You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby Ruht » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:56 am

Firefox1234 wrote:Dont take this post wrong by thinking im a Chelsea sympathizer but why doesnt Moyes get any shit for not playing Kagawa or Zaha who btw they spent 15m for :shock:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2013/09/30/4300865/mourinho-storms-out-of-chelsea-press-conference?ICID=HP_HN_1

Because it's United. They almost never get sh.t for anything. Hopefully it will change now that Ferguson is not the coach.
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby The Spyware » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:28 pm

Mourino was very stupid in his signings generally
He only bought in the same position although it wasnt that needed in chelsea
Last year the three offensive midfielders were the best thing in Chelsea (Mata-Hazard-Oscar)
And his point of weakness was the CDMs which was very obvious
So instead of buying new defensive midfielders he went for Three new offensive players who where their best in their clubs and has put himself in nonending troubles and its impossible to play and use all these world class or very good wingers and surely everytime he bench one of them there will be saga in the team like what happened with Mata 2 weeks ago
Very stupid
And still his team is shit in the defensive midfield
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby runaway » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:52 pm

If I remember correctly, the DM duo is the one Benitez addressed the first thing he came to Chelsea.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby lau03143 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:56 pm

Ruht wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:Dont take this post wrong by thinking im a Chelsea sympathizer but why doesnt Moyes get any shit for not playing Kagawa or Zaha who btw they spent 15m for :shock:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2013/09/30/4300865/mourinho-storms-out-of-chelsea-press-conference?ICID=HP_HN_1

Because it's United. They almost never get sh.t for anything. Hopefully it will change now that Ferguson is not the coach.

I'd imagine it's more about the system that Man United play, and the fact that Kagawa isn't cut for playing in England week in week out.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby lau03143 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:59 pm

In fact Clark Whitney has a good article on Bleacher Report today on why Kagawa just isn't up to it at United.

(I'm on the go so can't post a link)
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby runaway » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:20 pm

lau03143 wrote:In fact Clark Whitney has a good article on Bleacher Report today on why Kagawa just isn't up to it at United.

(I'm on the go so can't post a link)

Here's the link.

IMO, the idea of "adapting" to EPL is a myth. The amount of foreign players in EPL and all of them has 'adapted' to EPL easily. For me, what is happening to EPL is they are adapting their play and tactics to the more dominant thinking in a lot of European teams.

Only reason why I think Kagawa is not performing as he should be in United because he's not played in AM. Eriksen, Cazorla, Silva, Ozil, Mata, Coutinho all AMs bought to EPL have easily acquainted themselves because they are playing in their best position. Physicality isn't a big deal anymore in PL, the players I've mentioned has shown technique and skill makes a difference.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby unknownsoul » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:57 pm

We shouldn't drop our intensity like we did yesterday towards the end. I hate Arsenal fans rubbing it in saying only team to contain bayern from scoring for last 73 games etc. Arsenal fans only picking up on that one victory where we slept throughout the match for only the second time last season after the Bate loss.
unknownsoul
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:01 pm

unknownsoul wrote:We shouldn't drop our intensity like we did yesterday towards the end. I hate Arsenal fans rubbing it in saying only team to contain bayern from scoring for last 73 games etc. Arsenal fans only picking up on that one victory where we slept throughout the match for only the second time last season after the Bate loss.

I agree, i hope Bayern can keep their concentration up vs Pizen and still destroy Man C at the Allianz in the final group game! :twisted:
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby SouthernStar » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:44 am

unknownsoul wrote:I hate Arsenal fans rubbing it in saying only team to contain bayern from scoring for last 73 games etc. Arsenal fans only picking up on that one victory where we slept throughout the match for only the second time last season after the Bate loss.

I got that a lot too from the Arsenal fans... but what else can they brag about last season? So this feels like their only trophy to the fans :mrgreen:

On the other hand, that "switching off" period against Man City worried me for a bit. Fortunately, it's not a knock-out round. Also Arsenal is looking really strong, they might finally win the EPL again this year.

On the Clark-Whitney - Kagawa article, I don't agree that he is not "build to play in England". If we are just arguing about a player's physicality, you could argue that Thiago probably may not fit in United too (and you won't believe the number of Thiago-obsessed ManU fans who told me that they would do anything to trade Shinji for Thiago from us :mrgreen:). Also, Moyes has not found his fit with the team yet, it seems like he does not really know which player to build the team around. Plus a cold, hard truth is because Kloppo is better than Moyes.
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MoFattal » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:56 am

The only manager who can do something with this bunch of United players is SAF. Any other manager would just be stuck with a mediocre squad.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Impact » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:06 pm

Honestly, were not as bad as people think we're. There's usually a long gelling period in which the players get accustomed to the new manager, happens everywhere. This is one main reason I haven't been panicking like other United fans who were spoilt by the success of SAF.
Impact
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby tflags » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:21 pm

Oh for God's sake English football is making my fav coach pendulum swing faster than Munich's perception of Pep. I'm stuck with Wenger again. Or is it Özil?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:47 pm

SouthernStar wrote:
unknownsoul wrote:I hate Arsenal fans rubbing it in saying only team to contain bayern from scoring for last 73 games etc. Arsenal fans only picking up on that one victory where we slept throughout the match for only the second time last season after the Bate loss.

I got that a lot too from the Arsenal fans... but what else can they brag about last season? So this feels like their only trophy to the fans :mrgreen:

On the other hand, that "switching off" period against Man City worried me for a bit. Fortunately, it's not a knock-out round. Also Arsenal is looking really strong, they might finally win the EPL again this year.

On the Clark-Whitney - Kagawa article, I don't agree that he is not "build to play in England". If we are just arguing about a player's physicality, you could argue that Thiago probably may not fit in United too (and you won't believe the number of Thiago-obsessed ManU fans who told me that they would do anything to trade Shinji for Thiago from us :mrgreen:). Also, Moyes has not found his fit with the team yet, it seems like he does not really know which player to build the team around. Plus a cold, hard truth is because Kloppo is better than Moyes.

If i was joining a new league, in a new country, and new team it sure doesnt help me adjust playing out of position :roll:
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Impact » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:22 pm

A star is born in Adnan Januzaj :D

Impact
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Ruht » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:31 pm