You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby JANCKER » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:26 pm

Manchester United manager Mourinho aims dig at Van Gaal over Valencia cross for Ibrahimovic [source]

"There are some changes and that takes time," Mourinho said. "The second goal, probably last year Valencia, instead of crossing, Valencia gets down [the line] and plays a back pass."

"So we are changing the principles of play and that takes time. So in this moment, we are not a super team, we are just a team with a super desire to work."
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby JANCKER » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:47 pm

Manchester City prepared to sell Samir Nasri - Sky sources

Lukaku set for new deal as Everton fend off Chelsea interest

Chelsea to offer up two players for Romelu Lukaku?

Chelsea expect to have a busy end to the transfer window and have midfielder Thiago Maia and defender Victor Lindelof in their sights

Arsenal and Tottenham chase RB Leipzig's Lukas Klostermann

Arsenal to offer Inter Milan £30million plus Olivier Giroud for Mauro Icardi

Liverpool fans left shocked at how much new fitness coach, Andreas Kornmayer looks like Jurgen Klopp [source]

Liverpool boss openly discusses Odegaard & Hector transfer options

West Ham chase Real Madrid starlet Martin Odegaard

Arthur Masuaku: West Ham sign French left-back from Olympiakos

West Ham midfielder Josh Cullen to rejoin Bradford on loan

Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham, and Southampton are reportedly all interested in signing Charlton wonderkid Ademola Lookman

JUVENTUS have reportedly set their sights on Tottenham midfielder Nabil Bentaleb to replace Paul Pogba
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:02 pm

Controversial opinion: Pogba, although good, was made to look better than he actually is because he was surrounded by better midfielders, namely Vidal and Pirlo. At Manchester United his true talents will be exposed.

What do you guys think?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:20 pm

He's not worth nowhere near 100M, players worth that much must have that game changing ability that I don't see in Pogba...
He choked in almost every important game...
All the hype started with Juve getting him for free, which was a really good bargain but then they overbuilt on that hype... he's a good player but not someone who can decide games on his own.
I rated and rate Vidal >> Pogba, always...
I think that Juve did a bargain in selling him as when they bought him. Mino Raiola is good at hyping his players, he must be paying the media to overhype his players.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby nm462272 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:33 pm

i think Juve is basically robbing ManU for 100 million... amazing work by them. Pogba is an above-average midfield, but that's it. he'll be found out soon enough.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:37 pm

Pogba is 23 and nowhere near his expected peak, Vidal is 29 and right at his peak. Don't think Pogba is worth 100m but wouldn't dispute him being in the top 5 best MFs in the world. Age is the key here, being so good at 23 makes his expected level at 27 extremely high.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby JANCKER » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:42 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Age is the key here, being so good at 23 makes his expected level at 27 extremely high.

It doesn't always work that way...
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:43 pm

JANCKER wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Age is the key here, being so good at 23 makes his expected level at 27 extremely high.

It doesn't always work that way...

Expected refers to probability, not certainty ;)

PunkCapitalist

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:27 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Pogba is 23 and nowhere near his expected peak, Vidal is 29 and right at his peak. Don't think Pogba is worth 100m but wouldn't dispute him being in the top 5 best MFs in the world. Age is the key here, being so good at 23 makes his expected level at 27 extremely high.

Sanches at 18 has done way way WAY more than Pogba at that age. Should we have paid 300 million for him? ;)

If he has his expected peak at 28-29, then United are paying 100 million+ for a player who at the moment might not even be the biggest talent in his position. It's a pretty long term investment if his peak is 5 years way. Who knows whether he'll still be there by then.

I also believe that many players nowadays are peaking earlier... more around 24-26. By 23 we should have a good indication of where they're headed, and Pogba will definitely be a good player but I don't see him ever being the best midfielder in the world.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:35 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Pogba is 23 and nowhere near his expected peak, Vidal is 29 and right at his peak. Don't think Pogba is worth 100m but wouldn't dispute him being in the top 5 best MFs in the world. Age is the key here, being so good at 23 makes his expected level at 27 extremely high.

Sanches at 18 has done way way WAY more than Pogba at that age. Should we have paid 300 million for him? ;)

If he has his expected peak at 28-29, then United are paying 100 million+ for a player who at the moment might not even be the biggest talent in his position. It's a pretty long term investment if his peak is 5 years way. Who knows whether he'll still be there by then.

I also believe that many players nowadays are peaking earlier... more around 24-26. By 23 we should have a good indication of where they're headed, and Pogba will definitely be a good player but I don't see him ever being the best midfielder in the world.

I think he will be the best MF in the world in the time between Vidal's decline and Renato's prime :D

But Renato is still a talent (a super talent), Pogba is already a established masterful Top 5 MF (with upside potential).

PunkCapitalist

Postby anasnemr » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:23 pm

Pogba is a very very good midfielder right now but he is not top 5 in the world.He has the potential to be one but he isnt.And if i learned something in football is that 99.9% of players with great potential never do reach their potential.During Pogbas amazing years in Juventus he had the best box to box midfielder with him in Vidal and one of the best deep lying playmaker in Pirlo and last year when they both went he had a meidcore year at Juventus and also had a bad Euros.And Pogba never really showed up for Juventus in the UCL.I do think that Pogba made a good decision in joining Manchester because the team will be build around him whether that will help him reach his potential is another thing.
anasnemr
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby JANCKER » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:53 pm

Conte: "Manchester United paid over 100 million for Pogba? When I was 13, Lecce bought me for eight balls and 3 were deflated."
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:09 pm

JANCKER wrote:Conte: "Manchester United paid over 100 million for Pogba? When I was 13, Lecce bought me for eight balls and 3 were deflated."
:lol:
This was priceless by Conte...
I think that he will put both JM and Pep in his pocket.
Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SBash22 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:27 pm

SBash22
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:23 pm

England's announcement that tickets for their Wembley Stadium match against Malta will go on sale tomorrow has not gone down well with Three Lions supporters on Twitter.
A post announcing ticket prices for the 8 October World Cup qualifier was met with a mixture of mockery, derision and irony by supporters, suggesting that six weeks on, England's humiliating Euro 2016 exit against Iceland still rankles. [source]
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe