You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.
 

Re: English football

Postby JANCKER » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:57 am

#12 wrote:I think Giggs is capable...


His sister in law agrees or ex-sister in law, not sure. :P
Cu' pecura si fa, lupu su' mancia.
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17263
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 8992 times
Been thanked: 8289 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:06 pm

#12 wrote:And so it starts: Guardiola and central midfielders...

Also: We should get Giggs if only just to parade him in front of those **** whenever we play there... IF we ever go back to EuropaLeague...

Seriously: I think Giggs is capable...


Giggs at Bayern? :sick:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 30303
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8419 times
Been thanked: 7050 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: English football

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:09 pm

DerKaiser wrote:KdB proved his worth by carrying Wolfsburg. Its up to any new team he joins to use him effectively. Come on guys, he rocked at wolfsburg! edit (improved his market value by about 40 mil) that aint no small cheese

He was great in that *half season* which begun with our loss to Wolfsburg. In the Hinrunde he wasn't at the same level.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5289
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2246 times
Been thanked: 2159 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby itisrising » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:28 pm

#12 wrote:
itisrising wrote:We managed to get the best Bundesliga talent last season. It may be a surprise but we've attracted much better players than Sane and now, with Pep, we'll have much more pulling power. Just listen to Gundogan's interview and you'll see the pulling power of Pep. If we want Sane, and you're not in for him, we'll most certainly get him.


You got a mercenary is what you got... And essentially, you only got him cause he was too much of a risk for us... ;)
And you probably have never seen a player as well as Sané - well, maybe, cause we played a few times in that half empty stadium...
And again (aside from the fact you're not really "attracting" ;) ) - some players don't want to leave their home country so soon - especially for a plastic club ;)


A mercenary like Aguero, Silva, Kompany etc right? Players that have been with us for years and haven't demanded to leave ever and have given us their best years and created history? If I think of mercenary, I'm more inclined to think of Lewandowski than I am KDB. We've got the most desirable manager in the world in the most competitive league in the world - the pulling power is evident. If you say Gundogan is a mercenary for wanting to play under Pep, what does that make Gotze?
User avatar
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 10:07 pm
National Flag:
United Kingdom
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 17 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby itisrising » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:32 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
DerKaiser wrote:KdB proved his worth by carrying Wolfsburg. Its up to any new team he joins to use him effectively. Come on guys, he rocked at wolfsburg! edit (improved his market value by about 40 mil) that aint no small cheese

He was great in that *half season* which begun with our loss to Wolfsburg. In the Hinrunde he wasn't at the same level.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk


You guys are doing KDB a great disservice, he's the most productive player in his position in the world. You'd love to have him in your side because of his abilities and you guys did try to get him.
User avatar
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 10:07 pm
National Flag:
United Kingdom
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 17 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby FCB general » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:33 pm

Cada loco con su tema.
User avatar
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6454
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 pm
Has thanked: 2608 times
Been thanked: 2819 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:53 pm

itisrising wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
DerKaiser wrote:KdB proved his worth by carrying Wolfsburg. Its up to any new team he joins to use him effectively. Come on guys, he rocked at wolfsburg! edit (improved his market value by about 40 mil) that aint no small cheese

He was great in that *half season* which begun with our loss to Wolfsburg. In the Hinrunde he wasn't at the same level.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk


You guys are doing KDB a great disservice, he's the most productive player in his position in the world. You'd love to have him in your side because of his abilities and you guys did try to get him.

We did try, but not that hard. If we really really wanted him, I'm sure we'd have gotten him. The thing was that he did not fit our playing style or squad in any way. He is not a winger, but rather a wide advanced midfielder or CAM. We didn't play with that position (we had Götze for it, but he was mostly shoved into the wings). That's not what we needed, but rather dribbling wingers like Costa or Coman. That's not to say he isn't a great player, although I think there are a few others at the same level or better for the same position (Mhikitaryan, James, Alexis).

All in all, he was a desirable player, but would have been a luxury signing, not a must-get. I say this without any hint of resentment at you getting him, and had already said it when the rumors began.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5289
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2246 times
Been thanked: 2159 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:08 pm

#12 wrote:And so it starts: Guardiola and central midfielders...

Also: We should get Giggs if only just to parade him in front of those **** whenever we play there... IF we ever go back to EuropaLeague...

Seriously: I think Giggs is capable...


my bad ... it is Man UTD cause for me Manchester there is only one team. 8)

as for Giggs I think he will start in the Championship and climb up the stairs from there and aspiring that one day he will manage MAN U.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 24622
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 20664 times
Been thanked: 5825 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby JANCKER » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:49 pm

Why exactly Giggs of all people?
Cu' pecura si fa, lupu su' mancia.
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17263
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 8992 times
Been thanked: 8289 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:45 pm

Just cause he's free now... Nothing more... Sports is about being able to acknowledge greatness, even if it's by a former rival...

@itisrising: BS... They're both mercenaries... Who says anyone demanded to leave us? ;)
And you have the biggest impostor in the most hyped league in the world... You'll see when your reigning champs - who I like - will get torn apart next year... Sure, there's players who want to join you... I acknowledge that... What you don't acknowledge is that FEW (in fact I can't think of a single one...) German prospects go abroad in their very very early twenties...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
User avatar
#12
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 7934
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 323 times
Been thanked: 2297 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby itisrising » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:03 pm

#12 wrote:Just cause he's free now... Nothing more... Sports is about being able to acknowledge greatness, even if it's by a former rival...

@itisrising: BS... They're both mercenaries... Who says anyone demanded to leave us? ;)
And you have the biggest impostor in the most hyped league in the world... You'll see when your reigning champs - who I like - will get torn apart next year... Sure, there's players who want to join you... I acknowledge that... What you don't acknowledge is that FEW (in fact I can't think of a single one...) German prospects go abroad in their very very early twenties...


Who are mecernaries? Gotze and Lewa?

Pep being an imposter is a joke; clearly has a track record of success and making players better. Practically everybody that has worked with him has described as an excellent coach and man-manager.

Of course certain players won't leave their country at a young age; that has little to do with our pulling power. My argument is that we have pulling power and Sane, for instance, has plenty of reasons to join us. We held off interest from PSG and, to a lesser extent, Bayern for KDB. And plenty of German youngsters make the move: Emre Can being one.
User avatar
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 10:07 pm
National Flag:
United Kingdom
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 17 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:12 pm

Can couldn't get playing time here... None... And now he plays for a club with a great history... Emphasis on history... Sané is a regular starter at a comparable club already... Which is his home... ;)
And he knows we want him... Only reasons (no plural s ;) ) for him to join you are Guardiola (still an impostor... So now we have players who are supposedly better than before - Götze, Müller, Lewa among others aren't, at least not significantly - but still wasted three shots at the big ears with our best squad ever...) and money... Since he seems to be a well-advised player we can assume the second won't be too much of an issue for him...
So I think we have at least as much leverage as you...

And if you want to keep kidding yourself, go on... But the truth is, we never wanted KDB (excellent player!) - he wanted US! And he only joined you, when we decided he was too much if a risk for us... So you didn't hold us off... If I wanted to be provocative I'd say we threw you one... ;)
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
User avatar
#12
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 7934
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 323 times
Been thanked: 2297 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby JANCKER » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:16 pm

Bayern didn't want to sell Can but he wanted playing time...
Cu' pecura si fa, lupu su' mancia.
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17263
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 8992 times
Been thanked: 8289 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:21 pm

[/quote]

I'm literally reading off Bundesliga.com which states that KDB won Bundesliga POTY. Whether it's Kicker or not isn't relevant, he was voted the best in a fair vote because he was fantastic that campaign which included running Bayern ragged.

I said 'played'. He came on in the 13th minute for Aguero in the Palace game.

It does matter because your inital premise was that the Bundesliga was a one-team league which is was not when Pep arrived. Dortmund proved that they were worthy challengers to the crown when Pep arrived and it is only know where you can state that because Pep has helped regain your dominance with 3 Bundesliga's under his reign.

He isn't going to go to PSG and Madrid for obvious reasons I've already stated. And we do play possession football, that has been our bread and butter for years. We've had to change that this season because we've lost David Silva, Samir Nasri and Yaya has declined and we bought in Raheem Sterling so our style has had to be on the counter. And David Silva isn't going anywhere.

Thing is, all the top teams in the BPL need major work. Arsenal to a lesser extent but they haven't challenged for the title in a decade. United, Chelsea, City and Liverpool all have to rebuild. Klopp is doing that at L'Pool, Conte will do that at Chelsea, Mourinho at United and Pep at City. Pep makes players better and we've got plenty of guys that need that so it's not just a case of bringing in loads of players. People often state that Pep avoids challenges but this one will certainly be that. He has all the resources and freedom to do what he likes to the team and he'll thrive because of it.[/quote]

Are you dumb? The Kicker award goes to players in Germany and Germans abroad....Dortmund beat us when half our team was injured and Wolfsburg came back from the emotional winter break of losing Malanda....

KDB came to replace Aguero and City sucked and won 1-0 with a lucky last minute goal from Ienkacko... Go look at KDB's wins and losses record in the league this season and tell me again your theory.

Doesn't matter whether DOrtmund won two title a season before PEp arrived. PSG didn't win a title in 20 years and have won the last 4... Dortmund was a rival back in 2012 and since than, they never really are our level. Some people here won't admit it, but Bayern has no rivals in Germany. We aren't one level above, but essentially a few levels above every team....

Also, both nasir and silva aren't on the predicted team next season, so essentially, your team is a counter attacking team now. Toure, nasri and silva I would agree and to some extent Aguero, but no one else on City is a counter attacking team... None of your CBs are experts passing the ball from the back and your goalkeeper is a typical english gk...

I highly doubt pep stays longer than 3 seasons at City.... Pep to me was always destined to be the new United manager.
User avatar
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1574
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:14 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 173 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:25 pm

KDB wouldn't start on Munich and I mentioned this a lot with KDB...

Pep is very similar to Jose in terms of personality... Not playstyle, but personality wise they are very similar. Everyone automatically forgets KDB essentially failed with Jose, however, there is a good chance he fails with pep too.

If KDB plays on the wings, PEp will ripped him apart for being invisible defensively, not helping out his fullbacks and weak. He plays as a cam/ss, David Silva and Gundogan plays where?

People think that losing Silva negated KDB, but in actually gave KDB more of a green light to do his thing and be the focal part of City. With both Gundogan and SIlva, all better playmakers, KDB will have to potentially reside on the wings and get eaten alive like Juan Mata does at United.
User avatar
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1574
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:14 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 173 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest