You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

English football

Discussions on football in other leagues around Europe.
 

Re: English football

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:30 pm

Arsekusen

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5036
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2054 times
Been thanked: 2006 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:40 pm

I watched the Chelsea 2-2 Watford match live, it's my first ever live football match (I got a magnificent footage of that Oscar penalty miss which I'll get round to uploading soon enough). Have to say, it was really fun but the atmosphere is just incredibly lacking. I mean, I know that stadia like Stamford Bridge, Emirates and Etihad are always joked about as being silent, but man was that very true indeed today. Only a couple hundred people were singing, most of the fans seemed dead and even the sound of our Allianz Arena from the TV would have been louder than a filled Stamford Bridge. Maybe I'm too used to watching the Bundesliga so I expected the fans to be incredible, maybe I was expecting something similar to our "BAAAYEEERN, BAAAYEEERN" going for the whole 90 minutes, but that was disappointing. Even the Watford fans made more noise.
User avatar
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2682
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:02 pm
Location: London
National Flag:
Indonesia
Has thanked: 1899 times
Been thanked: 1680 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: English football

Postby Argeta » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:55 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:I watched the Chelsea 2-2 Watford match live, it's my first ever live football match (I got a magnificent footage of that Oscar penalty miss which I'll get round to uploading soon enough). Have to say, it was really fun but the atmosphere is just incredibly lacking. I mean, I know that stadia like Stamford Bridge, Emirates and Etihad are always joked about as being silent, but man was that very true indeed today. Only a couple hundred people were singing, most of the fans seemed dead and even the sound of our Allianz Arena from the TV would have been louder than a filled Stamford Bridge. Maybe I'm too used to watching the Bundesliga so I expected the fans to be incredible, maybe I was expecting something similar to our "BAAAYEEERN, BAAAYEEERN" going for the whole 90 minutes, but that was disappointing. Even the Watford fans made more noise.

Some Britts are traveling to Germany each week just to visit atmospheres like the yellow wall etc. It's sad what has happened to the English football fan culture.
User avatar
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 934
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:11 pm
Has thanked: 276 times
Been thanked: 273 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby Gunther » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:12 am

There is a difference between some of the big teams and the teams that have been down and have to really fight every week like Crystal Palace, Bournemouth, Leicester, Sheffield Wednesday. Fans of teams that have been almost guaranteed a spot in Europe every year have become complacent or more likely priced out of coming to the games. But I don't think that is unique to England. When Barca, Athletico, and Madrid aren't playing each other, it can get pretty quiet. The same holds true in much of Italy.

And by the way, unfortunately Bayern fans don't have the reputation as some of the consistently loudest in Germany but that's all relative.
User avatar
Gunther
Getting the hang of it
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:32 am
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 12 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby MUTU » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:06 pm

Argeta wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:I watched the Chelsea 2-2 Watford match live, it's my first ever live football match (I got a magnificent footage of that Oscar penalty miss which I'll get round to uploading soon enough). Have to say, it was really fun but the atmosphere is just incredibly lacking. I mean, I know that stadia like Stamford Bridge, Emirates and Etihad are always joked about as being silent, but man was that very true indeed today. Only a couple hundred people were singing, most of the fans seemed dead and even the sound of our Allianz Arena from the TV would have been louder than a filled Stamford Bridge. Maybe I'm too used to watching the Bundesliga so I expected the fans to be incredible, maybe I was expecting something similar to our "BAAAYEEERN, BAAAYEEERN" going for the whole 90 minutes, but that was disappointing. Even the Watford fans made more noise.

Some Britts are traveling to Germany each week just to visit atmospheres like the yellow wall etc. It's sad what has happened to the English football fan culture.

Never heard this and sounds interesting. What is your source please?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 29286
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5063 times
Been thanked: 7355 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: English football

Postby Argeta » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:39 pm

MUTU wrote:
Argeta wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:I watched the Chelsea 2-2 Watford match live, it's my first ever live football match (I got a magnificent footage of that Oscar penalty miss which I'll get round to uploading soon enough). Have to say, it was really fun but the atmosphere is just incredibly lacking. I mean, I know that stadia like Stamford Bridge, Emirates and Etihad are always joked about as being silent, but man was that very true indeed today. Only a couple hundred people were singing, most of the fans seemed dead and even the sound of our Allianz Arena from the TV would have been louder than a filled Stamford Bridge. Maybe I'm too used to watching the Bundesliga so I expected the fans to be incredible, maybe I was expecting something similar to our "BAAAYEEERN, BAAAYEEERN" going for the whole 90 minutes, but that was disappointing. Even the Watford fans made more noise.

Some Britts are traveling to Germany each week just to visit atmospheres like the yellow wall etc. It's sad what has happened to the English football fan culture.

Never heard this and sounds interesting. What is your source please?

http://qz.com/281230/soccer-in-england- ... o-germany/
User avatar
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 934
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:11 pm
Has thanked: 276 times
Been thanked: 273 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:54 am

Klopp and the hamstring curse
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ls-7077707

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 23212
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 19538 times
Been thanked: 5552 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby Lukas » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:01 am

Klopp's Unwort des Jahres: "Hamstring"
User avatar
Lukas
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:34 am
National Flag:
England
Has thanked: 79 times
Been thanked: 675 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:43 pm

I am rooting for Basti and LVG ...
F++K you Chelsea...
I saw somone holding a banner that read; Leave
Vanish
Go
Today the players seem to be playing with some spirit

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 23212
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 19538 times
Been thanked: 5552 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby JANCKER » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:45 pm

2 goals from Shaqattack.
Neuer - Boateng, Martínez, Hummels - Kimmich, Thiago, Alaba - Bernardeschi, Müller, Coman - Lewandowski
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17052
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 8912 times
Been thanked: 8160 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:08 pm

Schweinsteiger had a very poor game
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
User avatar
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 8231
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:53 am
Location: Sydney
National Flag:
Spain
Has thanked: 1473 times
Been thanked: 1437 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: English football

Postby pyrasur » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:22 pm

At this point what Schweini has over Gündogan in the German team is leadership. Hopefully his form for country is better than it is for club.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
User avatar
pyrasur
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3771
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:05 am
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2114 times
Been thanked: 1751 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: English football

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:54 pm

Schweini is already way too slow. Lost so many balls because he lacked the speed to get to them despite Chelsea not having any sort of decisive pressing impetus. He shouldn't start for Germany.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5036
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2054 times
Been thanked: 2006 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby Gunther » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:29 am

ramsej84 wrote:I am rooting for Basti and LVG ...
F++K you Chelsea...
I saw somone holding a banner that read; Leave
Vanish
Go
Today the players seem to be playing with some spirit

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2



I never doubted the players desire or effort. Today they were more vertical than horizontal and more on the front foot, but still can't put the ball in the net, woodwork not withstanding.
User avatar
Gunther
Getting the hang of it
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:32 am
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 12 times
Gender: Male

Re: English football

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:15 pm

This Kante is some player...
Jes he has not played an international match yet. Born Paris 1991 but can play for Mali as well...
Lei got him from a ligue2 in France

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 23212
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 19538 times
Been thanked: 5552 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Europe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sherpthederp and 3 guests