You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby itisrising » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:44 pm

Thiagoalcantara wrote:KDB isn't the best talent in Germany. He just put up the best stats....

Didn't really do anything for you guys in the league nor did Sterling....

Imagine if you guys get Laporte? Another injury prone player...

HEre, Pep was fortunate that the league is essentially a 1 team league and we have replacements for every position. However, City do not and the spine is either old/injury prone...I still would put City to win the title due to their squad being significantly better on paper, however, it all depends on the health of aguero/silva...

I'm a huge Pep supporter, however, CIty was the wrong team to go to and he had so many better options in PSG, Arsenal and Real madrid...

Ehem....

KDB was Bundesliga's POTY - therefore the biggest talent in Germany at the time he left.

KDB is a crucial player for us and has proven his worth - to say he's not done anything in the league for us is a joke.

Laporte has played 45 games this season and 49 the season before. This is his first major injury and he's already back running. When you make such statements, you come across as very biased in that regard.

Your league isn't a one-team league, Dortmund won it twice in the last 5 years. Pep is here to rebuild our spine which Pellegrini failed to do.

We're the perfect team for him. We have the best structure for him to thrive in and implement his style; something he never had fully at Bayern. He's working with his friends in Txiki and Sorriano and gets to manage a top team in a league he's wished to managed. The stage is set for Pep to build a dynasty for us and there's no restrictions for him this time.
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:53 pm

bundesliga doesn't have an official POTY award...

You guys placed 4th in the league, when you started the league 5-0, before KDB started a match.

Agreed with laporte, however, this injury is a huge injury for a player at his age...

Bayern has won the last 4 domestic league titles......

Last part I do agree partially. I mentioned the whole relationship with Tiki and that here I do not think he got the same support from the board or overall control like he would want.. However, in terms of team, City is far from ideal. A fit and healthy Gundogan is a start, however, Pep would need maybe 7-8 more changes in the starting 11.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby itisrising » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:18 pm

Thiagoalcantara wrote:bundesliga doesn't have an official POTY award...

You guys placed 4th in the league, when you started the league 5-0, before KDB started a match.

Agreed with laporte, however, this injury is a huge injury for a player at his age...

Bayern has won the last 4 domestic league titles......

Last part I do agree partially. I mentioned the whole relationship with Tiki and that here I do not think he got the same support from the board or overall control like he would want.. However, in terms of team, City is far from ideal. A fit and healthy Gundogan is a start, however, Pep would need maybe 7-8 more changes in the starting 11.

'Kevin de Bruyne has been voted player of the year in Germany after a stellar season in the Bundesliga'

Those first 5 games, firstly, included KDB (Palace) and a fit and healthy David Silva who were haven't had since. We've been inconsistent since and became even worse when KDB got injured.

Yes, Bayern have won 4 in a row. However, when Pep arrived, they only had only just reclaimed the league title from Dortmund who won it two seasons in a row. So Pep wasn't fortunate that it was a one-team league because it wasn't when he arrived.

Laporte's injury isn't as grave as you'd like to believe - Varane has had 2 major injuries and he's done fine. Injuries can happen at any time but there's no real significance of a 22 year old having his first major injury and progressing faster than expected.

Yes, the team isn't ideal but no team in the league is ideal. Arsenal have 2 world-class players and that's really it. He's have to purchase a similar number of players there too. PSG isn't a challenge domestically and he'd never go to Madrid. When you consider everything, we're the best club for him to succeed and play his style of football.
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby JANCKER » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:21 pm

The first major injury is critical...
Una palabra no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo esconde todo, igual que el viento esconde el agua, como las flores que esconden lodo. Una mirada no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo dice todo, como la lluvia sobre tu cara o el viejo mapa de algun tesoro.
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby itisrising » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:41 pm

JANCKER wrote:The first major injury is critical...

It's not that significant and you can't place too much importance on that. I'd be much more worried if he had muscle injuries but a knee injury isn't reoccuring and most players are fine afterwards. People trying to label him injury prone as a result of that is ridiculous.
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:51 pm

Bundesliga doesn't have an official POTY, KICKer magazine is what you are refferring about.... Hence, why Germans playing abroad won the same award as well... You should probably take some time to read before talking.

WHERE DID KDB START in the first 5 matches?????

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/958435/Live
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/958475/Live
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/959729/Live
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/959766/Live
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/959775/Live

Doesn't matter if Dortmund won it 2 years prior. United won the title before too and never touched it again since the Fergie era and Dortmund essentially peaked when they lost the CL to us and have lost a key player every season essentially.

Being world class is completely irrelevant... CITY play counter football and don't have players that play 1 touch possession football outside of David Silva, the Spainard that every media outlet is reporting will be sold by Pep or the board....

Arsenal, PSG, and Real madrid all play possession football and have the players to excel in it, unlike City... If it wasn't for the board, I have no clue why Pep is going to man city, unless he has informed TIki to sell 90 percent of your team.

Also, this season both Chelsea and United were not title threats. Next season, don't expect Chelsea to flop again in the league and a Jose lead team is always in the fight for the title....United team sucks, but Jose is good with those kind of odds. Conservative and winning games 1-0...

If you guys sell 90 percent of the team, I can understand, but the team you have on paper makes no sense why pep would go there instead of another team.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby itisrising » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:26 pm

Thiagoalcantara wrote:Bundesliga doesn't have an official POTY, KICKer magazine is what you are refferring about.... Hence, why Germans playing abroad won the same award as well... You should probably take some time to read before talking.

WHERE DID KDB START in the first 5 matches?????

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/958435/Live
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/958475/Live
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/959729/Live
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/959766/Live
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/959775/Live

Doesn't matter if Dortmund won it 2 years prior. United won the title before too and never touched it again since the Fergie era and Dortmund essentially peaked when they lost the CL to us and have lost a key player every season essentially.

Being world class is completely irrelevant... CITY play counter football and don't have players that play 1 touch possession football outside of David Silva, the Spainard that every media outlet is reporting will be sold by Pep or the board....

Arsenal, PSG, and Real madrid all play possession football and have the players to excel in it, unlike City... If it wasn't for the board, I have no clue why Pep is going to man city, unless he has informed TIki to sell 90 percent of your team.

Also, this season both Chelsea and United were not title threats. Next season, don't expect Chelsea to flop again in the league and a Jose lead team is always in the fight for the title....United team sucks, but Jose is good with those kind of odds. Conservative and winning games 1-0...

If you guys sell 90 percent of the team, I can understand, but the team you have on paper makes no sense why pep would go there instead of another team.

I'm literally reading off Bundesliga.com which states that KDB won Bundesliga POTY. Whether it's Kicker or not isn't relevant, he was voted the best in a fair vote because he was fantastic that campaign which included running Bayern ragged.

I said 'played'. He came on in the 13th minute for Aguero in the Palace game.

It does matter because your inital premise was that the Bundesliga was a one-team league which is was not when Pep arrived. Dortmund proved that they were worthy challengers to the crown when Pep arrived and it is only know where you can state that because Pep has helped regain your dominance with 3 Bundesliga's under his reign.

He isn't going to go to PSG and Madrid for obvious reasons I've already stated. And we do play possession football, that has been our bread and butter for years. We've had to change that this season because we've lost David Silva, Samir Nasri and Yaya has declined and we bought in Raheem Sterling so our style has had to be on the counter. And David Silva isn't going anywhere.

Thing is, all the top teams in the BPL need major work. Arsenal to a lesser extent but they haven't challenged for the title in a decade. United, Chelsea, City and Liverpool all have to rebuild. Klopp is doing that at L'Pool, Conte will do that at Chelsea, Mourinho at United and Pep at City. Pep makes players better and we've got plenty of guys that need that so it's not just a case of bringing in loads of players. People often state that Pep avoids challenges but this one will certainly be that. He has all the resources and freedom to do what he likes to the team and he'll thrive because of it.
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:32 am

itisrising wrote:We managed to get the best Bundesliga talent last season. It may be a surprise but we've attracted much better players than Sane and now, with Pep, we'll have much more pulling power. Just listen to Gundogan's interview and you'll see the pulling power of Pep. If we want Sane, and you're not in for him, we'll most certainly get him.

You got a mercenary is what you got... And essentially, you only got him cause he was too much of a risk for us... ;)
And you probably have never seen a player as well as Sané - well, maybe, cause we played a few times in that half empty stadium...
And again (aside from the fact you're not really "attracting" ;) ) - some players don't want to leave their home country so soon - especially for a plastic club ;)
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:48 am

You guys are undermining De Bruyne too much, he doesn't suddenly turn to a shit player just because he signed for a less than desirable club. I can't name a Bayern player apart from Mueller and maybe Robben who was better than him in the 2014/15 Bundesliga season and he'll walk straight into our squad easily.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:27 am

Well he was shit at Chelsea before... ;)

And I'm not saying he's bad... But he IS a mercenary and he defo WANTED to come here...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:29 am

More like Chelsea was too shit for him tbh.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby DerKaiser » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:32 am

KdB proved his worth by carrying Wolfsburg. Its up to any new team he joins to use him effectively. Come on guys, he rocked at wolfsburg! edit (improved his market value by about 40 mil) that aint no small cheese
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:38 am

Ryan Giggs will leave Manchester United in the close season to explore opportunities in management away from the club, Sky Sports reported, citing sources.
Giggs has been at United for 29 years and served as interim player-manager when David Moyes was sacked in 2014 and as an assistant coach under Louis van Gaal.
Former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho, who was announced as Van Gaal's replacement last week, is bringing his own management team to Old Trafford with his long-time assistant Rui Faria set to take up the role that Giggs has filled.
The Welshman is currently on holiday in Dubai and is scheduled to return to England at the weekend. [source]
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:43 am

Italian media reporting that Man are offering 77.7 million euros for Pogba
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:54 am

And so it starts: Guardiola and central midfielders...

Also: We should get Giggs if only just to parade him in front of those **** whenever we play there... IF we ever go back to EuropaLeague...

Seriously: I think Giggs is capable...

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe