You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby America USA » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:36 pm

Gutting defeat as an Arsenal supporter. The better team won, Arsenal were outplayed in the second half. Citeh are playing better than Bayern did under Pep.

With that being said as Craig Burley said during commentary on ESPN, Yes Man City were the favourites and deservedly won but Arsenal didn’t create much and very terrible in midfield. Mustafi on the first goal and Jack on the third were diabolical. However, I won't single out the players too much for criticism, the manager has to go. Respect Wenger for his contributions to AFC but he’s way past his best and when (yes when) Arsenal lose in the Europa League he needs to do the right thing and call it quits at the end of this season.

Horrible Weekend in football for me, Bayern drop points, Jose wins, Barcelona continue their invincible run in La Liga, Real Madrid with a huge win and Arsenal lose a cup final. Dortmund to pulverise Augsburg to make it worse :(

FCB general wrote:A. Wenger is still on board. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I really wonder how much humiliation is needed for that average franchise... :mrgreen:

With the level of opposition left in the UEFA Cup, Arsenal are not winning the EL. Wenger must go this summer. There’s no two ways about it!
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Manchu » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:38 pm

I really wonder how much humiliation is needed for that average franchise... :mrgreen:

The sad thing is that their squad is actually pretty decent, it's just that Arsene Wenger manages to make good players look terrible even when he doesn't randomly bench half of their good players. I don't understand why Mkhitaryan wasn't even in the squad.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby klinsmann » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:40 pm

Manchu wrote:The sad thing is that their squad is actually pretty decent, it's just that Arsene Wenger manages to make good players look terrible even when he doesn't randomly bench half of their good players. I don't understand why Mkhitaryan wasn't even in the squad.

I think he was cup-tied for the game. CMIIW.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk
Last edited by klinsmann on Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no right or wrong,
only yes and no. The rest are just bullshit.
klinsmann
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby America USA » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:40 pm

Sad day for me personally seeing a team I supported since childhood (alongside Bayern of course) become an oil plastic club’s playing toy. The reality is that the once great Arsenal have become a mediocre club.

And speaking about Citeh, God save Bayern if we draw them in the QF. Must avoid them, Barca and Liverpool at all costs!
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Manchu » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:56 pm

America USA wrote:
Horrible Weekend in football for me, Bayern drop points, Jose wins, Barcelona continue their invincible run in La Liga, Real Madrid with a huge win and Arsenal lose a cup final. Dortmund to pulverise Augsburg to make it worse :(

Hey, look on the bright side. Köln just beat RB Leipzig away, sticking one to Red Bull while massively increasing the chance that Hamburg will be relegated.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby FCB general » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:33 pm

Manchu wrote:The sad thing is that their squad is actually pretty decent, it's just that Arsene Wenger manages to make good players look terrible even when he doesn't randomly bench half of their good players. I don't understand why Mkhitaryan wasn't even in the squad.

Precisely this. They have been underperforming for years due to Wenger's idiotism. He should have been sacked 6-7 years ago, but noooo...
Besides, the club's board is just looking for ways how to suck in more pounds through the highest PL tickets, cheap investments, selling top players, etc. They destroyed Arsenal's reputation for profit, but they didn't count on the fact that less profit would come with no results/trophies and CL money.
Adidas shall become their kit supplier from the 2019/2020 season after they rejected that possibility in 2013 after their almost 2 decades long contract with Nike wasn't extended, but they can forget about the ManU's mega deal with the German sportswear company.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:16 pm

Manchu wrote:

The sad thing is that their squad is actually pretty decent, it's just that Arsene Wenger manages to make good players look terrible even when he doesn't randomly bench half of their good players. I don't understand why Mkhitaryan wasn't even in the squad.

Bit of an overstatement this. Bellerin, Cech, Mustafi, Ramsey, Iwobi, Chambers, Holding, and until recently Giroud are nothing players. The only true great players in their squad are Özil and Wilshere, until Lacazette and/or Aubameyang perform.

Reckon it's Wenger's fault for even building the squad with these players, but not necessarily blaming him for on-pitch performance.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:47 am

Arsenal v Man C will cross swords again this coming Thu
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:10 pm

With Kroenke in charge and still making great profits, don't be surprised to see Wenger there for a few more years yet...
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:26 pm

aterford wrote:With Kroenke in charge and still making great profits, don't be surprised to see Wenger there for a few more years yet...

Arsenal fans haven't decided for a complete boycott and that's the problem. They still tolerate something that can't be tolerated at all. :|
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Red Cross

Re: 2017/18 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby klinsmann » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:05 pm

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk
There is no right or wrong,
only yes and no. The rest are just bullshit.
klinsmann
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:18 pm

City RAPING Arsenal.

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:20 pm

My God

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby theundead » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:21 pm

The second and third goals were beautiful. poetry in motion.
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby America USA » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:38 pm

This is painful to watch for any Arsenal supporter. Wenger please lets just move on! Thanks for the memories but it is painfully obvious that his time at Arsenal is clearly up.

Man City are a scary opponent, do not want Bayern to draw them! Sane has been outstanding so far. Those first two goals were just class!
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe