You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby sherpthederp » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:21 am

Perfectly stated.
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby itisrising » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:30 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
itisrising wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Damn I hate the English -and specially Shitty- and marketing more than ever. They are tearing the Bundesliga apart. All thanks to hype they don't deserve. In single brush they are erasing all that Dortmund had achieved and they are leaving us without any competition (which *will* hurt us more than do us good).

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

If you're so concerned, why don't you loan them back Lewa, Gotze and Hummels?

There's nothing wrong with what we're doing with Auba - we're offering them money and they have the chance to accept/reject. We're not putting their backs against the wall. If anyone is weakening the Bundesliga, it's Bayern that are buying the Dortmund players which has the double benefit of hurting Dortmund and then strengthening Bayern.

I did not say you did anything wrong. Looting Dortmund is the wisest thing Guardiola could do for that team of yours. BVB were the third best possession team last season, which makes their players ideal for your rebuild.

What I said is that I hate your league, team and marketing (as a general concept). I say I hate marketing because all that money the EPL is getting is completely underserved. It's based on a false sense of quality. "Best league in the world" my ass. Sure the football quality standard is bound to improve thanks to the new influx of quality managers, but the fact is, that huge new TV deal (absurd on all accounts) was won in a period in which the football qualify was utter shit. It is unfair that teams which have been playing exciting football while dealing smartly in the transfer markets and remaining financially sane, are set to be overrun by the Oily McDonalds of England.

Bayern earned it's money and status, unlike the British ping-pong clubs.

It's the "best" league in the world because it's the most entertaining. Bundesliga isn't as entertaining when you can be pretty sure who is going to win it. Moreover, fans seem way more passionate over here; "smallish" clubs have a big fanbase which helps matches seem bigger and increases demand for it. English football seems to have more drama in general. In my opinion, it can be classed as unfair that you took Dortmund's three best players. Now you can claim that it wasn't the fact that you were 'Oily McDonalds of Germany' that validates it but it is the act which is unfair not the means you use to achieve it. And when you talk about Bayern, are you denying the fact that your TV revenue is greater than every other Bundesliga side? What does it mean to 'earn' money in that case?
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby DerKaiser » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:45 am

Cant blame the EPL for trying to be the most watched league in the world? Blame the DFL for not being informed of the intentions of the EPL, not trying to react accordingly and not perceiving it as a competition amongst leagues. The DFL probably needs new management , more influx of cash and of course better marketing.
In the end though us the end purchaser may/will suffer (Long live the net pirates! and pub life!)
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:56 am

DerKaiser wrote:Cant blame the EPL for trying to be the most watched league in the world? Blame the DFL for not being informed of the intentions of the EPL, not trying to react accordingly and not perceiving it as a competition amongst leagues. The DFL probably needs new management , more influx of cash and of course better marketing.
In the end though us the end purchaser may/will suffer (Long live the net pirates! and pub life!)

It don't blame either. I blame the mindless people who would rather watch Westham and Shitty ping-pong a ball in the air for 90 minutes without any sense of a plan, than a fantastic match between any of Bayern, Dortmund, Leverkusen, Gladbach, Schalke, et al.

I like beer a lot, so I like using it as an example to explain this. It is incredible to me that people would rather drink dirty water (eg Coors Light, Bud Light) than a 100 times better craft IPA (or whatever). The latter is so absolutely (almost objectively) better than the former, and yet the big bucks are made by the Buds of the world. In the beer market that's mostly irrelevant, because the there's plenty of raw materials to satisfy demand for both type of beer's production, but in football it is highly relevant because raw materials (players) are much more scarce and demand for them is rival.

PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:09 am

itisrising wrote:And when you talk about Bayern, are you denying the fact that your TV revenue is greater than every other Bundesliga side? What does it mean to 'earn' money in that case?

Sorry, I don't think you know what you're talking about. If you were thinking of La Liga and we were Barcelona instead of Bayern, you'd be right. Look.

As you can see it's about € 1m difference between one club and the next. Hardly a difference maker to a club revenue, in fact we're by far the fairest league in that regard. Meanwhile, the worst tinpot English clubs are earning double of Bayern's revenue. When you put it in that perspective it's hard not to think the money English clubs earned from TV deals is undeserved. It's nothing to do with the ethical or moral behaviour of clubs which you keep trying to argue with, it's so far from the point PunkCapitalist has been making and I don't think you understand it.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby pyrasur » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:05 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
DerKaiser wrote:Cant blame the EPL for trying to be the most watched league in the world? Blame the DFL for not being informed of the intentions of the EPL, not trying to react accordingly and not perceiving it as a competition amongst leagues. The DFL probably needs new management , more influx of cash and of course better marketing.

It don't blame either. I blame the mindless people who would rather watch Westham and Shitty ping-pong a ball in the air for 90 minutes without any sense of a plan, than a fantastic match between any of Bayern, Dortmund, Leverkusen, Gladbach, Schalke, et al.

I like beer a lot, so I like using it as an example to explain this. It is incredible to me that people would rather drink dirty water (eg Coors Light, Bud Light) than a 100 times better craft IPA (or whatever). The latter is so absolutely (almost objectively) better than the former, and yet the big bucks are made by the Buds of the world. In the beer market that's mostly irrelevant, because the there's plenty of raw materials to satisfy demand for both type of beer's production, but in football it is highly relevant because raw materials (players) are much more scarce and demand for them is rival.

You pretty much combined three of my three favorite topics of discussion into one post that encapsulates one of my firmest beliefs. You are my hero right now.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby pyrasur » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:40 am

Unfortunately, to expand on the metaphor, people don't get high life because it's the champagne of beers. Well unless they are hicks that think being ignorant is cool anyway. We get it because craft beer is expensive, has high search costs, and because I don't turn down cheap beer.

I used to be surprised, now I am more bemused every time I watch people bitch about the DFL allowing the EPL to be more marketable, and then bitch anytime the DFL tries to do anything about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Lukas » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:27 am

The fans are more passionate? They must be very bad at showing it then and I say that even as a fan of an English club, the atmosphere at the KC, like most English grounds, is terrible
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:37 am

itisrising wrote:There's nothing wrong with what we're doing with Auba - we're offering them money and they have the chance to accept/reject. We're not putting their backs against the wall. If anyone is weakening the Bundesliga, it's Bayern that are buying the Dortmund players which has the double benefit of hurting Dortmund and then strengthening Bayern.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"we're offering them money and they have the chance to accept/reject. We're not putting their backs against the wall."

What did Uli/Sammer do, point a pistol to Watzke's head? :lol: If anything we gave them over 70 million for 2 players, which is more than can be said for most of their sales. It's their fault they refused our Lewandowski offer and let him go for free.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:39 am

itisrising wrote:Moreover, fans seem way more passionate over here

:shock:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Kovacic » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:01 pm

Bayern buying Dormund players isn't that bad for German Football, if we didnt buy Hummels Lewa or Gotze they would go either in Spain or England. At least they stay here to entertain the fans and to win titles for a German Club. I hope Borussia Dormund wins some International Competitions so they can be accepted abroad as a top club simmilar to Athletico . Then they could keep their players and whole BL would get more money from broadcasting.

Now as it is, lets just say we save BL talents from foreign leagues.

Poslano sa mog 6045K koristeći Tapatalk
Kovacic
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby #12 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:04 pm

Unfair... We are still one of few European sides with half a homegrown starting XI... And Hummels was brought up here... Götze is shit right now... We really only took Lewa... And he was a free agent...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby kofta » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:51 am

itisrising wrote:There's nothing wrong with what we're doing with Auba - we're offering them money and they have the chance to accept/reject. We're not putting their backs against the wall. If anyone is weakening the Bundesliga, it's Bayern that are buying the Dortmund players which has the double benefit of hurting Dortmund and then strengthening Bayern.

itisrising wrote:In my opinion, it can be classed as unfair that you took Dortmund's three best players.

Not this sh*t again...

In every one of those 3 situations, both the team AND the player had the chance to accept/reject and chances are that the deal would have fallen through if either the team or the player rejected

The hypocrisy is great with this one...
kofta
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Australia

Postby pyrasur » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:44 am

There's nothing wrong with what City are doing. It's a shame Dortmund players are leaving a great sporting team, but this is business. We did it and I see no difference when another club recognizes the talent that we do. It would be a bit hypocritical if anyone from our fan base is criticizing City for seeking great players, and if any of us are critical it's probably sadness that a great German team is losing its players. Either that or simple bitterness at our previous manager. Not much you can do about that one but shrug and move on.

But I in no way judge a player for moving for a better wage, even if it is departing a great sporting team for a lesser one ;)
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby avirano » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:55 am

avirano
Yeah, now I'm talking!