You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby JANCKER » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:24 pm

.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:52 pm

JANCKER wrote:
Coman wrote:I saw "Inzaghi not good enough for Juve". The guy was starter and was sold 45M€. In the past that like 80M€ today.

Despite a very good tally of 89 goals in 165 games for the Bianconeri, Inzaghi was soon benched in favour of David Trezeguet. Is that being good enough?

That's missing the context though. He was good enough but so was Trezeguet, but also he left mainly because he was being pushed out by some teammates, mainly Del Piero who didn't like him.

Calling Seedorf and Pirlo trash for failing at Inter is like calling Robben trash because he was a failure at Real Madrid and they got rid of him and several other players on a discount after failing against Barcelona and in Europe. But unlike Real Madrid Inter was a true failing club despite the money they spent and stars they brought together (including Ronaldo at his peak). Seedorf was already a 24-year old 2 time CL champion when he went to Inter (he previously won the CL with Ajax in 1995 and with Real Madrid -with Heynckes- in 1998 before winning twice with Milan again in 2003 and 2007). Maybe you were a bit young to miss the context there. Everyone who went to Inter in those years failed, including Marcello Lippi (who went there the same time), Christian Vieri and many others. Once they left Inter they went back to winning trophies, Lippi back at Juventus, Seedorf at Milan, Ronaldo at Real Madrid etc..

JANCKER wrote:Saying that Milan were like Barca and RM is wrong... cause Barca and RM sign only the very best, not benchwarmers.

Barcelona were nothing like today in Europe back then and Milan were just as big as Real, having trashed both Real and Barcelona starting in 89 all the way through the 90s when they won the CL/European cup 3 times in those years before they began winning again with Ancelotti. And their team was the best in Europe on paper when they won it again in 2003.

Barcelona got this big in Europe after mid 2000s with Ronaldinho and especially with Pep Guardiola. They weren't a team of a huge significance in Europe before then.
fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:16 pm

Carlo has to get 90% credit for making Pirlo world class... he was trash as it gets. Seedorf was first trashed out from RM then Inter... if you don't call that trash then I don't know what you call trash even if he won 2 CLs... Inzaghi's case was different but he wasn't first choice at Juve.

When Carlo does the stupid mistakes of Juve and Inter then you can say that Carlo is shit and sound alarm bells...

Gattuso was a complete anonymous, so basically their midfield consisted of trashed out players from other clubs, their biggest rivals if you will.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:31 pm

Don't tell anyone outside this board that Seedorf was trash, they'll laugh at you. Seedorf was more decorated club winner than Robben or Schweinsteiger before he even moved to Inter at 24 years of age with 2 CL trophies under his belt. If he was a loser trash, then Robben and Vidal sure were both trash when they arrived at Bayern.

Pirlo was 21 years old when he left Inter for milan, he didn't have much of a career to be a failure yet.
fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby JANCKER » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:35 pm

Seedorf is not trash but he was trashed out from RM and Inter. Simple.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:05 pm

He wasn't trashed out of RM, he left RM as a winner for Inter at 24 years old for a lot of money and a new career in the best league in Europe at the time and at 24 years of age he already had a more successful club career than Schweinsteiger or Robben had in their entire club careers. Inter is a loser club that's why he left Inter for a better club so he could win again. Same with Inzaghi. That Milan team should've won more with the squad they had, they were the equivalent of today's RM or Barcelona (best players didn't go to Barcelona in those years, they were insignificant, best players went to Milan, RM, other Italian clubs).

We can say Robben was more trashed out of RM than Seedorf, because unlike Robben Seedorf left RM as a European champion, but failing at RM doesn't take away from Robben's value either. He just didn't win there.
fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby JANCKER » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:24 pm

Inzaghi was OK for Juve but he lost his place. Seedorf wasn't good and Inter thought that Coco would be better than him. #-o Seedorf lost his place before leaving RM.
You compare the incomparable, I won't try to convince you when you don't want to understand.
What do Vidal or Schweini have to do with this.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:48 pm

They have nothing to do with it except I'm making the comparison so you understand just because a player doesn't win at a club and leaves doesn't mean he's trashed, there are many reasons for things. Seedorf was already a superstar when he went to Inter wfrom RM and RM trashes everyone when they lose the league (just like they trashed Robben and many others just because they were dominated by Barcelona that year, doesn't mean anything, their loss our gain, or just because Vidal didn't win the CL with Juventus and they sold him for a low fee doesn't mean he won't win with us, he's still a world class player). It didn't work at Inter because Inter were Inter, just like put Messi in Arsenal and they won't win the PL because they are Arsenal. Then Messi will move to Chelsea or United and they'll win again. Inter was a loser club, you can't really judge someone with how they performed there. Lippi is the best example, he got sacked by Inter, went back to Juventus and they began winning back to back trophies again while Inter were still losing with Tardelli and Cuper until they relegated Juventus. Then they won.
fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby JANCKER » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:06 pm

Milan fans weren't happy when they swapped Seedorf-Coco, Interistas loved it. Anyone knows who's Coco?
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:19 pm

Fans liked him because he was from their youth set up but they didn't need him and he wasn't that good either, they had Maldini and Serginho. Maldini was their best left back until Ancelotti converted him to centerback and started playing Kaladze there. Milan stiffed Inter with that deal.

They also started that season with Terim as coach, which was funny.
fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby JANCKER » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:38 pm

JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:49 pm

I have Mane mania...
Ali is nowhere to be seen for now....

Mane scored a brace in quick succession and almost had another brace(poker) but Lloris denied it for him.

What about a swap with Coata?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:57 pm

Surprise surprise Liverpool are playing well against a big team. Couldn't do it against "little Hull" though :wink:
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby JANCKER » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:00 pm

They missed Mane badly... Mane could play for Bayern. I see him as the perfect Robben successor if we want to play 4-2-3-1.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Coman » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:20 pm

They play with more intensity in this game than we did all this season.
For good football : Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal (Tolisso), Thiago (Tolisso) - Robben, Müller (James), James (Ribéry) - Lewandowski

For boring football : 4-3-3
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
France

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe