You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:53 pm

JANCKER wrote:Weird that Pep didn't sign established players for City, isn't it? He signed the very best he could sign, they were known to everyone to have a high ceiling... no cheap investment. With Pep their defense is the worst since their rise, he made some changes there.

None of those signings would have started for Bayern... with Pep or without Pep. Gundogan maybe instead of Alonso... we wanted to sign Gundogan during Pep but it was said that Pep didn't want him, wondering why, it might be because he was so much in love with Alonso.

Inzaghi, not good enough for Juve. Pirlo and Seedorf, not good enough for Inter. Gattuso, nobody knew him before.

It's like saying Lewandowski and Hummels weren't good enough for Dortmund and Robben wasn't good enough for Real. Like I said you don't know what you're talking about.

Inzaghi, Seedorf and Pirlo were good enough for everyone, Seedorf was already a CL winner at Real (he won it with Jupp Heynckes actually), Inter was a mess of a club back then. Inzaghi was always a starter for Juventus scoring lots of goals, not just under Ancelotti but under Lippi as well, he switched because he was unhappy at Juventus, he didn't get along with players (mainly Del Piero and few others) and Ancelotti recruited him soon after he got fired from Juventus and went to Milan. Milan spent almost a record amount of money at the time to buy him. Same with Pirlo and Seedorf. And it's common in Italy for players to switch from one big club to another, like Christian Vieri switching from Juventus to Inter. In Germany there's one Bayern, in Italy there are three and Milan was a rich club, they were the Chelsea of their time. On paper they had the best team in Europe. Saying nobody knew Gattuso before is like saying nobody knew Schweinsteiger or Kimmich before..

Had Pep stayed, De Bruyne, Gundogan, Jesus, Sane, Sterling and Silva could all play for Bayern, well Silva is 30 something but a fit Gundogan and De Bruyne could definitely start for us. City have a class midfield and a very good frontline. Their backline and goalkeeper aren't the same level but they seem to be adapting him and you can't change an entire team in one or two summers, it's expensive. But they're investing in younger players while we're trying to keep Alonso and extend others and looking to recruit for positions for which we have talent on the bench.. We need to start blending those kids in with the rest of the team and replace Robbery and Alonso with younger players as well, it's not good to wait until they can no longer play. That's why rotation is good so that they can blend in and not feel out of place when you play them in case you need them.
fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:25 pm

Shitty has a very *promising* front line, not a WC one though, but elsewhere they are not up to scratch. Their midfield is shambles; they even play KDB-Fernandinho-Silva which completely lacks balance. Their only true WC MF is Gündogan; KDB is an attacker, Silva is overrated and Fernandinho is mediocre.Their defense is just poop.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:01 pm

De Bruyne plays as free 8 in Guardiola's team and he tracks back too. He also can play on the wing and as a 10, so he's a very versatile player. He'd be a starter in our team no matter who the coach is as he can play in several positions and I think we missed a great player by not buying him when we could. Silva is also very good, he's been a starter for Spain for years while Thiago has a harder time breaking in Spain's starting 11 (being behind the likes of Iniesta and all). While Silva is naturally a 10, he plays in a deeper role in Guardiola's team like an 8 and for Spain I've seen him play more on the wing so he's also a versatile player like Thiago and Vidal. They have similar skill, Silva is a better dribbler and a good passer but he's old so he won't be around for long and will decline while Thiago is 25. Fernandinho is also playing fine, he's also a versatile player, but Yaya Toure is playing there now I think. If you watch their game as a neutral their midfield is easily comparable to ours in terms of skill, especially when Gundogan is fit except they're not as good in pressing as our midfield yet but they'll improve rapidly with Guardiola.

Their backline is poor in comparison. If they can improve their defense to the level of their midfield they'll be a difficult team to deal with.
fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:05 pm

Liverpool Football Club has banned reporters at The Sun newspaper from attending matches at Anfield due to its coverage of the Hillsborough Disaster. [source]
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:06 pm

I don't need lectures from you, thanks. I very well know (I actually pointed it out in my post) that the philosopher played with a Silva-Fernandinho-kDb midfield, and I also know how it works. What I said is, KdB is NOT a true midfielder and that combination is outrageous and has/will continue to get exposed when it matters.

You saying they have comparable talent in MF is frankly disgusting. No further comments on that.

Silva a Spain starter "for years"? When exactly. Back when Iniesta, Xabi and Xavi ruled, he didn't. Now he doesn't either. So you most mean some brief period in between, in which Spain sucked major ass. Silva has no business in a Spain X11 when they have guys like Thiago, Koke and Busquets. Maybe on the wing, cause they don't really have much to choose from there.

PunkCapitalist

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:44 pm

Silva was a starter for Spain in Euro 2012 along with Xabi, Xavi and Iniesta (Silva played in the front 3 when they were playing with all midfielders + Torres up front), he was their third best goalscorer in the tournament scoring a bunch of goals including one in the final when they trashed Italy 4-0 (who beat Germany in the semis). Just like your buddy Jancker you talk about things you don't know about (maybe you weren't watching) and your understanding of the game is just as limited as you think players only play in one position (like KDB being an attacker only).

Euro 2012 Spain's games [source]

Yeah, actually a trio of Fernandinho/Gundogan-Silva-KDB is very comparable to our midfield in terms of skill. Let me make it simple for you:

Fernandinho=Alonso (current Alonso)
Silva= Thiago (younger Silva was better but he's 31 right now and is declining, Thiago is younger)
KDB = Vidal (De Bruyne is younger)

Oh, and then there's Gundogan who's good enough to start for Germany when he's fit but he's out of the equation now. But the we have Kimmich who's also good enough to start for Germany playing in several positions. He's also comparable to Thiago in skill (when both are fit). So yeah, the midfields are comparable.

But it's a team sport, team work, overall team strength and tactics are more important than individual finesse of a few players when executed right (like Dortmund beating Real Madrid 4-1)

I don't care what you need or whether you find it disgusting or not.
fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby JANCKER » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:54 pm

fashiondesign_guru wrote:It's like saying Lewandowski and Hummels weren't good enough for Dortmund and Robben wasn't good enough for Real. Like I said you don't know what you're talking about.

You don't know what you're talking buddy... Lewandowski and Hummels weren't 2nd class players at BVB. I watched that Milan regularly, my favorite player ever played there until Ancelotti came. Not even Ancelotti knew who Kaka was before he came, but maybe you did... Top signings were Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Cafu...

I watched Italian football regularly those days, you obviously didn't...
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:57 pm

JANCKER wrote:
fashiondesign_guru wrote:It's like saying Lewandowski and Hummels weren't good enough for Dortmund and Robben wasn't good enough for Real. Like I said you don't know what you're talking about.

You don't know what you're talking buddy... Lewandowski and Hummels weren't 2nd class players at BVB. I watched that Milan regularly, my favorite player ever played there until Ancelotti came. Not even Ancelotti knew who Kaka was before he came, but maybe you did... Top signings were Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Cafu...

I watched Italian football regularly those days, you obviously didn't...

I watched Italian football those days too, so you can't fool anyone here, I've seen Ancelotti's teams from his Parma days when I was watching Juventus a lot (Juventus first bought him from Atalanta to replace Vieri). Calling Inzaghi "not good enough for Juve" is simply ridiculous and delusional.

Kaka wasn't there when Ancelotti first took over Milan, they bought him later. Neither was Pirlo, he was also transferred the year (or the one after) Ancelotti took over for quite a bit of money but he was young back then.
Last edited by fashiondesign_guru on Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby JANCKER » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:59 pm

fashiondesign_guru wrote:Kaka wasn't there when Ancelotti first took over Milan, they bought him later.

I wasn't aware of that, keep enlightening me...
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:06 pm

JANCKER wrote:
fashiondesign_guru wrote:Kaka wasn't there when Ancelotti first took over Milan, they bought him later.

I wasn't aware of that, keep enlightening me...

Obviously you and your buddy PCapitalist up there know it all, I don't need to. Obviously they bought other teams' trash (Seedorf, Inzaghi) like we bought other teams' trash (Vidal, Robben). Ironically Seedorf in those days was a superior player to Vidal (or anyone in our current midfield for that matter) and was a European Champion for both Real and Milan.

Ancelotti had a very good team at Milan.
fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:37 pm

Go and post in Bluemoon about your love for Silva and their midfield. I don't know why you come here to talk about how great that bs league is.

PunkCapitalist

Postby Coman » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:27 pm

I saw "Inzaghi not good enough for Juve". The guy was starter and was sold 45M€. In the past that like 80M€ today.
For good football : Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal (Tolisso), Thiago (Rudy) - Robben, Müller (James), James (Ribéry) - Lewandowski

For boring football : 4-3-3
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby JANCKER » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:29 pm

Coman wrote:I saw "Inzaghi not good enough for Juve". The guy was starter and was sold 45M€. In the past that like 80M€ today.

Despite a very good tally of 89 goals in 165 games for the Bianconeri, Inzaghi was soon benched in favour of David Trezeguet. Is that being good enough?
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Coman » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:31 pm

JANCKER wrote:
Coman wrote:I saw "Inzaghi not good enough for Juve". The guy was starter and was sold 45M€. In the past that like 80M€ today.

Despite a very good tally of 89 goals in 165 games for the Bianconeri, Inzaghi was soon benched in favour of David Trezeguet.

That's true. But that's like Robben push outside because of Ronaldo.
For good football : Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal (Tolisso), Thiago (Rudy) - Robben, Müller (James), James (Ribéry) - Lewandowski

For boring football : 4-3-3
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby JANCKER » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:33 pm

What about Pirlo and Seedorf? They were nothing at Inter... nothing. Inter thought that they were making a good deal when they got rid of them. Still waiting for Ancelotti to fahk up something like that...

That Milan reminds me of this Bayern in making bargains.

Saying that Milan were like Barca and RM is wrong... cause Barca and RM sign only the very best, not benchwarmers.

Shevchenko, Nesta, Cafu, Rui Costa were top transfers...

It's important to note that Milan's academy was dead at the time, no great player came out of it. Maybe you'll find a way to blame that on Carlo...
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe