You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby Roonzil » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:41 pm

JANCKER wrote:
Machiavellico wrote:58m

I think that Newcastle spent about that much or more as well...

Well actually, Newcastle DID spend a lot, but sold even more. Our net spending is actually a profit (selling Wijnaldum for 25 million pounds helps a lot!). Plus with all of those Premier League contracts sold, we'll also save majorly on the wage bill. Something Aston Villa can't say :coffee:
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby Lukas » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:00 pm

Ridiculous spending from Villa. Personally hope Huddersfield can do a Leicester in the championship with Klopp's former assistant at Dortmund, and four German players.
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:55 pm

Mustafi to Arsenal confirmed!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Lukas » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:59 pm

Disappointing
Lukas
I post all the time

National Flag:
England

Postby JANCKER » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:49 pm

Una palabra no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo esconde todo, igual que el viento esconde el agua, como las flores que esconden lodo. Una mirada no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo dice todo, como la lluvia sobre tu cara o el viejo mapa de algun tesoro.
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:45 pm

Rooney said that he will retire from international football after the Russian World Cup
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:20 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:Ruthless from Pep, the truth absolutely hurts - "You hear that, you English bastards? Your best keeper is only good enough for Torino!". Amazing slap in the face on the English footballing crowd, they needed that.

Makes you wonder why Pep stuck with Valdes for so long.

Valdes was good, his scarce mistakes (made to look worse by social media) aside.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby itisrising » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:23 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:Ruthless from Pep, the truth absolutely hurts - "You hear that, you English bastards? Your best keeper is only good enough for Torino!". Amazing slap in the face on the English footballing crowd, they needed that.

Firstly, Joe Hart is an amazing keeper. He's won the golden gloves a record 4 times in a row. It's not that he's 'only good enough for Torino' but the fact that top European sides already have their main keeper sorted by late August.

Now, the English footballing crowd are the harshest critics to our own players. Joe Hart got crucified for his performances at the Euros with people calling him 'overrated' and a 'fraud'. This is how it is playing for England. Joe Hart has been fantastic for us for years and stepped up at the most important times against the best clubs in the world.

I'm telling you this now, he'll have an amazing season at Torino and will be Buffon's successor at Juve. I have no doubt he'll end up at a massive team because he is one of the best in the world.
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby quaazi » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:27 am

itisrising wrote:Firstly, Joe Hart is an amazing keeper.

No he's not.

Wow, that was easy.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Roonzil » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:58 am

itisrising wrote:

Firstly, Joe Hart is an amazing keeper. He's won the golden gloves a record 4 times in a row. It's not that he's 'only good enough for Torino' but the fact that top European sides already have their main keeper sorted by late August.

Now, the English footballing crowd are the harshest critics to our own players. Joe Hart got crucified for his performances at the Euros with people calling him 'overrated' and a 'fraud'. This is how it is playing for England. Joe Hart has been fantastic for us for years and stepped up at the most important times against the best clubs in the world.

I'm telling you this now, he'll have an amazing season at Torino and will be Buffon's successor at Juve. I have no doubt he'll end up at a massive team because he is one of the best in the world.

If he's truly that amazing...why did City let him go? Even as a first back-up, you'd want someone who will be Buffon's successor, right? Not even Pep would pass on that!

Also, yes English fans are harsh critics...on players who aren't in the EPL.
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby DerKaiser » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:26 am

itisrising wrote:

Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby DerKaiser » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:29 am

Joe Hart is great muhahahahahahahahahaha
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:45 am

itisrising wrote:Firstly, Joe Hart is an amazing keeper. He's won the golden gloves a record 4 times in a row.

itisrising wrote:Now, the English footballing crowd are the harshest critics to our own players.

Now, here's how I see it. English media and fans alike really hype and overrate their players, especially English ones.
I'm not saying Joe Hart is a bad keeper, because he isn't. It's just that people who have not been subjected to the English hype machine don't consider him so special.

I won't forget how English media and fans didn't want Owen Hargreaves in the English squad, since he didn't play in the great Premier League, so he couldn't possibly have been any good, right? The criticism got so bad that even the Prime Minister felt he needed to defend Owen. When the tournament was over, the media made a U-turn and named him as the best player in the tournament. Because, by then, he was one of them. And Englishmen really, really like to value their own.

Now that Joe Hart has made it to Torino (I didn't understand how you said he'd be Buffon's successor when he'll be playing for their city rivals), he'll likely have a hard time making it into the English national team, which by the way has struggled to have a decent keeper since David Seaman hung up his boots (I was going to go for Gordon Banks but I didn't want to sound so harsh).
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:54 am

The way I see it is that English fans and media hype up players until a major tournament. Then they inevitably screw up, and become overrated, overpaid losers overnight, until the PL season starts again, and the cycle repeats.
Lukas
I post all the time

National Flag:
England

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:07 am

MUTU wrote:
itisrising wrote:Firstly, Joe Hart is an amazing keeper. He's won the golden gloves a record 4 times in a row.

itisrising wrote:Now, the English footballing crowd are the harshest critics to our own players.

Now, here's how I see it. English media and fans alike really hype and overrate their players, especially English ones.
I'm not saying Joe Hart is a bad keeper, because he isn't. It's just that people who have not been subjected to the English hype machine don't consider him so special.

I won't forget how English media and fans didn't want Owen Hargreaves in the English squad, since he didn't play in the great Premier League, so he couldn't possibly have been any good, right? The criticism got so bad that even the Prime Minister felt he needed to defend Owen. When the tournament was over, the media made a U-turn and named him as the best player in the tournament. Because, by then, he was one of them. And Englishmen really, really like to value their own.

Now that Joe Hart has made it to Torino (I didn't understand how you said he'd be Buffon's successor when he'll be playing for their city rivals), he'll likely have a hard time making it into the English national team, which by the way has struggled to have a decent keeper since David Seaman hung up his boots (I was going to go for Gordon Banks but I didn't want to sound so harsh).

Peter Shelton
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe