You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.
 

Re: English football

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed May 25, 2016 4:25 pm

itisrising wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:[quote="pyrasur"]If he was thinking short term move to a big club City is probably the better option. He would have an easier time breaking in and the more physical, less tactically demanding football would suit his dribbling.

Long term though he'd be best to stay at Schalke, then Bayern. That's how he stays in the NT radar, and in a year if he's matured and after Robbery move on he's on a top European team.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I disagree. I think both short term and long term, a move to City benefits him. The chance to be a starter and improve under Pep would be a tremendous opportunity for him. The league, like you stated, may well suit him. At Bayern, he'd need to wait years to become a starter and it would be contingent on him being better than Coman and Robben which may be difficult for him. Gotze would be an example of a young player that's struggling after making the move to Bayern.

Not true. Robben and Ribery no longer count and will be off in one more season most likely. They can barely stay fit anymore. Costa in my view is only a transitional player who will help us stay competitive between the Robbery era and whatever comes next. He is good, but not Robbery-good. Sané (RW) would be the ideal partner for Coman (LW) long term.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk


For me, it just makes more sense for Sane to go to us. Pep will make him a better player and he'll be a guaranteed starter. Unlike you guys, we don't have 4 top wingers. We have Sterling and we need to replace Navas who simply isn't good enough. I hope Sane joins us but Bayern seem to have a pull on Bundesliga players. I don't understand why German clubs seem so open to selling players to you; you almost took KDB last season as Wolfsburg preferred to sell to you somehow.[/quote]
Well, playing for Bayern Munich is in itself much better than playing for you. I don't think it's a case of Bundesliga teams wanting to sell to us, but rather the players pushing that way. Leverkusen famously refused to sell Vidal to us back in the day and our acquisitions from Dortmund were 1st release clause 2nd end of contract 3rd player pushing to come back home (family, trophies and all of that too).
I suspect KDB wanted to come to Bayern as a first option but gave away when Wolfsburg wanted to cash in for a higher price (we were not going to pay the ridiculous sum you did, especially for a player who would have been just a luxury signing).

Also, you speak so much about playing for Pep and his pulling power that you make it sound like we were left with Pellegrini or something... we've got a 3 times CL winning coach coming in. But regardless of that, as an institution we clearly have much more pulling power than your team, and much more so for German players.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk[/quote]

I'm not denying you have pulling power, you guys do, especially for German talent. But in terms of development, however, Pep has far more of a reputation of developing players than Carlo does. If Sane wants to be a guaranteed starter and learn from the best, we're the best place for him. I'm not quite sure what the relationship is between Wolfsburg and Bayern but I remember reading that Volkswagen had something to do with it. And you also seem to forget the financial pull we have in these deals.[/quote]



Friendly advise: stop thinking Pep is the Messiah. He did well introducing Coman and Kimmich to the team, but that was only possible because of injuries to a lot of people. He also failed to develop Højbjerg, Gaudino, Götze (miserably failed in this case), Rode, et al. His track record for developing youth *with us* was rather poor. I fear a little bit that Carlo won't want to rotate much, but he certainly here he won't face the pressure under which he was at Madrid to feature the primadonnas all the time (in fact, I actually think he will be encouraged to rotate extensively. We just have too rich a squad not to do so).

OT: Pep did many great things for Bayern, but he also persisted with some calls widely regarded as bad (he vetoed Javi from MF, turned Lahm into a permanent MF, insisted on playing Alaba as a CB despite having natural CBs on the bench and Alaba playing poorly, insisted with an almost suicidal high defensive line, practically eliminated direct corner kicks, etc). I really enjoyed the forward thinking football he brought, but also think his approach was VERY unbalanced. He refuses to defend traditionally, hates traditional strong and tall MFs, has no use for number 10s, etc. Not all is rosy on Pep-town.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
Last edited by PunkCapitalist on Wed May 25, 2016 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5038
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2054 times
Been thanked: 2007 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby #12 » Wed May 25, 2016 4:38 pm

itisrising wrote:For me, it just makes more sense for Sane to go to us. Pep will make him a better player and he'll be a guaranteed starter. Unlike you guys, we don't have 4 top wingers. We have Sterling and we need to replace Navas who simply isn't good enough. I hope Sane joins us but Bayern seem to have a pull on Bundesliga players. I don't understand why German clubs seem so open to selling players to you; you almost took KDB last season as Wolfsburg preferred to sell to you somehow.


PepPepPep... You realize how many young players he added here? None... Kimmich didn't play until we had severe problems at CB... You COULD say Coman, but Coman is yet to have a big breakthrough... If anything, the guy is a coach who can form a squad out of bought talent... So yeah, he fits you... Developing players? Few... Can't deny though that Boateng and partly Alaba definitely improved under him...

Also, he didn't want to join you guys in winter - why would he now? He could play at better teams than yours... Not even talking about Bayern here... Which is in his home country... The pull we have is: your food sucks... :P :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
User avatar
#12
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 7100
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 270 times
Been thanked: 2087 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby itisrising » Wed May 25, 2016 4:50 pm

#12 wrote:
itisrising wrote:For me, it just makes more sense for Sane to go to us. Pep will make him a better player and he'll be a guaranteed starter. Unlike you guys, we don't have 4 top wingers. We have Sterling and we need to replace Navas who simply isn't good enough. I hope Sane joins us but Bayern seem to have a pull on Bundesliga players. I don't understand why German clubs seem so open to selling players to you; you almost took KDB last season as Wolfsburg preferred to sell to you somehow.


PepPepPep... You realize how many young players he added here? None... Kimmich didn't play until we had severe problems at CB... You COULD say Coman, but Coman is yet to have a big breakthrough... If anything, the guy is a coach who can form a squad out of bought talent... So yeah, he fits you... Developing players? Few... Can't deny though that Boateng and partly Alaba definitely improved under him...

Also, he didn't want to join you guys in winter - why would he now? He could play at better teams than yours... Not even talking about Bayern here... Which is in his home country... The pull we have is: your food sucks... :P :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:


For a reason, your youth team is terrible! We beat you guys 6-0 a couple years ago. We have some top talents in our youth system and Pep has no reason not to give them a shot. And Boateng certainly improved under him like Pique because he was terrible for us.

Outside of the big 3 teams, there isn't a club that would have as much pulling power as us. We never made a concrete bid for Sane in the winter. We'll see in the summer but there's plenty of reason for Sane to sign for us!@
User avatar
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 10:07 pm
National Flag:
United Kingdom
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 17 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Wed May 25, 2016 4:57 pm

Pep gave 22 debuts to barcelona cadets during his 3 year span...

Denying the pulling power Pep brings is really naive. Pep is a brand himself, similar to how Jose was a brand. City may be an average club, but why the F would a young kid care about that when he going to play for a project with Pep???

WHY did anyone join Chelsea or PSG???? PLayers/agents recognize potential projects, etc. Sane may have rejected City in the winter, but that is without Pep. Now with Pep, it's a whole new ballgame.
User avatar
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 1574
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:14 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 173 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Wed May 25, 2016 5:02 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:You are forgetting factors such as the fact that he won't have to leave the country if he joins Bayern. For most German players, playing for Bayern is a sign that you've made it in your career, maybe even more so than playing for one of the Spanish sides.


Does Sane consider himself "GERMAN."

Like, to the extent where playing for bayern would be significant... He seems to talk about going to barcelona as his dream and he might be in the mold of the mix german kids that want to leave bundesliga
User avatar
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 1574
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:14 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 173 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby tflags » Wed May 25, 2016 7:29 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk


It's amazing how you guys can type such long posts on a mobile phone. I get thumb hurt just thinking about it.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
User avatar
tflags
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 8555
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:41 pm
Location: Around the world... in 80 days.
National Flag:
Ecuador
Has thanked: 764 times
Been thanked: 2690 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: English football

Postby #12 » Wed May 25, 2016 7:47 pm

itisrising wrote:For a reason, your youth team is terrible! We beat you guys 6-0 a couple years ago. We have some top talents in our youth system and Pep has no reason not to give them a shot. And Boateng certainly improved under him like Pique because he was terrible for us.

Outside of the big 3 teams, there isn't a club that would have as much pulling power as us. We never made a concrete bid for Sane in the winter. We'll see in the summer but there's plenty of reason for Sane to sign for us!


Our youth team is not allowed to play top flight according to German FA rules... And we have Müller, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Kroos and Alaba to show for - who do you have? ;)
Boateng was already a much improved CL winner when Mr. Messiah came here ;) One reason is he didn't have to play RB any more...
And if I were a professional player I could still think of 5 or 6 clubs I'd consider earning less than half the paycheck before signing in Manchester, sorry mate... ;)
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
User avatar
#12
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 7100
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 270 times
Been thanked: 2087 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby JANCKER » Wed May 25, 2016 7:55 pm

Zlatan Ibrahimovic wants £220,000 a week to join Manchester United [source]


Zlatan doesn't like EL football...
Una palabra no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo esconde todo, igual que el viento esconde el agua, como las flores que esconden lodo. Una mirada no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo dice todo, como la lluvia sobre tu cara o el viejo mapa de algun tesoro.
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17053
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 8912 times
Been thanked: 8161 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed May 25, 2016 7:58 pm

tflags wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk


It's amazing how you guys can type such long posts on a mobile phone. I get thumb hurt just thinking about it.

Cause you're old

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5038
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2054 times
Been thanked: 2007 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 25, 2016 8:04 pm

JANCKER wrote:
Zlatan Ibrahimovic wants £220,000 a week to join Manchester United [source]


Zlatan doesn't like EL football...
I am sure that UTD will accept

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 23235
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 19552 times
Been thanked: 5562 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby itisrising » Wed May 25, 2016 8:36 pm

#12 wrote:
itisrising wrote:For a reason, your youth team is terrible! We beat you guys 6-0 a couple years ago. We have some top talents in our youth system and Pep has no reason not to give them a shot. And Boateng certainly improved under him like Pique because he was terrible for us.

Outside of the big 3 teams, there isn't a club that would have as much pulling power as us. We never made a concrete bid for Sane in the winter. We'll see in the summer but there's plenty of reason for Sane to sign for us!


Our youth team is not allowed to play top flight according to German FA rules... And we have Müller, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Kroos and Alaba to show for - who do you have? ;)
Boateng was already a much improved CL winner when Mr. Messiah came here ;) One reason is he didn't have to play RB any more...
And if I were a professional player I could still think of 5 or 6 clubs I'd consider earning less than half the paycheck before signing in Manchester, sorry mate... ;)


Your youth team is poor. You haven't produced anyone in the last half decade. Possibly only Can. When you say Pep hasn't made anyone better, you're forgetting the fact that practically every top star has said he has improved them. I'm more inclined to take their views more seriously than yours when you seem to dislike Pep!! 8)
User avatar
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 10:07 pm
National Flag:
United Kingdom
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 17 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Wed May 25, 2016 8:48 pm

Sad thing is the mentality here is exactly the same as United fans....

Always telling everyone else in England/world, we have signficant youth players and we don't sack managers and buy expensive players... Than, the league got a lot more diluted and United hasn't won a title since, spend the most money in England and sacked 2 managers....

Once the league gets competitive again, we don't have to spend as much as guys in England that don't care about spending over.
User avatar
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 1574
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:14 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 173 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby JANCKER » Wed May 25, 2016 8:58 pm

Image
Una palabra no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo esconde todo, igual que el viento esconde el agua, como las flores que esconden lodo. Una mirada no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo dice todo, como la lluvia sobre tu cara o el viejo mapa de algun tesoro.
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17053
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 8912 times
Been thanked: 8161 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby Roonzil » Wed May 25, 2016 10:13 pm

RAFA BENITEZ STAYS AT NEWCASTLE UNITED!! :D :D :D

I am insanely happy with this! Finally some good news for Newcastle. Not sure if he's the man to get us back into the Premier League, but the general atmosphere at Newcastle has been SO much better ever since he arrived. It looks like most fans don't even care about the relegation anymore. Give us some good games with a nice team and a nice manager, and this town is happy! And I am happy!
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Image
Total ho for Thiago :P
User avatar
Roonzil
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 1625
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:54 pm
National Flag:
Netherlands
Has thanked: 168 times
Been thanked: 990 times
Gender: Female

Re: English football

Postby JANCKER » Wed May 25, 2016 10:15 pm

Brave from him... let him build that team from scratch. Nobody ever trusted Rafa 100%...
Una palabra no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo esconde todo, igual que el viento esconde el agua, como las flores que esconden lodo. Una mirada no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo dice todo, como la lluvia sobre tu cara o el viejo mapa de algun tesoro.
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17053
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 8912 times
Been thanked: 8161 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo! [Bot] and 4 guests