You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby FCB general » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:40 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:Not true. They have a good number of great players. Mhikitaryan, Aubameyang, Özil are close to WC, while Lacazzette, Xhaka, Mustafi and Bellerin are fairly good. They also got themselves a superb chief scout in Mislintat. They could right the ship in the very short term with a few signings and a proper coach.

Few years ago I just thought and saw things at Arsenal as you think and see them now. But you can't after last 10 years fix things so easily. The mentality and statue of the club is completely ruined and Arsenal has been nothing more but a team of bunch of losers and mockery around the world(even "4th place is trophy" hasn't been seen quite some time), guided by a senile freak who simply blames the entire world except him and the board only what can have in mind is to continue with their high ticket prices, pump the money in their bank account and forget to reshape the club from top to bottom.
The club lost its ID long time ago. They used to be a French club in the first part of 2000's led by world class players Vieira, Henry, Pires, Bergkamp, A. Cole, S. Campell, Ljungberg, G. Silva... In the last 13 years they are nothing more but a mediocre team, selling club, losers ready to be humiliated by any English and elite club in Europe which they used to beat frequently 12-15-20 years ago.
The owners are unwilling to change anything regarding the club's poor situation over the last 9 years. 2-3 FA Cups that they won in the last 5 years still isn't what Arsenal fans want to see.
They want Premier League titles, world-class and elite players playing at Arsenal who come to stay for 8-10 years, not to leave looking for bigger and better side, win against their fierce rivals in England and face equally against European opponents, attacking and attractive football as it was between 2001-2005, Champions League quarter and semi finals.
I don't think Kroenke and Gazidis are thinking in that way, otherwise they'd have sacked Wenger 6-7 years ago or at least forced him to leave the managerial post and moved him to managing director position or something.

It's not that all players suck, but under Wenger they've only become much worse with a few exceptions in the team. That's not Arsenal I remember from the 90's and 2000's. :|
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby aterford » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:51 am

You have to wonder at some point if these players are going to be able to see the "ship righted" so to speak. Sometimes when you're in terrible form for so long, it becomes harder and harder to get back on track. Bellerin has been poor for two years. Xhaka has yet to play well for Arsenal. Aubameyang's biggest asset is his pace and that's gonna fade as he ages (never mind the fact that he simply won't get the same service he did at Dortmund, who IMO were cater-made to his game - same as Lacazette's experienced). Koscielny, Mertesacker, and Monreal are all past it. Ramsey and Wilshere have always been overrated. Cazorla's past it. They still have a decent attack...but apart from that, I think it's gonna take more than just a couple signings to see them back competing for (meaningful) trophies
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:07 am

Did some research on the internet and I’ve come to the conclusion that Arsene Wenger will never leave Arsenal on his own. He says he never wants to retire from football. This is a clear reflection of his personal life.

According to Wikipedia, the man has nothing in his life apart from Football. Even in his spare time he analyzes football games. His other interest is politics. His Wife left him a few years ago and he has a daughter named Lea (not sure if he stays with her or how much he interacts with her)

This is the story of an old man whose entire life revolves around football and he is scared of retirement because he has no life outside football. He has even said that he wants to continue managing after Arsenal. He sees retirement as an early ticket to the grave. I feel so sorry for him. If he leaves football he’ll be that old man who has no family to retire with. I think he’s afraid of a lonely life in his late years, that’s why he clings onto the Arsenal job so much.

Compare Wenger to Heynckes who has a wife and family with whom he can enjoy his retirement and so he doesn’t want to continue managing Bayern. He wants to retire in peace and spend his late life with his family. Wenger though has no such personal life to look forward to and if you take away football from his life, all you have is a lonely old man who has no one with him in his late years. Its a sad reality.

He won’t leave on his own, he has become that old grandpa who is too stubborn to change his ways and would rather die than accept he’s wrong. The club has to grow a pair and show him the door this summer.

He will still have job offers back in France or maybe Italy as well. I have utmost respect for what he has done for Arsenal F.C. but all things come to an end and the writing is on the wall for him now (has been for quite a while actually)

A nice read on Wenger’s background.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:15 pm

I think you are jumping into conclusions too soon. You only have a rough idea of Wenger's personal life to make such statements :-k
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby America USA » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:18 pm

Maybe I am but being a legal professional I am using inductive reasoning here. Wenger’s only motivation in life at this point in time appears to be football. The fact that he has said that he wants to coach even if he leaves Arsenal and that he never publically talks about retirement make my theory even more credible.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby pyrasur » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:21 pm

Is that what inductive reasoning is? I was always confused about the difference.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby America USA » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:51 pm

pyrasur wrote:Is that what inductive reasoning is? I was always confused about the difference.

For beginners and laymen, this is a very helpful article.

The basic difference is this:

Deduction:
All Men are Mortal
Pyrasur is a Man
Therefore, Pyrasur is Mortal.
^ In this example the conclusion logically follows from the premises. Syllogism, also a kind of deductive reasoning, is key in legal arguments.

Induction:
All crows that have been seen in USA are black, All crows that have been seen in Europe are black and All the crows that have been seen in Asia are black
Therefore, all crows are black.

Pyrasur is a basketball player
All basketball players are tall
Therefore, Pyrasur is tall.

^ These are examples of inductive reasoning because the premises provide evidence to support the truth of the conclusion, but the conclusion may not logically follow from the statement.

I used this kind of induction in my above post:
Wenger is an old man who has no family
All old men who do not have a family life are lonely
Therefore, Wenger must be lonely.

This kind of inductive argument may or may not be true. Induction is most commonly used to make predictions or for forecasting potential outcomes.

——————————

Ok the Logic lesson aside, back to the football. Wenger must not remain Arsenal manager after this season. I can see them dropping points again against Brighton. Brighton’s recent hone form has been fine and Arsenal this season have been a disgrace in their away games.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:27 pm

:crazy:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:38 am

America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Isabella » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:27 am

aterford wrote:Really, is Aubameyang any better off now? I'm sure he's getting paid more handsomely but....jeeze

Likely he is still happy, maybe Chelsea wuold have been better from a sporting POV but is still more money and living in the big city of London with all its night life...
Isabella
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Italy

Postby FCB general » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:09 pm

39th minute of the game, Brighton & Hove Albion 2 - 0 Arsenal =D> :lol:

Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby America USA » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:12 pm

FCB general wrote:39th minute of the game, Brighton & Hove Albion 2 - 0 Arsenal =D> :lol:

Holy shit, really?

I just got up right now and I see this post! #-o
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby klinsmann » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:09 pm

No Kante. Chelsea are doomed.

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk
There is no right or wrong,
only yes and no. The rest are just bullshit.
klinsmann
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:12 pm

Arsenal down

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:15 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Arsenal down

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Lol if only :lol: Mind you they are in relegation form atm :lol:
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe