Trouble is we don't score enough and have probably used up our "quota" of goals for the week today so I predict 0-0

I was watching the game and the weird thing is I didn't feel worried when we went 2-0 down. I felt like it was going to be one of those classic MU games where we comeback and make the game seem like we were leading from the get go. I feel bad for Chester since he had a goal against us and for us, plus the fact that he used to play for us. How has Robbie Brady been doing at Hull?
Impact
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Lukas » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:25 pm

Impact wrote: I was watching the game and the weird thing is I didn't feel worried when we went 2-0 down. I felt like it was going to be one of those classic MU games where we comeback and make the game seem like we were leading from the get go. I feel bad for Chester since he had a goal against us and for us, plus the fact that he used to play for us. How has Robbie Brady been doing at Hull?

He's been immense for us, especially last season and was IMO the main reason we went up. Unfortunately he hasn't had chance to show his true potential this season as he's been in and out of the side through injuries. If he can get himself fully fit again and show the form of last year we'll stay up. We also either need a striker (Danny Graham what an absolute pile of shit), or the likes of Huddleston and Livermore in midfield to start grabbing a few more goals.

Anyway I do hope you (or Arsenal) can pull off a miracle and win the league. I grew up in the era when Man U and Arsenal were going at it toe to toe for the title every season (although I always favoured Arsenal myself :wink: ) and they were, I think the best days of the PL. Keane v Vieira, Keown v Van Nistelrooy, pizzagate and a lot more incidents I've probably forgotten
Lukas
I post all the time

National Flag:
England

Postby Impact » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:46 pm

Lukas wrote:
Impact wrote: I was watching the game and the weird thing is I didn't feel worried when we went 2-0 down. I felt like it was going to be one of those classic MU games where we comeback and make the game seem like we were leading from the get go. I feel bad for Chester since he had a goal against us and for us, plus the fact that he used to play for us. How has Robbie Brady been doing at Hull?

He's been immense for us, especially last season and was IMO the main reason we went up. Unfortunately he hasn't had chance to show his true potential this season as he's been in and out of the side through injuries. If he can get himself fully fit again and show the form of last year we'll stay up. We also either need a striker (Danny Graham what an absolute pile of shit), or the likes of Huddleston and Livermore in midfield to start grabbing a few more goals.

Anyway I do hope you (or Arsenal) can pull off a miracle and win the league. I grew up in the era when Man U and Arsenal were going at it toe to toe for the title every season (although I always favoured Arsenal myself :wink: ) and they were, I think the best days of the PL. Keane v Vieira, Keown v Van Nistelrooy, pizzagate and a lot more incidents I've probably forgotten

Honestly, I think if we loaned Will Keane to you guys instead of Wigan he'd solve some of your striker problems. If we don't win the league I'm hoping Arsenal wins it, because it's always good when a club with similar background to Man Utd wins trophies, that's one of the main reasons I like Dortmund.
Impact
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MUTU » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:33 pm

Impact wrote:Honestly, I think if we loaned Will Keane to you guys instead of Wigan he'd solve some of your striker problems. If we don't win the league I'm hoping Arsenal wins it, because it's always good when a club with similar background to Man Utd wins trophies, that's one of the main reasons I like Dortmund.

What striker problems exactly? Also, Bayern are not a club that loans players. In fact I only ever remember us loaning one player, Takashi Usami. And he had a clause that allowed us to buy him for a fixed price at any time, so it wasn't a traditional loan anyway.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe