You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.

Re: English football

Postby #12 » Fri May 13, 2016 11:35 pm

itisrising wrote:but I hope Pep is alot more accommodating to young players.

Don't get your hopes up... He'll spend all the money he can in order to buy as many - good - players he wants to make up for his - intentional - tactical mischief...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri May 13, 2016 11:45 pm

Come on guys there's no need to be hostile to itisrising is there? As long as a given City fan is not one who only started supporting since 2009, there's no reason to rip them apart irrespective of how much you hate City (which I do for the record), unless he acts like a total scumbag like that United fan who so intentionally trolled us about Schweinsteiger (bet he's not laughing now though).

City are universally hated for all the oil money stuff, and I think as a City fan you just gotta deal with it really. It shouldn't matter to you that you're hated, if I were you I'll just enjoy your current (relative) "success" and not care what the others have to say. Bayern were, in a way, in a similar position as City decades ago when we overtook 1860 and are hated by half of Germany today, although admittedly our riches came gradually instead of through an injection.

I think it's pretty low for anyone to say that City don't have history when they were founded 100 years ago (I think?). Lack of major trophies and honours throughout the given history, sure, but what can a fan do about that? If they were literally just founded in 2005, yes then they don't have history. For me the most sickening thing is finding out someone only started "supporting" City in 2012 to find a hipster club to support. Although if you're a fan who's been there, from supporting a mid-table club to witnessing the sheikh takeover, I've got nothing against you and I can only imagine it as a great moment for you.

I still don't like your club though :mrgreen:
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby JANCKER » Fri May 13, 2016 11:55 pm

What is rising? Oil prices again? Feck. #-o
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby itisrising » Sat May 14, 2016 12:08 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:Come on guys there's no need to be hostile to itisrising is there? As long as a given City fan is not one who only started supporting since 2009, there's no reason to rip them apart irrespective of how much you hate City (which I do for the record), unless he acts like a total scumbag like that United fan who so intentionally trolled us about Schweinsteiger (bet he's not laughing now though).

City are universally hated for all the oil money stuff, and I think as a City fan you just gotta deal with it really. It shouldn't matter to you that you're hated, if I were you I'll just enjoy your current (relative) "success" and not care what the others have to say. Bayern were, in a way, in a similar position as City decades ago when we overtook 1860 and are hated by half of Germany today, although admittedly our riches came gradually instead of through an injection.

I think it's pretty low for anyone to say that City don't have history when they were founded 100 years ago (I think?). Lack of major trophies and honours throughout the given history, sure, but what can a fan do about that? If they were literally just founded in 2005, yes then they don't have history. For me the most sickening thing is finding out someone only started "supporting" City in 2012 to find a hipster club to support. Although if you're a fan who's been there, from supporting a mid-table club to witnessing the sheikh takeover, I've got nothing against you and I can only imagine it as a great moment for you.

Haha, I understand why we're disliked by many. I guess that's what sorta makes our club special. We've gone from the lowest lows to the highest highs and we're still despised by everyone that's not a fan including the media.

And I understand your point about embracing it all and to some extent I do especially with United ( :D ) but I feel it goes against the nature of the club to gloat about our recent success considering our position just the last decade. We do have plastic fans coming our way but I would think that's the same with every 'big' club. Truth be told, we weren't always the largest fan base with most people supporting United but we hung in there and now who knows what will happen under Pep. I've seen that he's somewhat polarising on this forum but I hope he brings passion and life back into our side!
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat May 14, 2016 12:12 am

itisrising wrote:that's what sorta makes our club special.

I wouldn't go THAT far ;)
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Lukas » Sat May 14, 2016 12:19 am

itisrising wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:Come on guys there's no need to be hostile to itisrising is there? As long as a given City fan is not one who only started supporting since 2009, there's no reason to rip them apart irrespective of how much you hate City (which I do for the record), unless he acts like a total scumbag like that United fan who so intentionally trolled us about Schweinsteiger (bet he's not laughing now though).

Haha, I understand why we're disliked by many. I guess that's what sorta makes our club special. We've gone from the lowest lows to the highest highs and we're still despised by everyone that's not a fan including the media.

Sorry to disappoint you but I don't think that's true at all. Apart from United fans no other English fans "despise" you
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby #12 » Sat May 14, 2016 12:22 am

Also that "still" makes no sense... Cause you'd be a lot more likeable had you actually had to wrok for your success or as you say "highs"...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sat May 14, 2016 12:22 am

I'm sorry I couldn't help myself. Man City (as well as Chelsea and PSG) represent all that disgusts me about football. Well, that and cheating.

I pride myself on being a long time fan of a club that rose to power from the resources it rightfully earned. When rich people buy clubs and start pumping in money for me they killed the club and founded a new one with the same name. A club that cheats financially.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby itisrising » Sat May 14, 2016 12:25 am

Lukas wrote:
itisrising wrote:

Sorry to disappoint you but I don't think that's true at all. Apart from United fans no other English fans "despise" you

Possibly despise isn't the right word, but certainly a large portion of the English fan base don't want us to succeed. The media fuel that fire at every opportunity; BT's coverage of our Champions League campaign was almost scandalous

And we simply hit the jackpot in 2008. It's not like big clubs in general 'work' for their success when they pick up the best players in the world using their stature and money to do so.
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby #12 » Sat May 14, 2016 12:29 am

itisrising wrote:And we simply hit the jackpot in 2008. It's not like big clubs in general 'work' for their success when they pick up the best players in the world using their stature and money to do so.

Yeah right... :roll:

Just that

1.) We have almost half a team of homegrowns... Starters...
2.) "our" money comes not out of nowhere... Somebody giving you anything for free? I mean, it's not like you deserve your food when you just use > money you worked for yourself < to buy it... :P :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

National Flag:
Germany

Postby itisrising » Sat May 14, 2016 12:31 am

MUTU wrote:I'm sorry I couldn't help myself. Man City (as well as Chelsea and PSG) represent all that disgusts me about football. Well, that and cheating.

I pride myself on being a long time fan of a club that rose to power from the resources it rightfully earned. When rich people buy clubs and start pumping in money for me they killed the club and founded a new one with the same name. A club that cheats financially.

Well I think you'll find, if you look back at history, that many clubs grew in stature after a takeover. It just happened so long ago that people choose to conveniently forget it. If we are to talk about the morals of the game, surely picking up players that your main rivals developed breaks that?

As a fan base, all we wanted was success for our club. This was the means in which we achieved it.
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby itisrising » Sat May 14, 2016 12:35 am

#12 wrote:
itisrising wrote:And we simply hit the jackpot in 2008. It's not like big clubs in general 'work' for their success when they pick up the best players in the world using their stature and money to do so.

Just that

2.) "our" money comes not out of nowhere... Somebody giving you anything for free? I mean, it's not like you deserve your food when you just use > money you worked for yourself < to buy it... :P :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Well if we look at Bayern, and you guys are the experts, it looks as though you take the top talents from your league that your rivals produce. Yes you have a German core but that has more to do with the fact that Germany is producing more talent and that you're the biggest club in Germany with the most financial capability e.g. Sanches for 60M.
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat May 14, 2016 12:40 am

Not the smartest thing to say. The hard work was done in the past, to get the current stature and money. I can't speak for Real Madrid or other clubs, but Bayern's success came from a chain of smart decisions in the past to exponentially capitalise on the result of one success story.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat May 14, 2016 12:43 am

itisrising wrote:Well if we look at Bayern, and you guys are the experts, it looks as though you take the top talents from your league that your rivals produce. Yes you have a German core but that has more to do with the fact that Germany is producing more talent and that you're the biggest club in Germany with the most financial capability e.g. Sanches for 60M.

Yeah, we do that now, but how do you think we got the financial capability and attraction power to the best players in the Bundesliga in the first place? It's ridiculous to compare that to City's very recent money injection. All the super clubs, the name and stature building were done decades ago and you guys are just getting started. Now it looks like you're saying we are successful because we buy the best players. Don't be silly.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby MUTU » Sat May 14, 2016 12:53 am

itisrising wrote:
#12 wrote:

Just that

2.) "our" money comes not out of nowhere... Somebody giving you anything for free? I mean, it's not like you deserve your food when you just use > money you worked for yourself < to buy it... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Well if we look at Bayern, and you guys are the experts, it looks as though you take the top talents from your league that your rivals produce. Yes you have a German core but that has more to do with the fact that Germany is producing more talent and that you're the biggest club in Germany with the most financial capability e.g. Sanches for 60M.

We have exactly one outfield player (Goetze) who we bought from a Bundesliga club. Find me another Bundesliga club that has less. Maybe you should inform yourself a bit better and not believe the media campaign. Götze is the only purchase. And he was a childhood Bayern fan. Lewandowski was a free agent, as was Rode. The rest are either homegrown (11 out of our 32 professionals) or bought from other leagues (notably 5 from Spain).
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe