You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby coolguycosta » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:13 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Argeta wrote:
coolguycosta wrote:Guardiola storming the Prem already shows why we should never have let him go.

Dude.. Are you kidding me? He is a great league coach, but we aim for higher levels than just a league title. Pep will show his weaknesses again in the CL, don't worry. We possess the coach who totally outmastered the "master mind" with 5-0 and you miss Pep?

Agree. Pep's lack of balls in away games at the CL, his baffling decisions (leaving Müller on the bench) and his constant refusal to play players in their natural positions (Lahm, Benatia, et al). That's what killed him for me. I'll miss the league dominance (I think we won't see it under Carlo), but ultimately i dont care, we need a coach who can actually win the CL.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

But, he won the Champions League easily with Barcelona multiple times? His tactics clearly work in Europe but our squad were never quite the best under him, now we are the best in Europe with Pep's team and this summer's additions but he's not been allowed to finish the job.
Love Bayern, Hate Xabi Alonso
coolguycosta
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby JANCKER » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:14 pm

coolguycosta wrote:he won the Champions League easily with Barcelona

Neuer - Boateng, Martínez, Hummels - Kimmich, Thiago, Alaba - Bernardeschi, Müller, Coman - Lewandowski
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Argeta » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:15 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Argeta wrote:
coolguycosta wrote:Guardiola storming the Prem already shows why we should never have let him go.

Dude.. Are you kidding me? He is a great league coach, but we aim for higher levels than just a league title. Pep will show his weaknesses again in the CL, don't worry. We possess the coach who totally outmastered the "master mind" with 5-0 and you miss Pep?

Agree. Pep's lack of balls in away games at the CL, his baffling decisions (leaving Müller on the bench) and his constant refusal to play players in their natural positions (Lahm, Benatia, et al). That's what killed him for me. I'll miss the league dominance (I think we won't see it under Carlo), but ultimately i dont care, we need a coach who can actually win the CL.

But dominating the league is not always positive. I prefer it the Carlo way after seeing the results under Pep, with the opponents being very close to us, which still puts pressure on the players to perform. Yesterday's game was a rough one but it is just an example of how Carlo tends to rest players for the upcoming CL games.
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:15 pm

@coolguycosta Well see about that...

@borusse I would be wary if I were a BVB fan. When Mourinho inevitably gets sacked, only Pochetino and Tuchel remain as viable candidates (maybe Allegri?).

@argeta I kinda agree that maybe a bit more competition would be good, but I will still miss the opressive dominating football we played.

Last edited by PunkCapitalist on Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby Argeta » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:16 pm

coolguycosta wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
Argeta wrote:[quote="coolguycosta"]Guardiola storming the Prem already shows why we should never have let him go.

But, he won the Champions League easily with Barcelona multiple times? His tactics clearly work in Europe but our squad were never quite the best under him, now we are the best in Europe with Pep's team and this summer's additions but he's not been allowed to finish the job.[/quote]
Football changes, and Peps system is outdated. Klopps Dortmund was amazing to watch, absolute football pleasure by a small team to perform like that. But guess what? His tactics became outdated too.
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby JANCKER » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:33 pm

Was Mancini a great manager?
Neuer - Boateng, Martínez, Hummels - Kimmich, Thiago, Alaba - Bernardeschi, Müller, Coman - Lewandowski
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:47 pm

coolguycosta wrote:
But, he won the Champions League easily with Barcelona multiple times? His tactics clearly work in Europe but our squad were never quite the best under him, now we are the best in Europe with Pep's team and this summer's additions but he's not been allowed to finish the job.

I think Barcelona are the best team in the world. we can beat them but on their good day they'll beat anyone. I also think current Real Madrid squad is stronger than us on paper but we have the more experienced coach and a team who knows each other. I think Bayern-Atletico-Juventus are one step behind these two, closely followed by Manchester City.

In terms of football, we're not playing very well so far this year but I'm sure it'll improve.
fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:02 pm

Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:16 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Guardiola already basically won the EnglishOverratedLeague. 5pts is pretty much unsurmountable against a Pep team and no English team has what it takes to achieve that kind of consistency. They will end in first place with a +20pta difference.

(But Liverpool WILL defeat them AT LEAST one time)

As much as I dislike City I long for this happen. Non-EPL fans have been saying for years that if Bayern/Barca/Real played in the EPL they'd win it just as easily as they do in Germany and Spain. If an English team (managed by someone who was accused of having no competition in both of the aforementioned countries, no less) were to achieve such a huge title victory it would wake those EPL fans up to reality.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:19 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote: I'll miss the league dominance (I think we won't see it under Carlo)

With us already sole leaders, I'm not excluding that yet. Not taking away anything from Pep but it does look like we are set to continue our dominance this year... and we now have a much better team.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby itisrising » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:39 pm

I think, unlike Bayern, our main focus is the league. I'm sure Pep will want to win the Champions League but that won't be the main objective for the fans. We want to win the league and if Pep is able to dominate it then it would have been a major success.

Also, It's pretty funny that one reporter asked Pep about the "If there was a fear that the league would be too easy" and Pep responded with "for years you guys told me how tough the Premier League is and now you're saying it's too easy" xD
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby DerKaiser » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:08 pm

Just watched the highlights from the Watford Man United game....what a joke.
i used to respect ManU back in the day with Sir Alex and a team of atleast 8 very good players (kind of like Bayern had)
but now, this is not high level soccer!
Fellaini doesnt mark men he covers blades of grass and that joker Mourihno took him over Schweini??? Thing is from what Ive seen even if he is out of shape, even if he is a step to slow, he understands positioning and man marking and passing under pressure.
Mourihno is such a fool and even if his current team is subpar what is he actually doing with them....get some advice from Kloppo

Manu is at the same level of Werder Bremen in my opinion and Im guessing Jose will get his last big paycheck there aftr they let him go in 6 weeks time.

EPl is gonna raid the Bundesliga next year with all that cash they have.

Side note again watching Pogba and there is absolutely no way on earth that kid is worth a 1/10 of what they paid. I can only assume that transfer costs are tax write offs and that the directors of some of the epl teams are rich kids playing video game manager
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB general » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:06 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Agree. Pep's lack of balls in away games at the CL, his baffling decisions (leaving Müller on the bench) and his constant refusal to play players in their natural positions (Lahm, Benatia, et al). That's what killed him for me. I'll miss the league dominance (I think we won't see it under Carlo), but ultimately i dont care, we need a coach who can actually win the CL.

Typical Guardiola at Barcelona and Bayern. No plan B or rather force the own stubbornness "till I die". Away matches in the CL aren't exactly cautious approach, more like a cowardice because "I might lose and knocked down", but at least everyone would've said he died bravely.
It looks like some things have changed at City(if we take this period so far) or as I said earlier this day, he still doesn't have proper players in every position to completely drown himself into his world as he likes to do it(hint: Müller's statement). Time will show if he's really learned something from the previous two experiences.

Regarding league dominance, I believe we may become once more excited and once again lose our nerves for something concrete. :mrgreen: Then we can lie to ourselves that the Bundesliga is not a race where only Bayern 'participates'. :)

coolguycosta wrote:But, he won the Champions League easily with Barcelona multiple times? His tactics clearly work in Europe but our squad were never quite the best under him, now we are the best in Europe with Pep's team and this summer's additions but he's not been allowed to finish the job.

How many matches did we play under Guardiola in three seasons? Around 80-90? His ideas succeeded to live in max. 10 or 15 matches, if even that many. Our team never met his expectations on the pitch. In this forum we only spoke about 2 matches against City how it worked, but we didn't say that in the CL K.O. stages or every 2-3 weeks in the Bundesliga yet we can't say he didn't win anything or that everything was absolutely bad. Not at all, but the main goal he never achieved - to win one CL and install recognizable playing style at Bayern.
All in all, he left Bayern like almost every other successful coach in the past, but not in style of Ottmar Hitzfeld and Jupp Heynckes where the link between the club, fans and the coaches were very, very deep, emotional, passionate, in family relation.

At City he doesn't have to concern about anything, he can do whatever he's got on his mind and the financial resources, club board, etc. aren't problem at all.
"Soy un hombre muy honrado que me gusta lo mejor, las mujeres no me faltan, ni el dinero, ni el amor,

Jineteando en mi caballo por la sierra yo me voy, las estrellas y la luna, ellas me dicen donde voy"
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:29 pm

itisrising wrote:I think, unlike Bayern, our main focus is the league. I'm sure Pep will want to win the Champions League but that won't be the main objective for the fans. We want to win the league and if Pep is able to dominate it then it would have been a major success.

Also, It's pretty funny that one reporter asked Pep about the "If there was a fear that the league would be too easy" and Pep responded with "for years you guys told me how tough the Premier League is and now you're saying it's too easy" xD

I think depending on results of your Barcelona game, the draw you get and injuries/form, you have a good chance to go very deep this year. Your team looks very sharp man, I like the way you play. I think 5 or 6 teams have a good chance of winning it, it could be us, Barcelona, Real, City, Juventus, Atletico. But if Barcelona are on their day, I think they are a bit better than everyone else but you'll never know before you play. It's the players who decide on the pitch more than anyone, anyone can do it on their day.

What you seem to lack is depth. Especially English teams play a lot of domestic games with no winter break so you could use more depth. I think in the long run Guardiola will be very successful at Manchester City though, maybe more than he was at Bayern who knows.
fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:43 pm

Competitive Premier League, they said. :lol:

Can't see tweet? Click here!

The footballing world would have their panties in a bunch if Middlesborough and Burnley occupied the 5th and 7th places respectively. :coffee:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe