You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:41 pm

JANCKER wrote:Image

What a difference from another Italian coach...
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:44 pm

Conte is a mafioso... he's very good at monologues.

Una palabra no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo esconde todo, igual que el viento esconde el agua, como las flores que esconden lodo. Una mirada no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo dice todo, como la lluvia sobre tu cara o el viejo mapa de algun tesoro.
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:59 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:I don't know why people are talking about Sane when Jesus is the one who has the real talent. He's so young yet all he does is want to be around the ball or find space to get the ball, you can't teach that type of work ethic you have to be born with it....

He's played fantastic in the last couple of games plus the Arsenal game I've seen. And I read good things about him, he's young so he'll develop more under Guardiola. Every young player eventually performs good under Guardiola or else they're shipped away. Just like how Coman and Costa looked much better last season under Guardiola and this season they mostly disappeared (especially Coman). Kimmich also shone under Guardiola despite making costly mistakes early on, and he went on to become one of the best German talents of the year. I wonder what would happen to Sanches, Coman and Kimmich had Guardiola stayed or if we worked with someone like Van Gaal (or Löw).

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:How? I think we have better chances with Sane....

OMG Leicester...I have a bad feeling about them

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

As long as City keep struggling we remain a better team and therefore could attract Jesus. However we would have to pay loads.

They won't struggle forever, their players are still adapting to Guardiola. They already have a very good midfield and front line, once they upgrade their defense and GK they'll become one of the best teams in Europe with Guardiola. You can already see the signs in the way they play.

Anyway I trust the board. I also think we should consider Löw as a coach in about 2-3 years time from now.. And invest in young talent.
fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:29 am

LvG is head and shoulders above Carletto and Pep when it comes to working with the youth... Coman and Kimmich only got a chance under him because injuries.

Pep brought Alonso here and he cost Bayern 10m, why did he cost that little and what can you get for 10m from RM today? He preferred an experienced player past his peak over developing a younger player. Alonso was brought here to be a key part of his project.

How many times did Pep trust Kimmich or someone else over Alonso? I can't recall if it was even once. Why do people believe that he'd play Sanches over Alonso when Alonso was his pet just as much as Carlo's today.

That kind of brilliance what Sane did against West Ham is not taught... Just watch what he did before he assisted Jesus, alien skills.

The only young player that Pep really trusted here was Bernat, he kept playing Alaba everywhere else so he could play Bernat.

He got a group of extremely gifted players at City now... while we have an old guard from which Ancelotti is trying to squeeze what is left.

The 'Pep is good with the youth' is a myth.
Una palabra no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo esconde todo, igual que el viento esconde el agua, como las flores que esconden lodo. Una mirada no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo dice todo, como la lluvia sobre tu cara o el viejo mapa de algun tesoro.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby JANCKER » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:17 pm

JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:11 pm

JANCKER wrote:LvG is head and shoulders above Carletto and Pep when it comes to working with the youth... Coman and Kimmich only got a chance under him because injuries.

Pep brought Alonso here and he cost Bayern 10m, why did he cost that little and what can you get for 10m from RM today? He preferred an experienced player past his peak over developing a younger player. Alonso was brought here to be a key part of his project.

How many times did Pep trust Kimmich or someone else over Alonso? I can't recall if it was even once. Why do people believe that he'd play Sanches over Alonso when Alonso was his pet just as much as Carlo's today.

That kind of brilliance what Sane did against West Ham is not taught... Just watch what he did before he assisted Jesus, alien skills.

The only young player that Pep really trusted here was Bernat, he kept playing Alaba everywhere else so he could play Bernat.

He got a group of extremely gifted players at City now... while we have an old guard from which Ancelotti is trying to squeeze what is left.

The 'Pep is good with the youth' is a myth.

So howcome we no longer get to see Coman, Sanches and Kimmich more like last year even in rotation (I don't care about Benko or Dorsch at this point, just these 3). What Guardiola does is constant rotation of the squad where everyone gets plenty of minutes to play and show what they've got.

Now while these kids almost get no minutes from Ancelotti (including the €35m Sanches), and Ancelotti has pretty much been the same way since his Milan days, Guardiola is playing with Gabriel Jesus (19 years old), Leroy Sane (21 years old), Sterling (22 years old), John Stones (22 years old) along with with purchases of several other young talent on their books currently on loan or waiting to happen, all with the approval or sometimes direct involvement of Guardiola (like Sane and Gabriel Jesus - Jesus says himself that he turned down other top clubs for Guardiola).

If these kids were are Bayern today, they'd be sitting on the bench while Ancelotti would still be playing veterans in every game and affording a few minutes per game to some of them. So I wonder whether we'll get to see the full potential of Sanches and Coman before they leave someday, I hope so, even though Ancelotti previously said he'd like to see Lahm play until he's 40 and Alonso to stay for years to come (his Milan team had 7 or 8 players over 30 years of age). I hope this is just temporary and he does start encouraging and playing some young players.

As for Sane's "alien talent", here: transfers-f1/leroy-sane-t14298-465.html you say we don't need him, until he starts playing well and now you suddenly say he has alien talent. Guess what, Guardiola personally recruited both Sane and Gabriel Jesus with the intention of developing them and playing them and that's what he's doing now.

He's no Van Gaal, but honestly not many managers are Van Gaal. Van Gaal was a school teacher who couldn't get along with established stars (as per Sneijder and several other players who played under him), so he liked to pick and develop talented young players to mold to his liking and instructions. And that usually is a success when you take over an unsuccessful team that needs an overhaul, that's why Heynckes and Guardiola couldn't really use the players in the academy because when they took over the team was already stacked with a lot of good players. It also takes to know the young players and trust them, unfortunately when Heynckes took over the best young player he had was Kroos and Guardiola didn't have much luck in that department either (Hojbjerg was a bust at Schalke and he's not even a regular at Southampton today), so it depends on the circumstances as well, you can't always promote for the sake of promoting when you have really good players in your squad, but at least we got to see how Coman, Costa and Kimmich were last season and we're barely getting to see Coman, Sanches and Kimmich this year (although Kimmich is our joint second top scorer this season).

How about we send Sanches, Coman and Kimmich to Guardiola and see what he does with them there?

ps. By the way, we continue to have several injuries this year while Guardiola's team there is mostly fit, any ideas why that could be?
fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby JANCKER » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:36 pm

fashiondesign_guru wrote:So howcome we no longer get to see Coman, Sanches and Kimmich more like last year even in rotation. What Guardiola does is constant rotation of the squad where everyone gets plenty of minutes to play and show what they've got.

I answered you in the post above, that's false... the only reason why they got so many minutes were injuries, and who knows what was the cause of all those injuries.

fashiondesign_guru wrote:Now while these kids almost get no minutes from Ancelotti (including the €35m Sanches), and Ancelotti has pretty much been the same way since his Milan days, Guardiola is playing with Gabriel Jesus (19 years old), Leroy Sane (21 years old), Sterling (22 years old), John Stones (22 years old) along with with purchases of several other young talent on their books currently on loan or waiting to happen, all with the approval or sometimes direct involvement of Guardiola (like Sane and Gabriel Jesus - Jesus says himself that he turned down other top clubs for Guardiola).

Name a player that Ancelotti has thrown away and became a regret? I can't think of any and he has a long career. In fact that Milan was built from trash of other big clubs, players who other big clubs thought weren't good enough. Just check the history of 80% of the players he had there. No player he thrown away became a regret.

fashiondesign_guru wrote:As for Sane's "alien talent", here: transfers-f1/leroy-sane-t14298-465.html you say we don't need him, until he starts playing well and now you suddenly say he has alien talent. Guess what, Guardiola personally recruited both Sane and Gabriel Jesus with the intention of developing them and playing them and that's what he's doing now.

I didn't want him because I valued our squad and I said that we don't need him NOW. I didn't watch Sane much before or now... but I can tell what kind of skills can't be taught.

I leave it to our scouts to find the best... I trust Reschke enough, he's responsible for 80% of the transfers we made. Pep didn't want Vidal... I will trust Reschke over Pep any day of the week.

fashiondesign_guru wrote:How about we send Sanches, Coman and Kimmich to Guardiola and see what he does with them there?

All of those are Reschke transfers... Why send them to Pep? Send them to me, I'll beat anyone with them.

Rebuilding will start from next season... Ancelotti isn't pulling strings in the transfer department, you think Hummels, Sule, Rudy are his transfers?

As for players willing to play for Pep... some are even willing to go to China. It's more romantic to say that you go to play for Pep than for money or admit that you wouldn't be able to be a regular at Bayern or Barca... I can see many of those players that signed for City being snatched from Barca or RM in the future.

Why don't you mention Thiago who is flourishing under Carlo?
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:01 pm

I answered you in the post above, that's false... the only reason why they got so many minutes were injuries, and who knows what was the cause of all those injuries.

That's not false, Guardiola was rotating the squad non-stop at Bayern, he also did at Barcelona, and he's doing the same at City now. Aside from a few players (like Rode) everyone got plenty of playing time. And injuries or not, players like Coman, Costa and Kimmich have shown plenty of quality last season (and Kimmich for Germany during Euro 2016) yet most of them aren't able to get more than 5-15 minutes of playing time these days and that to me is a bit concerning.

Sure we can win the CL (hope so), but there's no guarantee that we won't start every game with Robbery and Alonso next year as long as they aren't injured or booked.

Name a player that Ancelotti has thrown away and became a regret? I can't think of any and he has a long career. In fact that Milan was built from trash of other big clubs, players who other big clubs thought weren't good enough. Just check the history of 80% of the players he had there. No player he thrown away became a regret.

You're delusional and you don't know what you're talking about. His Milan had the best players of that era, he had Kaka, Shevchenko (when he was at his peak, not like the one after he moved to Chelsea), Inzaghi (at his peak), Pirlo, Maldini (Milan's version of Lahm), Cafu, Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Rui Costa, Albertini, Gattuso etc.. They were the equavalent of today's Barcelona or Real Madrid, they had the best squad in Europe. When he was done with them, a majority of those players were over 30 (Maldini was nearly 40).

I didn't say anything about throwing away, I said younger players are hardly getting any minutes to blend with the team.

I didn't want him because I valued our squad and I said that we don't need him NOW. I didn't watch Sane much before or now... but I can tell what kind of skills can't be taught.

Sure, we don't need Sane, we don't need Coman, we don't need Sanches, we don't need anyone to transition into the team.

I leave it to our scouts to find the best... I trust Reschke enough, he's responsible for 80% of the transfers we made. Pep didn't want Vidal... I will trust Reschke over Pep any day of the week.

Reschke found Costa, Coman, Kimmich, Sanches. Bayern also wanted Sane to stay at Schalke for another year so we could get him cheap. We also wanted to do the same with De Bruyne and Reschke also scouted Jesus.

Players like Sane and Jesus would still sit on the bench today if they were at Bayern because we don't rotate the squad very much.

Rebuilding will start from next season... Ancelotti isn't pulling strings in the transfer department, you think Hummels, Sule, Rudy are his transfers?

Rebuilding never stops and starts, it occurs smoothly when you have the older and younger players in a squad through rotating them, not when you have several players over 30 and suddenly you introduce a bunch of young guys who haven't played for a year. Besides we'll probably be buying players in their positions.

As for players willing to play for Pep... some are even willing to go to China. It's more romantic to say that you go to play for Pep than for money or admit that you wouldn't be able to be a regular at Bayern or Barca... I can see many of those players that signed for City being snatched from Barca or RM in the future.

When Neymar tries to convince a player (Gabriel Jesus) to switch to Barcelona, that means there are serious intentions for that player. Even Arda Turan gets plenty of minutes in Neymar's position this year, even they rotate their squad properly. And from what I've seen in 2 games, that boy could play in any team given he's rotated properly.

I mentioned that because apparently Guardiola personally called him and talked to him about his project and his projected role which made him decide them over other teams. That shows initiative to recruit and develop/play young players when they can literally throw money on anyone. Apparently he did the same with Sane and Gundogan. So don't tell me that Guardiola never gave young players a chance, he'll play them if he sees quality in them, whether they're ready for big stage or not. He insisted on Kimmich even when Kimmich's mistakes almost cost us the tie vs Juventus, even after the injured players returned he played him in other positions.

Why don't you mention Thiago who is flourishing under Carlo?

Because he'd already flourished under Guardiola and is an established player in his position, and a quality one at that despite some people criticizing him for allegedly being "Pep's pet". In fact he's the only player we have of his type. Carlo's using him like he did Rui Costa/Seedorf. If he had a couple more Thiago's, he'd play them too. He likes his playmakers, there was a time where he played Pirlo-Rui Costa-Seedorf-Kaka all in the same line up.
fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:26 pm

Pep is fond of young players, that's pretty established. Thiago is not really "flourishing" for Carlo IMO, he was always about this good (maybe he has improved a bit) but people just failed to notice him because of random reasons.

Pep has his flaws (being a stubborn philosopher and his preposterous away record, for instance) but not giving chances to youth is not one.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby Coman » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:45 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Pep is fond of young players, that's pretty established. Thiago is not really "flourishing" for Carlo IMO, he was always about this good (maybe he has improved a bit) but people just failed to notice him because of random reasons.

Pep has his flaws (being a stubborn philosopher and his preposterous away record, for instance) but not giving chances to youth is not one.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

A bit ?

The current Thiago has nothing to do in term of regularity with the one under Pep.

Now let's see how it works in UCL big games.
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:47 pm

Lukaku is going back to Chelsea ....
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:54 pm

Weird that Pep didn't sign established players for City, isn't it? He signed the very best he could sign, they were known to everyone to have a high ceiling... no cheap investment. With Pep their defense is the worst since their rise, he made some changes there.

None of those signings would have started for Bayern... with Pep or without Pep. Gundogan maybe instead of Alonso... we wanted to sign Gundogan during Pep but it was said that Pep didn't want him, wondering why, it might be because he was so much in love with Alonso.

Inzaghi, not good enough for Juve. Pirlo and Seedorf, not good enough for Inter. Gattuso, nobody knew him before.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:14 pm

JANCKER wrote:Inzaghi, not good enough for Juve. Pirlo and Seedorf, not good enough for Inter. Gattuso, nobody knew him before.

Wait what that's like saying Messi and Iniesta are not good enough for Real Madrid :crazy:
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby JANCKER » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:24 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
JANCKER wrote:Inzaghi, not good enough for Juve. Pirlo and Seedorf, not good enough for Inter. Gattuso, nobody knew him before.

Wait what that's like saying Messi and Iniesta are not good enough for Real Madrid :crazy:

You obviously missed the point... they were players of Juve and Inter and were deemed not good enough. Messi and Iniesta never played for RM and sold to Barca for not being good enough.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby JANCKER » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:54 am

Wazzaaaaaa

JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe