You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat May 14, 2016 1:50 am

itisrising wrote:And surely if this is fair, owners coming in and taking over a club should be also considered normal practice?

In my opinion, yeah it's fair, as much as I dislike it. I imagine I'd be perfectly okay with it if Bayern were a club that were once financially taken over in the past. It's just that you can't really ask people to like the practice and/or not hate you. But as I said in the beginning, you as a fan shouldn't care too much about it.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Lukas » Sat May 14, 2016 8:54 am

Maybe (or as you say in Manc Land maybeeeeeeeeeeeh :wink: ) it's just me then but I don't begrudge City fans their success after going through so much shit in the shadow of their neighbours. Agree about the media but we all know Liverpool, United, Tottenham and Arsenal are their favourites
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby itisrising » Sat May 14, 2016 3:22 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
itisrising wrote:And surely if this is fair, owners coming in and taking over a club should be also considered normal practice?

In my opinion, yeah it's fair, as much as I dislike it. I imagine I'd be perfectly okay with it if Bayern were a club that were once financially taken over in the past. It's just that you can't really ask people to like the practice and/or not hate you. But as I said in the beginning, you as a fan shouldn't care too much about it.

I totally get people not liking it but I don't get the notion that we have no history. It's just something that doesn't sit right with me. But, as a fan, I doubt anyone of us would like our side to be hated by people all around the world.

On a slightly different note, how do you think Pep will do here? Is he one to really give youths a shot?
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat May 14, 2016 3:34 pm

If he sees a youth good enough to displace a starter, he'll play him. If not, too bad. You won't see him subbing in a random youth player just for the sake of him getting some minutes.

As far as I know the current youth crop in CIty is much better than Bayern's, so I think you can expect to see one or two. Our youth during his time here were generally shit.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby itisrising » Sat May 14, 2016 3:57 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:If he sees a youth good enough to displace a starter, he'll play him. If not, too bad. You won't see him subbing in a random youth player just for the sake of him getting some minutes.

As far as I know the current youth crop in CIty is much better than Bayern's, so I think you can expect to see one or two. Our youth during his time here were generally shit.

That sounds like a plus to me. Pellegrini has an anti-youth mindset. He loaned out Denayer, who had a fantastic campaign with Celtic and was capped by Belgium, and kept Demichelis who wanted to leaves as his legs were gone. I hope Pep uses the players we've produced in our youth system.
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Sat May 14, 2016 6:04 pm

Also, what you guys have to take into consideration is the level of competition in EPL vs Germany....

IN EPL, United always was a proud team with their youth academy, however, who exactly has made it recently?????

This season LVG has promoted a few young prospects and they are fighting for top 4 this season, however, it' mainly due to both City and Chelsea crap season.... United don't play good football anymore.

If you put Bayern in EPL or La Liga, no doubt in my mind our transfer policy would be completely different. In Germany, we can relax a lot more knowing our rivals arent going to spend a hell load of money like subpar teams ala Stoke City and Sunderland.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sat May 14, 2016 8:59 pm

Thiagoalcantara wrote:United don't play good football anymore.

Did they ever?

Thiagoalcantara wrote:If you put Bayern in EPL or La Liga, no doubt in my mind our transfer policy would be completely different.

Yeah, we'd suffocate EPL... La Liga - not so much... Maybe with another coach... We'd still be Top 5 or even 4 though...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Valkress » Sat May 14, 2016 9:18 pm

#12 wrote:
Thiagoalcantara wrote:United don't play good football anymore.

Did they ever?

Thiagoalcantara wrote:If you put Bayern in EPL or La Liga, no doubt in my mind our transfer policy would be completely different.

Yeah, we'd suffocate EPL... La Liga - not so much... Maybe with another coach... We'd still be Top 5 or even 4 though...

Please... I guess you're saying that because Bayern was eliminated against the big 3 in Spain but in a league, if you report the points from those results , Bayern would actually lose points only to Real. And, unlike Real, Bayern (and especially Pep's Bayern) don't lose points to minnows.

Bayern in La liga would be at least top 3 every year and probably champion every 2 years (out of all big clubs, Bayern is the most regular against smaller ones).

And concerning the EPL, let's just say that if Bayern were there, they probably wouldn't have that big TV contract... Apparently, no one is interested in watching a 1ghorse league 8)
Valkress
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Belgium

Postby #12 » Sat May 14, 2016 9:22 pm

Kinda... That second Barca game was a gift after the 1-2... I really DO think La Liga is the best atm... And I think we'd lose points to more sides there... Cause Guardiola never figured out how to play against them, which is weird, cause those are the clubs he should know best...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Valkress » Sat May 14, 2016 10:22 pm

I fully agree, LA Liga is the best. No point in arguing anyway, the European palmares is there to prove it to all. And I think Pep bad results against Spanish sides comes more from his "cowardness" towards the away games. It would be completely different in a league.
Last edited by Valkress on Sat May 14, 2016 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valkress
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Belgium

Postby JANCKER » Sat May 14, 2016 10:33 pm

You'll play boring football under Pep... :P
Cu' pecura si fa, lupu su' mancia.
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCB general » Sat May 14, 2016 10:47 pm

Leicester City... Yeah, such an incredible story.

Look what I just found after those posted pictures of FCB fans' pitch celebration:

Troy Deeney's goal three years ago in the Championship and post-goal stadium trans - AGAINST LEICESTER CITY! :o :shock: :P

p.s. Both teams are in the Premier League today. :)
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Sat May 14, 2016 11:02 pm

Please... I guess you're saying that because Bayern was eliminated against the big 3 in Spain but in a league, if you report the points from those results , Bayern would actually lose points only to Real. And, unlike Real, Bayern (and especially Pep's Bayern) don't lose points to minnows.

Bayern in La liga would be at least top 3 every year and probably champion every 2 years (out of all big clubs, Bayern is the most regular against smaller ones).

And concerning the EPL, let's just say that if Bayern were there, they probably wouldn't have that big TV contract... Apparently, no one is interested in watching a 1ghorse league 8)[/quote]

We lost to a crap Mainz team a few months ago and dropped points to Minnows...

Also, if BAyern went to la liga, they would essentially be playing against a different brand of football... I don't think bayern would of been top 3 every season the last 3 seasons if they were in Spain, because that would mean essentially 1 of the big 3 would be out. Also, with our shit injury record, no way would we have every 2 years.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Sat May 14, 2016 11:07 pm

All you have to do is look at the transfer market. We don't spend as much as the crazy English sides or the big 2 in Spain, however, compare to German teams we spend a hell of a lot. Which is why I said, if you put bayern in a more competitive league, our transfer policy would definitely be different.

I remember United fans being so proud of being a team that doesnt spend a lot, doesnt fire managers and criticizing everyone else in the EPL. Than Fergie left and how much money to United Spend during LVG+Moyes tenure? TO win what????

Look at teams like crap teams in England and how much they spend vs Bundesliga...
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby JANCKER » Sat May 14, 2016 11:09 pm

Cu' pecura si fa, lupu su' mancia.
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

PreviousNext