You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:21 pm

Chelsea is clearly superior but that was a CLEAR foul nonetheless.
He was even taken off injured.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby pyrasur » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:27 pm

Looked like both the centerbacks got dragged out because Arsenal midfield is too lazy to track runners. #34 just watched his player run for a center back to pick up, and so Bellerin covers everyone else :lol:

@Ramsej I ask the same question. The commentators are insisting it's not a foul, but I think this is a difference between tough boy British football and the football the rest of the world plays. :roll: When Mandzukic played for us he was a master at drawing the foul for being elbowed.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:41 pm

pyrasur wrote:Looked like both the centerbacks got dragged out because Arsenal midfield is too lazy to track runners. #34 just watched his player run for a center back to pick up, and so Bellerin covers everyone else

@Ramsej I ask the same question. The commentators are insisting it's not a foul, but I think this is a difference between tough boy British football and the football the rest of the world plays. :roll: When Mandzukic played for us he was a master at drawing the foul for being elbowed.

I don't think that it was me.
I ve just came home and switche on my tv

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
Last edited by ramsej84 on Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:43 pm

OHhhh what a goal by hazard

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:47 pm

pyrasur wrote:Looked like both the centerbacks got dragged out because Arsenal midfield is too lazy to track runners. #34 just watched his player run for a center back to pick up, and so Bellerin covers everyone else :lol:

It would have been a foul anywhere else in the world, which is what I thought. The commentators are wrong...he just flew into Bellerín with his elbows out wide. You just can't do that...this is why I said before, refereeing is an absolute joke in England.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:50 pm

envagyokazapad wrote:
pyrasur wrote:Looked like both the centerbacks got dragged out because Arsenal midfield is too lazy to track runners. #34 just watched his player run for a center back to pick up, and so Bellerin covers everyone else

It would have been a foul anywhere else in the world, which is what I thought. The commentators are wrong...he just flew into Bellerín with his elbows out wide. You just can't do that...this is why I said before, refereeing is an absolute joke in England.

As a general rule, English referees are the most lenient and Spanish referees give penalities like candy. German referees are IMO middle ground.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:58 pm

I am aware. They do this deliberately to maintain this tough boy image of British football, which is absolutely rubbish. Dangerous play is still dangerous, there is a reason why you are not allowed to just elbow people.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby pyrasur » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:07 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I don't that it was me.
I ve just came home and switche on my tv

Apologies to both concerned :)
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:19 pm

envagyokazapad wrote:I am aware. They do this deliberately to maintain this tough boy image of British football, which is absolutely rubbish. Dangerous play is still dangerous, there is a reason why you are not allowed to just elbow people.

Yeah. They also like to increase the "emotion" by given like 10 minutes of extra time on tight games. I think German referees give the least time, Spanish middle ground and English the most.

PunkCapitalist

Postby pyrasur » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:23 pm

The drama makes the EPL successful from a marketing perspective, but from a sporting perspective they suffer. The quality of football is too low for the number of stars they've drawn in with their money.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:50 pm

pyrasur wrote:The drama makes the EPL successful from a marketing perspective, but from a sporting perspective they suffer. The quality of football is too low for the number of stars they've drawn in with their money.

Sadly I don't think that's the case anymore. The EPL's biggest problem quality-wise used to be the terribly outdated and subpar tactics, but with Guardiola, Klopp, Conte, Mourinho, Pochettino and a less austere version of Wenger all working there at the same time, plus a wave of new players who can actually play football, that problem is quickly dissappearing.

PunkCapitalist

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:20 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
pyrasur wrote:The drama makes the EPL successful from a marketing perspective, but from a sporting perspective they suffer. The quality of football is too low for the number of stars they've drawn in with their money.

Sadly I don't think that's the case anymore. The EPL's biggest problem quality-wise used to be the terribly outdated and subpar tactics, but with Guardiola, Klopp, Conte, Mourinho, Pochettino and a less austere version of Wenger all working there at the same time, plus a wave of new players who can actually play football, that problem is quickly dissappearing.

I kind of agree...I've watched some Chelsea, Pool and City games lately, and they were all enjoyable.
The more attractive the league (*football quality-wise) gets, the easier it's going to be to attract even more players (on top of the salaries they are offering). I guess we will see.

I'm still annoyed by the stupid refereeing. There's just too much needless aggression particularly by the smaller teams.
Last edited by envagyokazapad on Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:21 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
envagyokazapad wrote:I am aware. They do this deliberately to maintain this tough boy image of British football, which is absolutely rubbish. Dangerous play is still dangerous, there is a reason why you are not allowed to just elbow people.

Yeah. They also like to increase the "emotion" by given like 10 minutes of extra time on tight games. I think German referees give the least time, Spanish middle ground and English the most.

Yeah, they are playing 2-3 more games every season, just because of the ridiculous ET.
Germans are the other end of the scale in this sense for me...perhaps 1-2 mins of ET wouldn't hurt sometimes, but more often than not there's just no ET at all at the end of the first halves.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:31 pm

Hello Lukas
Why , why vs Lpool?

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:39 pm

Don't blame us, we have to fight for every point regardless of the opponents, whether it's Liverpool or Burnley. I didn't see the game (unfortunately I chose the wrong match, you know which one :twisted: ) but I gather Liverpool dominated possession but never looked threatening. They only have themselves to blame. Had they played to their potential (and I was expecting their full force to hit us in anger after their last few weeks) they'd have won easily.
Lukas
I post all the time

National Flag:
England

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe